Uuuum what's up with the wiki page?

#1 Posted by Agent47 (1901 posts) -

Like as anyone seen it?It's a mess there is like a space after every couple of words.It is really weird and there is a random ass picture in the begining for no reason, no caption, no display of mechanics.I know it's small but it's bothering me how someone could make such a sloppy page.Did they just copy and paste?I tried cleaning some of it up but the whole damn page has those weird spaces.

I know it's not really an issue but I was seeing if someone could take care of it though I highly doubt anyon cares that much.But any aid would be appreciated.

#2 Posted by Gamer_152 (14100 posts) -

I've never seen a wiki page quite like this before. I think it may be plagiarised, I'm going to talk to the mods about it. If it's not then I might just get to work trying to remove the weird spaces from it.

#3 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:
I've never seen a wiki page quite like this before. I think it may be plagiarised, I'm going to talk to the mods about it. If it's not then I might just get to work trying to remove the weird spaces from it.
I removed the spaces for you, but I have a feeling it might be plagiarized as well to be honest. The manner in which it is written does not seem to flow with the rest of the wiki. It's possible he used a text editor or something with absurd encoding and simply copy and pasted information over but after that I'd be inclined to actually fix the issues that would have presented themselves. I've never seen any wiki page in the same condition either to be honest... though I've seen a few horrors before.

@Agent47 said:
I highly doubt anyone cares that much.But any aid would be appreciated.
Far from it. Some of us really do care about the wiki despite the lack of focus placed upon it. For example, I took it upon myself to rebuild and rewrite the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas page after discovering the condition the page was in despite being for one of the games I loved most. Admittedly if it turns out to be plagiarized it's going to be up to you and anyone else who knows stuff about this game to build the page, for I know nothing about it.
#4 Posted by YI_Orange (1169 posts) -

I got rid of all those spaces but the content still seems poor, the grammar definitely is,

#5 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -
@YI_Orange said:

I got rid of all those spaces but the content still seems poor, the grammar definitely is,

You're right about that! The grammar definitely leaves a lot to be desired. If nobody else fancies reworking this page I might be up for rewriting what is present on it later on. I'll try to make the page more fluid and flow like other pages on the wiki do but due to a lack of knowledge about the game I might need to hit some articles online and get some research done before I get involved in things.
#6 Posted by Gamer_152 (14100 posts) -
@xMP44x: Thank you. I may or may not have found somewhere it was plagiarised from, it's not 100% clear whether the source is Whiskey-powered or not but I've contacted the mods about it. Plagiarism or no plagiarism though, the page could definitely do with some work, God speed.
#7 Edited by xMP44x (2193 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:

@xMP44x: Thank you. I may or may not have found somewhere it was plagiarised from, it's not 100% clear whether the source is Whiskey-powered or not but I've contacted the mods about it. Plagiarism or no plagiarism though, the page could definitely do with some work, God speed.

And we're done. Give me your opinion of it because I was working with the limited information I had to hand. Oh, and I deleted my previous post because I wasn't sure whether a notification would come if I had edited the post.
#8 Posted by Gamer_152 (14100 posts) -
@xMP44x: I like it, nice work. I did contact the mods and it seems that the page wasn't plagiarised to begin with, perhaps someone was simply scattering spaces throughout the article to vandalise or in hope of it gaining themselves wiki points.
#9 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:
@xMP44x: I like it, nice work. I did contact the mods and it seems that the page wasn't plagiarised to begin with, perhaps someone was simply scattering spaces throughout the article to vandalise or in hope of it gaining themselves wiki points.
It's sad that people would actually try to vandalize the wiki in an attempt to gain points from it. Points should be given for positive changes rather than for modifying it poorly or scattering spaces around it. Maybe more clarification is needed as to what earns points for these people?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.