Will we find out who the Shadow Broker is?

#1 Posted by Giuseppe (129 posts) -

In the first game I was looking forward to finding out but never did. Has there been any word if we would in Mass Effect 2?
#2 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -

oh man i totally forgot about that dude. im betting that they will probably do something with him.

#3 Posted by Jimbo (9936 posts) -

Err, the Keepers (?) were the Shadow Broker weren't they?

They got all the information from their work stations and used it to maintain stability on the Citadel.

#4 Posted by Plipster (132 posts) -

Very, Very fine point. 

*glees*

#5 Posted by Ninja (539 posts) -

The Shadow Broker would be best revealed in Mass Effect 3. I mean this guy controls all the big information that there is in the galaxy, he could have a much bigger part to play in the plot than we all think.

#6 Posted by addix (37 posts) -

From what I took away from the first game is that the Shadow Broker isn't just one individual but is actually an organization of people all over the galaxy who gather and collect information to sell to the highest bidder and as a whole they are known as the Shadow Broker. I could be wrong though. It's been a while since I played the game and my memory is a bit fuzzy.   

Also I haven't heard Bioware saying anything about it but I do think we will have more dealings with the Shadow Broker in the 2nd game. Either it being in the form of using it's services, finding out more about the organization or both. 

#7 Posted by natetodamax (19217 posts) -

Wait, it's a dude? I thought The Shadow Broker was some kind of organization.

#8 Posted by Sarumarine (2293 posts) -

I'm kind of torn on the issue. It kind of hurts the Shadow Broker style if you end up finding out who/what it is. But unless they do it really well and give it some justification, maybe it wouldn't bother me if you find out. Maybe if you do a ton of side quests tracking people down and checking information or going through hell would be good. Or just something that makes you earn it.

#9 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2495 posts) -

I don't think the Keepers were the Shadow Broker. The Keepers were pretty autonomous & didn't seem to possess independent thought outside of their duties to the citadel, the Shadow Broker's areas of interest spanned more than just what was relevant to the citadel or at least that's how it's established in the books; whatever entity the broker was appeared to have motives. I always suspected that the Shadow Broker wasn't one person but a collective of people all doing their jobs collecting information while unknowingly contributing to the intelligence flow. The Shadow Broker just being a name that represents a great network of espionage & intelligence all based on need. It just always seemed unlikely to me that one person was at the centre of this massive pool of secrets, though it's equally as likely that it's just all run by some rogue A.I. or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.