Has anyone else noticed this?

#1 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6403 posts) -

When I was preparing for a stealth mission, I stole a nazi uniform off a nazi I noticed that there was no nazi symbol on the uniform when I sarted wearing it, which seemes really weird because that would be the one thing that the other nazis would notice to see you are on their side. I tried again on another nazi and the same thing happend. I was interested to know if this has happend to anybody else and if this is some sort of glitch or maybe a decision made by the developer to avoid something? 

#2 Posted by Meltac (2009 posts) -

I noticed it too, but I see it as Sean don't want to wear the symbol himself when he steals a nazi uniform, but it's definetely not a glitch.

#3 Posted by Left4deadgirl (26 posts) -

I don't know if this is right but it could be the possibility that the people who reviewed the game before it was released said they couldn't have the symbol in it. Like if you notice in some of the other Nazi games the symbol is not actually the Nazi symbol its actually a little different if you take a closer look.

#4 Posted by CenturionCajun (1461 posts) -

That is only in certain European countries where showing the swastika is illegal. The US release has no such restrictions and you can see the swastika all over. I would agree it's probably just Sean not wanting to wear it. If you'll notice he isn't even trying to wear the uniform very convincingly and it's amazing it takes Nazi soldiers as long as it does to notice him.

You're probably thinking about the Giant Bomb Quick Look EX. They were looking at a demo build that would be in wide release so it had a placeholder emblem as to not violate any international laws.

#5 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

Has anyone also noticed how terrible his Irish Accent sounds?! They should have used a real Irishman. Like Me! ; )

But yeah, i didn't notice that actually, i don't know if they did that on purpose as CenturionCajun said, or if it was just a glitch. I'd say they probably forgot to fix it before they shipped the game.

#6 Posted by CenturionCajun (1461 posts) -

See, I still think it's on purpose. If you look at his general appearance when he's disguised it looks like he just threw the jacket of whatever soldier he just killed on with little regard for how it looks.

As for his accent it fits in with the incredibly over the top, and borderline racist, depiction of every ethnicity within the game. It's just a part of the pulpy setting.

#7 Posted by CenturionCajun (1461 posts) -

Something I have noticed while playing is that the Swastika emblems on some of the Nazi vehicles is still the placeholder cross instead of the swastika itself. Kind of weird.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.