Recommend songs?

#1 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

I'm not going to lie, my hard drive is full of metal and alternative music and that does not go with this game. So I need some music that suits it better. So far I have 2 tracks that I really like playing this game to, the first being Pruit Ingoe and Prophecies by Philip Glass, the second being Just One Second by London Elektricity: 

The only reason I found this song was because it's in a GT5 trailer. 

So, please share music that you enjoy playing this game with, because I really need ideas.
#2 Posted by zegolf (224 posts) -

I would imagine that anything by Daft Punk would work well.  Probably the whole Tron soundtrack.  Maybe anything off of either DJ Hero soundtrack, as well?

#3 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

I was looking for stuff a bit more mellow than Daft Punk. I feel like Buzz Killington if I'm not dancing to it.

#4 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

add some of Jeffs music, midnight brown, they are techy and electronicy enough that it should work out well

#5 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -
@Dany said:
" add some of Jeffs music, midnight brown, they are techy and electronicy enough that it should work out well "
Thanks, I'm trying it now.
#6 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
#7 Posted by Vitor (2810 posts) -

Philip Glass and other minimalist instrumental stuff works really well (tempted to throw on NiN's concept album too to that end). 

Not into the electronic side myself for this game surprisingly, actually going more classical which is weird for me.

#8 Posted by Vitor (2810 posts) -

Radiohead is also a great choice, just tried it - especially their later, more electronic/abstract stuff like the Kid A album.

#9 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

I would love to try out anything by My Bloody Valentine in that game.

#10 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

#11 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

Any soundtrack from a Wipeout game ought to suffice, shouldn't it?

#12 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -
@Gizmo said:
"   
"
More like this
#13 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

I have no idea if this is a good idea or not but:

I feel would be pretty kewl.
#14 Posted by Bravestar (380 posts) -

I just floated around to Max Richter's album Infra. Very relaxing.

#15 Posted by RoujinX (419 posts) -

Cordova, by De Facto.
#16 Posted by Rmack (1075 posts) -

Boards of Canada.

#17 Edited by Mattalorian (594 posts) -
Shatter has an absolutely fantastic soundtrack that works perfectly in The Polynomial. It's upbeat, heavily layered, and has a retro-space vibe to it.
Another great one is a free album by the name of Life's Path. It has a lot of piano, solid baselines, and weird psychedelic synth leads. Pretty much the ideal sound for The Polynomial.
#18 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2089 posts) -

I think the screen will just turn into a bright white void if I put the latter half of this track into the game.
#19 Posted by Seanebaby (41 posts) -

I've been using the Mass Effect 2 soundtrack, works really well.

#20 Posted by MaddProdigy (1041 posts) -

DEADMAU5- Ghosts N Stuff
                    Moar Ghosts N Stuff
DAFT PUNK- Around the World
                    One More time
                    Harder Better Faster Stronger (Deadmau5 Remix)
 BT- Rose of Jericho
 JUSTICE- Genesis
            Phantom pt. II 

Obviously electronic music isn't your thing, but so far it's made the game trippy for me so these are some suggestions :P

#21 Posted by Box3ru13 (702 posts) -
@Mattalorian said:
" Shatter has an absolutely fantastic soundtrack that works perfectly in The Polynomial. It's upbeat, heavily layered, and has a retro-space vibe to it.
Another great one is a free album by the name of Life's Path. It has a lot of piano, solid baselines, and weird psychedelic synth leads. Pretty much the ideal sound for The Polynomial. "
Shatter times a million. 
#22 Posted by ADAMWD (565 posts) -

The album Lost Tapes by Grifta would probably work pretty well.

#23 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

I imagine Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works would play fantastically.

#24 Posted by whistlebottom (193 posts) -

Fuck. Had no intention of buying this, then saw this thread and bought it. Damn you Steam! I don't have any recommendations, but does anyone else use these music games as a way to just listen to new music? I'm a child of my era and find it hard to not multi-task, and these games (Audiosurf, Beat Hazard) allow me to listen to the music better than other games.

#25 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

If you Want something a bit more chill than that, I would check out The Tangerine Dream song "Outland" (anything by them is good, really) or the Burial song "Ghost Hardware" (anything by him is good, really).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.