Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Saboteur

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 08, 2009

The Saboteur is a action-packed, free-roaming sandbox game that takes place in Nazi-occupied France during World War II. Drive the Nazis out of Paris through whatever means necessary as Irish mechanic-turned-race-car-driver-turned-soldier-of-fortune Sean Devlin.

The Saboteur so far

Parabole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 17

Edited By Parabole

(spoilers, if that matters)  First thing that caught my eye was the 20 dollar price tag, and second was the fact that Saboteur was from the out of business developer Pandemic. The last game they made and the slightly positive buzz on this game got me to give it a shot. After a while, I realized how familiar this game was to Pandemic's previous title of Mercenaries 2. 
         So much destruction! I have been playing the story mode, or specifically, the main story mode and was distraught on how bland it is. The Train and bridge explosion level was exciting but it felt like this is all the game could come up with. I was going to reference the zeppelin level, but that was more of the players forcing the game to be interesting. What seemed unfortunate was that a couple of the Main story levels were over just as soon as they began. There was a part after a mission, another main mission prompts up saying to talk to Veronique, you do, level over.  Some of the Main missions are that simple. 
        What I was trying to get to was the ambient missions. If you buy all the maps and think that blowing up 30 or so snipers nest was a lot, wait till you see the map of France COVERED in Ambient dots! I thought that this was a completionist dream and fun. That was until I realized that it becomes annoying after a while. I noticed the similarity between The Saboteur and Mercenaries 2, the repetitive explosions are what save most of the games. Destroying things are more fun that playing the main story. Mercenaries 2 was about getting vengeance on your buttcheek and right now I'm at a level where I have beat Dierker in a race in The Saboteur. Didn't I have an exciting fight with him on a blimp?

Parabole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Parabole

(spoilers, if that matters)  First thing that caught my eye was the 20 dollar price tag, and second was the fact that Saboteur was from the out of business developer Pandemic. The last game they made and the slightly positive buzz on this game got me to give it a shot. After a while, I realized how familiar this game was to Pandemic's previous title of Mercenaries 2. 
         So much destruction! I have been playing the story mode, or specifically, the main story mode and was distraught on how bland it is. The Train and bridge explosion level was exciting but it felt like this is all the game could come up with. I was going to reference the zeppelin level, but that was more of the players forcing the game to be interesting. What seemed unfortunate was that a couple of the Main story levels were over just as soon as they began. There was a part after a mission, another main mission prompts up saying to talk to Veronique, you do, level over.  Some of the Main missions are that simple. 
        What I was trying to get to was the ambient missions. If you buy all the maps and think that blowing up 30 or so snipers nest was a lot, wait till you see the map of France COVERED in Ambient dots! I thought that this was a completionist dream and fun. That was until I realized that it becomes annoying after a while. I noticed the similarity between The Saboteur and Mercenaries 2, the repetitive explosions are what save most of the games. Destroying things are more fun that playing the main story. Mercenaries 2 was about getting vengeance on your buttcheek and right now I'm at a level where I have beat Dierker in a race in The Saboteur. Didn't I have an exciting fight with him on a blimp?

themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By themartyr

Keep on with it, it's great fun! 

And trust me, once you start taking on all those ambient freeplays, it becomes very methodical and fun, because the skill is in doing them without getting caught (because you can't keep escaping the nazi's for every one of them, it takes too much time). I got it for cheap too, and really thought it was worth the cash. 

Did you say you wanted to read my review? No problem, haha.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.