Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Sims 3

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

Electronic Arts follows up to the hugely successful Sims 2 with an improved character creation system, an open neighborhood, and a greater focus on character development.

Sims 3 75% off! Which DLC to get?

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By audioBusting

Sims 3 is having a Steam sale! I want to get it on my Steam library but does anyone have recommendations for DLC? There are so many!

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By FrankCanada97

If you want to actually expand gameplay, get any of the expansion packs. Avoid the "stuff packs", they just add random furniture and clothing you could just get at mod sites. I would recommend "World Adventures" as one essential expansion pack, but any of the others are fine.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By audioBusting

@FrankCanada97: Can you explain why? I remember playing it a long time ago and I thought it was kind of a weird distraction instead of something that adds to the sims stuff.

MysteriousFawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MysteriousFawx

Pets and Seasons add the most vanilla and expansive content. Generations is easy to skip over. Showtime, World Adventures, Ambitions and Late Night all add some nice extras and depending on your taste, Supernatural is either really nice, or practically gamebreaking as everyone in your neighborhood will end up with wings, wands or fur. Like @FrankCanada97 said, the stuff packs can be ignored.

Out of all of them, I'd say pets is the best expansion.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By FrankCanada97

@audioBusting: Why I recommended World Adventures? I guess it was provided a compelling variation to the traditional "Sims" gameplay experience. Like I said, any of the other expansion packs are just as good. Why I say stay away from stuff packs? I don't feel it gives enough bang for buck in what it's offering. The Sims has a pretty big modding community so you could get some new furniture or clothing items from those sites.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Sweet, I can buy more Sims for my wife- wait a minute, I already bought her every single one so far. DAMN YOU EA!!! 

If there is just one you should buy, definitely get Pets. It livens things up a lot just by adding animals. Something always felt missing to me when a new generation of Sims games would come out and Pets weren't included yet

Evikull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Evikull

Late Night is basically Superstar and Hot Date from Sims 1, so that's a neat addition.

But, in general, avoid the Stuff nonsense.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Ruiner

Supernatural and World Adventures

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By audioBusting

Thanks everyone, I think I'm just going to get Pets for now and get other ones later.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.