Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Secret World

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 03, 2012

Developed by Funcom, The Secret World is an MMORPG influenced by ancient mythology and legend.

Buddy Key wanted

bombedyermom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bombedyermom

I'd like to try this game now that its F2P, anyone playing it able to send me a buddy key?

Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Gonmog

It's not free to play persay. It's buy once and play forever. Like Guild Wars 2

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Karkarov

Yeap, you have to buy the box itself. Considering I have seen it around as cheap as 15-20 bucks I don't really think this is asking for too much either. Especially when you consider their cash shop is not "pay to win". At least for now anyway.

eSci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By eSci

I believe they have a free trial for it on their website and after having a look around I believe you just make an account. With that said, I haven't really kept up with this game since it pretty much tanked at launch but it looks like they removed the pay to play model sub fees. Which is good considering they had a bloody cash shop in a pay to play game to begin with.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By project343

It's $15 on Amazon right now for unlimited access to one of the best MMO leveling experiences out there. I don't think there are buddy keys, but this is hardly a poor investment.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By gaminghooligan

@project343 said:

It's $15 on Amazon right now for unlimited access to one of the best MMO leveling experiences out there. I don't think there are buddy keys, but this is hardly a poor investment.

I second this, I picked it up for 15 on Amazon and I'm having a blast with it. The leveling is awesome, there are fun quests with quality cutscene intros, and the game is in no way pay to win.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By project343

@gaminghooligan said:

the game is in no way pay to win.

Honestly, I can not stress this enough. It is one of the most respectable and reasonable F2P/B2P modelsI have ever seen. Not paying for a monthly fee is simply the base experience, and paying for the monthly is purely a value-add onto that base experience. It doesn't feel like you are some sort of gimped lesser citizen of that world.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.