Rumor: The Simpsons Arcade might be coming to XBLA

#1 Posted by BonOrbitz (2249 posts) -

One of my arcade highlights from the early 90s may be coming to XBLA.

From XBLAfans:

A while back, Konami asked fans over Facebook what Konami classic would they like to see released on XBLA and one of our most wanted just might be it. @lifelower sent us a tip that an Australian ratings board rated The Simpsons Arcade Game with Backbone Entertainment as the Author possibly meaning they’re the developer. Could it mean that one of the best arcade beat-em up’s based on The Simpsons is finally coming to XBLA? Cross your yellow fingers that it’s true as more news develops on XBLAfans.

I hope this ends up being more than just a rumor. Along with Hit and Run this is the only other shining star in the ugly line of The Simpsons games. *shudders at the thought of Bart vs. The Space Mutants*

#2 Posted by FinalDasa (2045 posts) -

This would be awesome and probably save the occasional quarters I spend whenever I spot the machine in an arcade. Which granted is rare.

#3 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i would love to see it.  i would like to see a beat em up game. we don't  have a lot of those games anymore. you know you go one place fight the guys on screen and then move to the next screen, then at the end of the level there is a boss.

#4 Posted by Hosstile17 (768 posts) -

@iam3green: Dudes punching women in the stomach and then carrying them away.... Where does it end?

#5 Posted by Willin (1285 posts) -
#6 Posted by august (3864 posts) -

MAKE IT HAPPEN

#7 Posted by Kratch (367 posts) -

A buddy of mine found an original Simpsons arcade machine for only a few hundred dollars! It's pretty sweet.

#8 Posted by BonOrbitz (2249 posts) -

@iam3green said:

i would love to see it. i would like to see a beat em up game. we don't have a lot of those games anymore. you know you go one place fight the guys on screen and then move to the next screen, then at the end of the level there is a boss.

Sure, there's been a gazillion side-scrolling fighting games but The Simpsons (along with XMen and TMNT) is an arcade game I always wanted to have in my collection in some way. They may all play the same but the characters, art style, and the atmosphere are what appeal to me the most about these titles nowadays.

#9 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Sounds good to me

#10 Posted by BonOrbitz (2249 posts) -

@Willin said:

Hey, Simpsons Road Rage and The Simpsons Game were pretty good too.

Yes! You're right. Good catch. I guess I was thinking about the Simpsons titles in my collection.

#11 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

Played it over the summer at some random spot with arcades. Still a fun game to play!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.