Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Secret World

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 03, 2012

Developed by Funcom, The Secret World is an MMORPG influenced by ancient mythology and legend.

Sarcan’s Guide / Philosophy on Weapon Choices and Deck Building

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Jams

I found this guide and thought it might be useful to some of you guys who are having a hard time grasping the way the deck building works (I read it and still don't really under stand it 100%). I'm going with the Gunslinger deck for the Illuminati which is pistols and elemental. I guess that means I'm a support class with [STATE SYNERGY] in Hindered state (rooting), [TRIGGER SYNERGY] Crit Hit, and a chain subtype (a shot that bounces between enemies). The great thing is that I kind of was starting to figure that out on my own. At least now, I know that's what role my character plays in a group.

http://yokaiblog.wikidot.com/guides:weapon-choices

buemba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By buemba

How far along in the Gunslinger deck are you and are you happy with it?

So far I completed the first 2 tiers of skills in the pistols and elemental trees and am finding their combination pretty underwhelming (Then again, I'm mostly playing solo, which probably isn't a good idea with a support class). Thinking about cutting my losses and changing to a blade/blood magic combo.

dyong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By dyong

I'm doing gunslinger and I'm pretty happy with it for soloing. It seems to have a lot of hinders, and since the majority of mobs in Kingsmouth and Savage Coast are melee, you can avoid a bunch of damage while burning them down. I have trouble with bad pulls and big mobs though. It's definitely a build where you have to move around a bit to avoid damage.

buemba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By buemba

@dyong: Thanks.

I ended up switching for a blade/ar build for the time being since those moth things in Savage Coast were wrecking me, but I'll revisit gunslinger later.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Dagbiker

I didn't go for a deck, I just pick ability's I like, and mostly go for passive ability's that weaken or do more damage to weakened foes. But Im all over the place.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Karkarov

pistols are actually pretty weak sauce they are good support and can provide nice debuffs and synergy with a lot of different weapons but are really best served in a group not solo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.