Sean Coonce on the Price is Right

#1 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Did the footage of this ever appear? If not, I propose a new effort to track it down. In the Quick Look the guys are all "Oh yeah we'll have to find the video" but I don't think they ever did.

#2 Posted by NegativeCero (2925 posts) -

Wow, you have a good memory. I don't remember this at all.

#3 Posted by Pie (6935 posts) -

Damn. I thought this thread was gonna be that you had found it

#4 Posted by Grimhild (719 posts) -

I support this.

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (34603 posts) -

@Pie said:

Damn. I thought this thread was gonna be that you had found it

We all did. He is a cruel bastard for playing such a horrible prank on us all.

#6 Posted by Dalai (6878 posts) -

This totally explains why CBSi bought Giant Bomb. Pretty sure the tape has been destroyed.

#7 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I know Coonce said he was going on a journey around the world, but I ask: did he leave Whiskey and not join CBSi, or did he join CBSi and then take a vacation...?

#8 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4669 posts) -

@Pie said:

Damn. I thought this thread was gonna be that you had found it

#9 Posted by Radar (884 posts) -

@Napalm said:

I know Coonce said he was going on a journey around the world, but I ask: did he leave Whiskey and not join CBSi, or did he join CBSi and then take a vacation...?

THIS NEEDS TO BE ANSWERED

#10 Posted by MethodMan008 (796 posts) -
#11 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4874 posts) -

Misleading topic is misleading.

#12 Posted by ShadowConqueror (2993 posts) -

Find it, you fucks!

#13 Posted by AuthenticM (3672 posts) -

I'm not in on this. Are you guys saying Coonce was once on The Price Is Right?

#14 Posted by Gnubberen (734 posts) -

Yeah I've heard that Coonce was going globetrotting... So... Coonce! Comming to a town near you!

#15 Posted by AlisterCat (5398 posts) -

Come on guys, crowd sourcing! I'm sure if we all scour the internet we'll turn up something.

#16 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2661 posts) -

@AuthenticM said:

I'm not in on this. Are you guys saying Coonce was once on The Price Is Right?

Yes. This has been discussed numerous times.

GET WITH THE FUCKING PROGRAM

jk

#17 Posted by ajamafalous (11591 posts) -
@Pie said:

Damn. I thought this thread was gonna be that you had found it

Yeah, me too.
#18 Posted by Sarumarine (2056 posts) -

For anyone confused, see the two Price is Right Quick Looks for the Giant Bomb crew discussing Coonce on Price is Right and how they should find the tape.

#19 Posted by Smashlampjaw (219 posts) -

Now that Giantbomb is with CBS, they should for sure be able to find it ask them.

#20 Posted by LordAndrew (13982 posts) -
I hate you. Yes, I've heard about it. And no, I don't have it. I thought you did. :-(
#21 Posted by Milkman (16228 posts) -

I clicked this thread in a frenzy thinking that the fabled Coonce Price is Right footage had finally been unearthed and I leave disappointed and dejected.

Online
#22 Edited by Mendelson9 (367 posts) -

I searched the air dates on the Wayback Machine. http://web.archive.org/web/20071118151856/http://www.cbs.com/daytime/price/tickets/revised_airdates.shtml

Show #Air DateTape Date
4081K11/14/200710/2/2007
4071K11/28/200710/2/2007
4073K11/8/20079/26/2007
4082K11/15/20079/25/2007
4044K1/2/20089/25/2007
4061K12/13/20079/13/2007

The picture in his Flickr account is dated 10/3/2007. If anyone can find where to watch old Price is Right episodes, start with this.

Also here is the quick look videos for anyone interested in what we are talking about.

#23 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

@Pie said:

Damn. I thought this thread was gonna be that you had found it

#24 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1543 posts) -

This is going to be impossible to find, unless you buy some like third party "best of" DVD off eBay and hope that episode is on there.

Online
#25 Posted by ViciousReiven (793 posts) -

@FlemmingM said:

Yeah I've heard that Coonce was going globetrotting... So... Coonce! Comming to a town near you!

Price is Right episode 4071K:

"Shawn, a "World Traveler", could win a Dodge Avenger

SXT (std, sport appearance group, body color moldings,

floor mats, AM/FM/6disc DVD/MP3 stereo)(L) if he knows

which price makes him say That's Too Much!"

This is the closest I've found, there are way too many episodes in those months to cover and there isn't a proper contestant archive, I'd say just look for this episode first before digging any deeper and just hope the spelled his name incorrectly.

#26 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

Man, wait to trick us all. You're a bad person.

#27 Edited by louiedog (2330 posts) -

@ViciousReiven said:

@FlemmingM said:

Yeah I've heard that Coonce was going globetrotting... So... Coonce! Comming to a town near you!

Price is Right episode 4071K:

"Shawn, a "World Traveler", could win a Dodge Avenger

SXT (std, sport appearance group, body color moldings,

floor mats, AM/FM/6disc DVD/MP3 stereo)(L) if he knows

which price makes him say That's Too Much!"

This is the closest I've found, there are way too many episodes in those months to cover and there isn't a proper contestant archive, I'd say just look for this episode first before digging any deeper and just hope the spelled his name incorrectly.

In-depth discussion (??????????) of that episodes here. I can't right at the moment, but if someone wants to poke around that forum I wouldn't be surprised if some of those die hards recorded episodes.

edit: It's not that episode. Here's a screencap that includes Shawn. It's not him which I suppose isn't surprising given the spelling difference. It might be worth searching that forum for recaps with the correct spelling of his name in that time frame.

I'm starting to feel weird and creepy looking at this stuff.

#28 Posted by emergency (1190 posts) -

@louiedog said:

@ViciousReiven said:

@FlemmingM said:

Yeah I've heard that Coonce was going globetrotting... So... Coonce! Comming to a town near you!

Price is Right episode 4071K:

"Shawn, a "World Traveler", could win a Dodge Avenger

SXT (std, sport appearance group, body color moldings,

floor mats, AM/FM/6disc DVD/MP3 stereo)(L) if he knows

which price makes him say That's Too Much!"

This is the closest I've found, there are way too many episodes in those months to cover and there isn't a proper contestant archive, I'd say just look for this episode first before digging any deeper and just hope the spelled his name incorrectly.

In-depth discussion (??????????) of that episodes here. I can't right at the moment, but if someone wants to poke around that forum I wouldn't be surprised if some of those die hards recorded episodes.

edit: It's not that episode. Here's a screencap that includes Shawn. It's not him which I suppose isn't surprising given the spelling difference. It might be worth searching that forum for recaps with the correct spelling of his name in that time frame.

I'm starting to feel weird and creepy looking at this stuff.

That website... I.. I.. I am not sure what I think of it. *Slowly backs away*

#29 Edited by louiedog (2330 posts) -

Okay. My dinner plans got pushed back a bit so I went back in. I'm really sad about this site. There's a guy who posts screencaps of the "hotties" in each episode. Unfortunately the links that still work only seem to show pics on stage so no way to spot Coonce.

Here are episodes that seem possible based on the date that have contestants named Sean. I used even earlier episodes because it's possible the date on the photos wasn't when they were actually taken. It's also possible that not every episode goes so deep with details. I just searched for "sean" on the site and powered through the madness. Having issues with linking text on the site lately so sorry about the sloppy formatting.

6/12/07http://www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,3484.0.html

4/10/08.http://www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,5122.0.html

12/21/07http://www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,5000.0.html

12/25/07http://www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,5024.0.html

1/24/08http://www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,5282.msg74925.html#msg74925

5/16/07http://www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,3128.msg47657.html

#30 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

@louiedog: I think he won a washer/dryer...

also that site is really really sad

#31 Posted by MethodMan008 (796 posts) -
#32 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

@louiedog: Video of 12/25/07 is on Youtube, Coonce isn't on it.

#33 Posted by louiedog (2330 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@louiedog: I think he won a washer/dryer...

also that site is really really sad

Well, it's none of them if that's what he won. Maybe later after mapping out a sanitizing ritual I'll search again for sean and washer or something instead of trying to narrow by date.

#34 Posted by MethodMan008 (796 posts) -

Anyone know where is Sean is from?

Storywheels 14k Christmas Necklace (R-in the Row)

+Debra 1250+Sean *1550+Benjamin 1NANCY 2300($1800)

Sean from Venice, CA plays LUCKY SEVEN for a Jeep Wrangler X (Std., AC, Top, Stereo, Prot)(B&T)

---

That is from 12/21/07.. Can't find any video though. But this Sean didn't win anything..

#35 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

@MethodMan008: If you get on stage to play a game, you win the item that you bid on to get there.

#36 Edited by MethodMan008 (796 posts) -

@FrankCanada97: Haha. Shit. It's been so long since I have seen that show.

#37 Posted by LordAndrew (13982 posts) -
I wish you guys the best of luck. The footage must be found!
#38 Posted by Drebin_893 (2872 posts) -

@NegativeCero said:

Wow, you have a good memory. I don't remember this at all.

#39 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

The crew will find it, probably won't take long.

#40 Posted by coonce (1429 posts) -

@MethodMan008 said:

And Coonce is no longer with Giantbomb, fyi.

I am forever with Giantbomb. #IfyoustrikemedownIshallbecomemorepowerfulthanyoucouldpossiblyimagine

#41 Posted by vorpalparasite (259 posts) -

In Coonce We Trust

#42 Posted by MackGyver (508 posts) -

Hope to see more Coonce in future GB videos!

#43 Posted by Suicrat (3762 posts) -

You know, if you're bummed out and you want some Price-is-Right related cheering-up, just look for the video featuring Cody. That man is the greatest Mormon of all time, they should rename it to the Church of Cody and Latter-day Saints!

#44 Posted by posh (447 posts) -

bump. i want closure.

#45 Posted by Maystack (898 posts) -

Damn, I thought someone had found the episode.

#46 Posted by Undeadpool (4866 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Pie said:

Damn. I thought this thread was gonna be that you had found it

We all did. He is a cruel bastard for playing such a horrible prank on us all.

LET'S BURN HIM IN EFFIGY!!

#47 Posted by Evilsbane (4335 posts) -

We just need to find some old lady or man who VHS recorded every single episode ever aired!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.