The Simpsons Arcade is all but confirmed for XBLA

#1 Posted by Lockeyness (187 posts) -

After receiving AU Classification way back in November, the achievements were leaked today on X360A.org.

All we're waiting for is an announcement from Konami and some form of release date (along with hopefully a NA and EU confirmation). What do you guys think? While I'm looking forward to it, all the other Konami beat-em-ups (X-Men, TMNT 1989, etc) that I've downloaded have seen a couple hours of play and then never touched again. Some of the achievements seem pretty challenging and hint that it will include a Japanese version of the ROM as well.

#2 Posted by TheHBK (5458 posts) -

I forgot I had the TMNT 1989 arcade game on XBLA. Now if they could do Turtles in Time properly and this, I would travel back in time to my childhood days at Chuck E Cheese.

#3 Posted by JeanLuc (3565 posts) -

I remember playing that. I have no idea if it will still hold up, but could be neat.

#4 Posted by MonkMe (7 posts) -

@TheHBK said:

I forgot I had the TMNT 1989 arcade game on XBLA. Now if they could do Turtles in Time properly and this, I would travel back in time to my childhood days at Chuck E Cheese.

Hell yeah.

#5 Posted by Nux (2294 posts) -

I really liked this game when I was growing up. Every time my friends and I went to an arcade we would sped hours playing it. Never beat it though.

#6 Posted by JCTango (1358 posts) -

@TheHBK said:

Chuck E Cheese... :) ... fun times were had back in the day...

I used to play the TMNT, Simpsons, and X-Men arcade machines everytime I was there :D.

#7 Posted by mosespippy (3983 posts) -

I remember playing it at the airport when I was 7 or 8. I had gotten past the first boss without getting hit even once when the power went out and the machine ate my quarter and I was pissed. Then the sliding glass door next to me got blown off it's track and nearly fell onto me. That machine took so many quarters from me over the years but I eventually beat it.

#8 Posted by George_Hukas (1317 posts) -

Hopefully they find a way to jack up the difficulty, give me some sliders to play with or something. With 4 players its fun, but its definitely a turkey shoot.

#9 Posted by Lockeyness (187 posts) -

@TheHBK said:

I would love a proper Turtles in Time. That Re-Shelled thing was pretty terrible. After The Simpsons, though, are there any classic Konami beat-em-ups left? We've got TMNT and X-Men, both (nearly) perfect arcade ports. Is there anything else out there that needs to be released for XBLA/PSN? Or does anyone even care about that stuff anymore?

I'd love to play the arcade version of Bucky O'Hare again, but again I'd only play it for a couple hours and say "Hah! Space rabbits," and then forget about it all over again.

#10 Posted by Deathawk (280 posts) -

I really have no interest in playing these type of games. They're shallow, repetitive and at home you can literally die as many times as you'd like and still beat the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.