How do the controls feel?

#1 Posted by UKSamwise (23 posts) -

I am thinking about getting the game soon and a deciding facter is the controls are they floaty like Mercs 2 or do they now have weight to them also how does the shooting controls fare? 

#2 Posted by Yummylee (21200 posts) -

The controls are pretty good i'd say. Its the animations that are a little stiff and look sort of clumsy.
#3 Posted by Soap (3559 posts) -

I haven't played it, but from everything I've heard it's a little stiff

#4 Edited by TMThomsen (2070 posts) -

It's alright, reminds me of the first Assassin's Creed, and the vehicles reminds me of Mafia.

#5 Posted by Evilsbane (4516 posts) -

It feels pretty good the controls themself feel great but as others have stated the Animation isn't going to win any awards but I really like the game the whole prologue setup was like watching a Sin City noir film it was pretty fucking sweet.
#6 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

They're not bad, the stuff to get against walls isn't all that well designed though.
Other than that they're fine, the control scheme itself works pretty well, the left trigger changes a little to each situation.
I.e. if you've a gun out, then it'll zoom a little, if you're not using anything you'll sneak.

Works well, climbing is really easy if a little slow.

#7 Posted by mrfizzy (1512 posts) -

Im not a fan of the stiff vehicle controls. And the "iron sights" view is touchy as all hell (tho you can adjust that). Apart from that i find they get the job done. 

#8 Edited by Funzzo (834 posts) -

The controls from what I have played are total SHIT.  I am using my 360 controler on the PC version. When ever I hit the LT to go in to brawl mode it spins the camera as well. It does this while driving too. It seems like the default setup for the 360 controler is to have the same button mapped for different things. This is not cool and it just adds to how much this game lacks overall polish.  This game better get some major patches soon.  This game feels like it was rushed out 85% done. SAD I wanted to like this game. 

#9 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

they feel... controlly
#10 Posted by septim (774 posts) -
@Funzzo said:
" The controls from what I have played are total SHIT.  I am using my 360 controler on the PC version. When ever I hit the LT to go in to brawl mode it spins the camera as well. It does this while driving too. It seems like the default setup for the 360 controler is to have the same button mapped for different things. This is not cool and it just adds to how much this game lacks overall polish.  This game better get some major patches soon.  This game feels like it was rushed out 85% done. SAD I wanted to like this game.  "

It seems like a Pandemic tradition to push out games that are "almost there". Supposedly the game had failed certification multiple times before it went gold and EA shut the studio down. It perplexes me that a game with a massive staff, massive budget, and major publisher would make the same mistakes they made last time.
#11 Posted by Funzzo (834 posts) -

Agreed. This is mercs 2 all over again.
#12 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6385 posts) -
@UKSamwise:
the shooting controls are great, but I need to get used to the weird but functional hand-to-hand combat controls.
#13 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

The controls are pretty good, I'd say. They're easy to learn, and everything is well laid out. They're kinda like Mercs. 2, but I'd say they're better still, as there's more you can do with them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.