Who would you cast if they made a Monkey Island movie?

#1 Posted by s10129107 (1179 posts) -

Is Guybrush more of a Leonardo DeCaprio or an Ellen Degeneres?  Maybe Elaine can be Natalie Portman or Julia Louis Dryfus.  LeChuck = Sean Connery?  You decide!

#2 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

will ferral has to be there

#3 Edited by Nogert (132 posts) -

I always thought that Johnny Depp's character Captain Jack Sparrow was based slightly on the appearance of Captain Dread in Monkey Island 2, so JD could be in it, but as Threepwood? No way. Oh and I know this sounds crazy but how about Michael Cera as Guybrush lol.

Apparently, the first PotC movies were actually first pitched as Monkey Island movies, but they never got any funding so they made lots of tweeks and came out with PotC, which did get funding, something like that anyway.

#4 Posted by s10129107 (1179 posts) -

Michael Cera def looks the part, haha.  Perfect.  I always thought that pirates of the carrebean felt eerily like monkey island.

#5 Posted by Captain_Insano (1527 posts) -

I think that Leonardo DiCaprio could make an alright Gubyrush Threepwood.

#6 Posted by Loomis2 (22 posts) -

Michael Cera is a good choice, also Topher Grace.  He might be getting too old for the part though.

#7 Posted by ClangBuzzSteam (4 posts) -

george lucas would give you the rights if you rub his belly whilst at a barbecue.

#8 Edited by HoboCop (53 posts) -
ClangBuzzSteam said:
"george lucas would give you the rights if you rub his belly whilst at a barbecue.
"

What a dick thing to say.  And you are a dick for saying it.  Why don't you go back to your home on Cockface Island, you judgemental prick.  Christ I hate people like you.  Rot in hell.  And i'll call you about pub quiz wednesday.
#9 Posted by Jimbo_N (1197 posts) -

Dominic Armato as Guybrush Threepwood of course. He is the voice of threepwood in the 3rd and 4th game, he resembles threepwood in apperance AND he is already an actor.
And yea, the PotC movies are strongly influenced by Monkey Island. Thats why I love them so much (yes even the third one).

#10 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -

Though they should never ever, make a Monkey Island Movie.. It would totally have to be Dominic Armato, he's the only person I can think of who could and does actually do justice to the character

#11 Edited by JackiJinx (3089 posts) -

I can't imagine anyone other than Dominic doing Guybrush's voice, and I can't really see him taking the physical aspect of the role.

#12 Posted by Daryl (1781 posts) -

I hate Michael Cera.

#13 Posted by RichardLOlson (1852 posts) -

Peter Jackson should have the directors chair and make this movie one hell of a movie.

#14 Posted by papercut (3446 posts) -
@Loomis2 said:
" Michael Cera is a good choice, also Topher Grace.  He might be getting too old for the part though. "
I think Topher grace would be pretty damn good in that role.
#15 Edited by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

AL Yankavic

#16 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -
@Jimbo_N said:
" Dominic Armato as Guybrush Threepwood of course. He is the voice of threepwood in the 3rd and 4th game, he resembles threepwood in apperance
lolwut

Dominic Armato, 2009.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.