Is this still played online?

#1 Posted by Kohe321 (3523 posts) -

I remember hours of fun on "friend LANs" with this game. Is it still played online and worth downloading again? If it is I can see myself having some fun murdering passengers in the holidays...

#2 Edited by Diamond (8634 posts) -

The community for the game sadly died off very quickly.  I don't have it installed, but last I checked there were very few people playing it, and that was over a year ago.

The concept of the game proved too complicated for the community.  Most of the game was just people murdering people randomly, which obviously disrupts gameplay.  It was basically DOA.

#3 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

I get some people together some times and we play it online other than that i dont see people on line

#4 Posted by Revell (51 posts) -

I have it - but the community is dead. Most people just randomly kill other people. No fun.

#5 Edited by Kohe321 (3523 posts) -

Yeah this is what I remember from the last few times I played it. Most matches just turned out to be free for all frag-fests.

I remember having a ton of really good matches where everyone was playing it like it was intended to be played, though, which was damn fun. Guess I'll have to convince my friends to get it so we can play it.

#6 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2490 posts) -
#7 Posted by cjmabry (485 posts) -
@Vigorousjammer said:
" No, but people still play Trouble in Terrorist Town if you have a copy of Garry's Mod.  It's pretty similar. "
I'm gonna check that out. It looks interesting. Thanks for the link.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.