It's like Rez if it wasn't on rails...

#1 Posted by Vitor (2815 posts) -

... only far, far more beautiful - evokes the imagery Child of Eden seems to be going for, at least for me.  

I just played it for an hour straight, curtains drawn, headphones in, and am not sure quite what to make of it. As a game, I don't think it'd ever hold up, even to Rez, but as an experience, well, it sure is something. 

Anyone else care to share their experiences with this? Also, any good music ideas? Half my library of songs just seems wildly inappropriate and I feel like I should just be putting on Philip Glass ad nauseum and nothing else.

#2 Posted by pansen (6 posts) -

i also like 

Rez

#3 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

I need some music for this, Philip glass is a good call. I think I might just record a load of videos of Carl Sagan talking and put that on.

I agree with you, the game that is there is forgettable, but it's awesome just to fly around. 

#4 Edited by Vitor (2815 posts) -
@zudthespud said:

" I need some music for this, Philip glass is a good call. I think I might just record a load of videos of Carl Sagan talking and put that on. I agree with you, the game that is there is forgettable, but it's awesome just to fly around.  "

The soundtrack that it comes with is a little bit lacking for me but I'm having such a hard time finding anything else it might go with - NIN's more minimalist stuff maybe? Who knows. 

Really enjoying the 'game' - even if I can hardly play it for long stretches. 
#5 Posted by 1p (760 posts) -

I was also reminded of Child of Eden.

I put this game on my 98" projection screen and i think it melted my eyeballs - holy fuck that shit looks amazing!

I'll wait for a new PC before i play again though, because i get like 20 fps on this 2006 PC.

#6 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -
@Bib said:
"

I put this game on my 98" projection screen and i think it melted my eyeballs - holy fuck that shit looks amazing!

I'll wait for a new PC before i play again though, because i get like 20 fps on this 2006 PC.

"
98" polynomial? DO WANT.  

The one  thing I really want to be able to do in this game is to increase the FOV, I never feel like I can see all of the things I want to unless I'm far away.
#7 Posted by Vitor (2815 posts) -
@zudthespud said:
" @Bib said:
"

"
98" polynomial? DO WANT.   The one  thing I really want to be able to do in this game is to increase the FOV, I never feel like I can see all of the things I want to unless I'm far away. "
Same - must have looked utterly gorgeous with the HUD off. 

Also, 98", seriously? Not a typo? Do you own a cinema? :-|
#8 Posted by 1p (760 posts) -
@Vitor:
Yeah, it's a home cinema type setup. Not too big compared to others.
#9 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

After watching the QL, it doesn't look like it really shares anything with Rez at all.

#10 Posted by Vitor (2815 posts) -
@HandsomeDead: The abstract techno visuals and environment pulsating to the speed of the music along with the general space shooter gameplay drew pretty strong parallels for me. 

I think if you place both games side by side and showed the average joe, they'd most likely jump to the same conclusion. Gameplay is almost entirely different but, at least on the surface, it seems pretty comparable to me
#11 Posted by EVO (3894 posts) -

Holy shit, thanks for making this thread. I completely missed the QL and I'll try anything remotely close to Rez.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.