Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Secret World

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 03, 2012

Developed by Funcom, The Secret World is an MMORPG influenced by ancient mythology and legend.

The Secret World are classy SOB's

Aelric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Aelric

Well, I can't log into the secret world forums, but felt the need to express it. I did a three day trial and then got a half price sale on a CDkey for Secret World. thus far, I've only experienced the classiest, nicest folks on there that I've ever experienced on an MMO. seriously, I dunno if it's due to the community being small or just the style of the game, but every single grouping I've had, and I've had plenty at this point, I've been very happy with. A cut above the average MMO player, to be sure. Hats off, Secret World players. Hats off. Special call out to 'criter' on Daemon server particularly. Great intro to Egypt!

Telerii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Telerii

I just joined this site to respond to this post, because I wholeheartedly agree! Our fellow players are definitely the nicest peope I've seen in an MMO in a very long time. It's not just based on Cabals (guilds) either. For once, I don't feel the need to minimize my chat window for most of the time that I play due to seeing too much rude behavior, nor does my /ignore list grow daily. In TSW, (excluding rare exceptions), people help each other out, and treat each other with respect. Niceties that were thought to be extinct in MMO gameplay have resurfaced again! Thank you to all fellow TSW players for creating and maintaining such an excellent in-game community!

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Ramone

I'd imagine it's something to do with it being a small community, similar to the early GB community.

Avatar image for chilipeppersman
    chilipeppersman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By chilipeppersman
    @Ramone Yea the early gb community was a nice group, and then the trolls came in eventually. If sw goes f2p ill check it out, its always nice have a community thats isnt mostly composed of deuchebags.
    Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Funkydupe

Anarchy Online was similar for me. Likeminded people and all that jazz.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By BaneFireLord
    @Aelric: Where did you get the three day trial?
    Aelric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Aelric

@BaneFireLord: Just make an account at their site and then choose the trial option (or maybe it's automatic). Should not need any credit card or paypal at all. Also, if you finish 30 missions, they extend it to a 5 day trial.

wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By wadtomaton

Huh, I assumed that title was sarcastic. Glad to hear, I still want to check this game out one of these days >_>;;;;

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Ramone said:

I'd imagine it's something to do with it being a small community, similar to the early GB community.

Yeah, this.
    GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By GaspoweR

I know its irrelevant to the topic but since it was brought up, i kinda wish the GB community was like the same as it was in the early days wherein we didn't have the kinds of assholes we have now. I don't even see former interns pop in anymore. Also, I don't get why Kessler/Bodega was getting hated on so much. Anyway, back to the topic I do hope that TSW manages to stay awhile since Funcom is struggling right now.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By mrpandaman

Why do I get the feeling that the first 2 posts have been written by people who are being pressured by their Illuminati, Templar, or Dragon to say nice things or their characters die...?

Anyways, I've heard from others that TSW has a pretty nice community.

admordem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By admordem

@mrpandaman: Your comments have been added to your 15 TB file on our database. Positive lights enable BFF's. Negative lights bring darkness and overeating. Ciao Ciao - Illum HQ.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Jayzilla

lotro has a pretty good group of people too if you find a smaller server. some good ones on there. i am waiting to see what secret world does. it may be a nice destraction in a few months from gw2 for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.