Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Red Star

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Apr 06, 2007

The Red Star is an action game based on a series of graphic novels. A blend of Contra-style shooting with close-quarters melee combat, The Red Star is a unique blend of the old and the new. Features co-operative play and three different characters to choose from.

One of the PS2's hidden gems.

George_McFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By George_McFly

I've never seen or heard a discussion about The Red Star, but it's really good!

One of the very few games I've played, and liked, that gets absolutely zero attention.

I would love to see this XBLA/PSN with online co-op.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Pazy

Here I was thinking I was the only one who liked this game :) Its an awesome combination of Brawler and Shoot-Em-Up. Its based on a comic of some kind that ive never heard of and I dont make much sense of the story but the gameplay is amazing. It was one of the games that went down with Acclaim in 2004 before being released in 2007 by XS.

I got into it because one of the designers, Ara Shirinian, is one of my favourite radio (by which I mean actual broadcast radio with a radio, studio and everything) and podcast host.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Pazy
    @sidescroller said:
    " The only thing I know about this game is that when Acclaim went bankrupt, this game went through publisher hell.I played a demo like a year before the actual release, and remember liking it a lot. "
    If your PS2 is still hooked up (or are actually willing to keep it out for the duration) then you should definately pick it up. Ebay US has it for 20 dollers or less (I think one out of the 8 auctions is more) which is a bit wierd because the Ebay UK site (my local) has it for the equivelant of $6 with free P&P (though im assuming US isnt actually free).
    whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By whyzenheimer

A friend and myself had a great time with this game up until a stage that ended with a battle with a train, if I remember correctly.  Neither of us are big shooter/bullet hell fans, and that boss made us turn tail and run to another game.

Maybe it's time to try again.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By iamjohn

Yeah, Red Star is so awesome.  I'm really glad it finally came out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.