Issues.

#1 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7788 posts) -

First of all I can't play the game due to the fact my Sims mood meter isn't working properly, no matter what moodlets or needs it has he is always happy.

I am using Steam and I can't update in the client since there is no ''update'' button anywhere, I also can't install the patch manually since it tells me the sims 3 isn't installed when it is.

Please help, thanks.

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8057 posts) -

Steam automatically keeps your games up to date. There's no need to apply manual patches.

Right click on Sims 3 in Steam > click Local Files tab > click Verify integrity of Game Cache. This will fix anything that went wrong with pretty much any Steam game installation.

If that doesn't fix it, try deleting your Sims 3 folder from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common then reinstalling it from Steam.

Failing all that, try the OFFICIAL STEAM FORUMSlike I said in your previous thread.

Also: There's no reason to reinstall Steam completely. Please disregard this advice if it's offered.

#3 Posted by ABritishNerd (331 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

Steam automatically keeps your games up to date. There's no need to apply manual patches.

Right click on Sims 3 in Steam > click Local Files tab > click Verify integrity of Game Cache. This will fix anything that went wrong with pretty much any Steam game installation.

If that doesn't fix it, try deleting your Sims 3 folder from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common then reinstalling it from Steam.

Failing all that, try the OFFICIAL STEAM FORUMSlike I said in your previous thread.

Also: There's no reason to reinstall Steam completely. Please disregard this advice if it's offered.

He's covered all the bases here. No need for me to add anything.

#4 Posted by eroticfishcake (7856 posts) -

If you don't find a fix for it then don't be too surprised. Sims 3 is notoriously buggy in a lot of spots. Still, some scrounging about on the Steam/Sims forums is worth a shot.

#5 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7788 posts) -

@ABritishNerd said:

@Ravenlight said:

He's covered all the bases here. No need for me to add anything.

The problem is that while Steam updated the game automatically I wasn't sure if it updated the game since the client also requires updates from me and there was no update button to be found.

Tried re installing it and it didn't work, followed by installing them on Origin and again nothing is resolved.

#6 Edited by rjayb89 (7806 posts) -

Which expansion packs and stuff packs, if any, do you have installed? Maybe you've purchased all the expansions/stuff packs and wouldn't be able to pinpoint when it started, but as someone who has all expansions, minus the latest Pets one, and only have the first stuff pack, I have no issues with this super happy sim bug you have encountered. Also, I've put in about 100 hours into the Steam version of this game, most hours were spent with the add-ons I listed that I have. Anyway, like you might have guessed, it could be a specific expansion/stuff pack issue and maybe you should uninstall that one? If it's just the main game you have, then I don't know, dude.

#7 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7788 posts) -

@rjayb89 said:

Which expansion packs and stuff packs, if any, do you have installed? Maybe you've purchased all the expansions/stuff packs and wouldn't be able to pinpoint when it started, but as someone who has all expansions, minus the latest Pets one, and only have the first stuff pack, I have no issues with this super happy sim bug you have encountered. Also, I've put in about 100 hours into the Steam version of this game, most hours were spent with the add-ons I listed that I have. Anyway, like you might have guessed, it could be a specific expansion/stuff pack issue and maybe you should uninstall that one? If it's just the main game you have, then I don't know, dude.

Expansions - all of them besides pets

Stuff packs - High end, Fast lane and outdoor packs.

I thought it had something to do with Steam since EA don't support Steam anymore so I uninstalled the Steam version and put them on Origin (So now I have it available on both) but it didn't fix anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.