Is it just me, or does it remind you of Assassins Creed?

Avatar image for nickm
#1 Posted by NickM (1152 posts) -

In a good way, I mean. What I'm saying is that the trailer that shown the guy assassinate a Nazi and some screenshots that show the main character climbing and standing on top of buildings really remind me of that game. I think that it looks like a great setting for an Assassins Creed game. It would be cool to see Assassins Creed in this time period, complete with vehicles and guns.

Avatar image for nickm
#2 Posted by NickM (1152 posts) -

I'm just saying that stuff like this definitely carries the vibe

527699-sab.jpg





960464-the_saboteur_06.jpg

Avatar image for sfighter21
#3 Posted by sfighter21 (861 posts) -

hmm, I don't know, but I'm definitely interested in it and I'm not usually into open-world games.

Avatar image for diamond
#4 Posted by Diamond (8678 posts) -

I'm not getting much of an Assassin's Creed vibe from the game at all.  Most of the screens don't have him on top of buildings.  I hope the game is as open and deep as it might be.

Avatar image for pie
#5 Posted by Pie (7279 posts) -

I wish this didnt have quite as much over the top action as described in some preveiws but was a bit deeper and stealthier.

Online
Avatar image for nickm
#6 Posted by NickM (1152 posts) -
Pie said:
"I wish this didnt have quite as much over the top action as described in some preveiws but was a bit deeper and stealthier."
Yeah, I don't think that Mercenaries style over the top action would fit here.

I would prefer a Hitman/Assassins Creed like slower paced, but more rewarding gameplay with carefully planed assassinations, instead of going in guns blazing. Nevertheless, I really wanna see how it turns out.
Avatar image for zeforgotten
#7 Posted by ZeForgotten (10368 posts) -
@NickM said:
" Pie said:
"I wish this didnt have quite as much over the top action as described in some preveiws but was a bit deeper and stealthier."
Yeah, I don't think that Mercenaries style over the top action would fit here.I would prefer a Hitman/Assassins Creed like slower paced, but more rewarding gameplay with carefully planed assassinations, instead of going in guns blazing. Nevertheless, I really wanna see how it turns out. "
or maybe it could be just that, like Hitman where you can either go guns blazing if you wanna be like that OR you could do something sneaky and take people out silently. 
Tho' I do love my Sabotage with a sideorder of BOOM! 
Avatar image for daryl
#8 Posted by Daryl (1776 posts) -

Just you.

Avatar image for godlyawesomeguy
#9 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6421 posts) -

Well I have AC 2 and The Saboteur and they feel completely different.

Avatar image for splittmark
#10 Posted by SpliTTMark (54 posts) -
@Godlyawesomeguy said:
"

Well I have AC 2 and The Saboteur and they feel completely different.

"
remove the guns, explosions and cars of saboteur and booom you got assassins creed.
 
Or lets say assassins creed 3 was to take place during 1942. how would it be different from the saboteur?
Avatar image for karn
#11 Posted by Karn (714 posts) -
@SpliTTMark:  One of them is broken.
Avatar image for trophyhunter
#12 Posted by trophyhunter (6038 posts) -
yay for necro-bumbing
Avatar image for godlyawesomeguy
#13 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6421 posts) -
@SpliTTMark said:
" @Godlyawesomeguy said:
"

Well I have AC 2 and The Saboteur and they feel completely different.

"
remove the guns, explosions and cars of saboteur and booom you got assassins creed.  Or lets say assassins creed 3 was to take place during 1942. how would it be different from the saboteur? "
Sure some things are similar, but the feel to both games is drastically different and they are both fantastic games in their own right.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.