Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Sims 3

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

Electronic Arts follows up to the hugely successful Sims 2 with an improved character creation system, an open neighborhood, and a greater focus on character development.

Does anyone still play this?

CaptainTryHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CaptainTryHard

I'm specifically talking to anyone who bought this at launch like myself. I played for about a month, and then I just got bored of it. If anyone still is, what's keeping you interested?

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By MachoFantastico

Nope, I to bought it at launched and played it for 2 weeks and then stopped. So disappointing, loved playing The Sims 2 (still do) and loved that game.  Hated The Sims 3 though, such a big disappointment for fans in my opinion. From what I can tell a lot of folks still prefer to play The Sims 2 which I don't blame them.  

Maxis are in a real weird place right now, without Will Wright they look lost. Sort of depressing :(

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

You're asking if anyone has been consistently playing since launch? That would be kinda madness. I played it for maybe a bit more than a month and also got bored of it. That's just how Sims games work though. They're like Legos: You play with them, get bored, come back a few months later and play some more, get bored, etc.

This thread is making me want to go back and play more.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Mmmslash

My biggest issue with the Sims 3 is that they took a lot of the stuff added by the Sims 2 expansion packs, and just chalked them up as expansion packs for Sims 3. I liked having different cycles in my Sim's life, where I'd take him through college and stuff, it was neat. Now I have to wait to pay more money to do that, and instead of getting that first, I get the Sims 3: Hot Date Redux + Vampires.

I feel abused =(

brodywb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By brodywb

I just bought this last week because it was on sale. I have only played it once so far. I don't really get it. I know a lot of people like these games, but it just feels like I am doing it wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-63efc336e9a4d
    deactivated-63efc336e9a4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Eh.....kinda like...

There's no huge goals in the game.

You just create a someone..get married..get a job...have kids..and so on. I want the relationship system to be wayyyy more in depth! Like seriously in depth

akeripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By akeripper

in one way yes... i still play it for 8 hours here and there.....

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By mikemcn

Someone will be playing a Sims game every second of the day for the next 6000 years. When the robots take over? Someone will still be playing the Sims. When the Spiders begin their inevitable enslavement of the Human race? Somebody will still be playing the sims.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.