Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Sims 3

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

Electronic Arts follows up to the hugely successful Sims 2 with an improved character creation system, an open neighborhood, and a greater focus on character development.

Vanderbosh!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

Edited By Hizang

No this is not some odd anime or some book that was written in 1876, the Vanderbosh's was my first family I created in The Sims 3. I really could not tell you how long I have spent on The Sims 3, I got it the same day I got my Mac and have been playing it pretty much non stop since then. Most of today has been spent on The Sims 3, although at one point I did leave the house. Yes I decided I felt dirty after yesterday and would not do the same thing again, so I went out for breakfast at MacDonalds and bought all The Sims 3 Expansions...

So now I have The Sims 3 World Adventures, The Sims 3 Ambitions, The Sims 3 Late Night and The Sims 3 Generations. I also have all of the "Stuff" expansions which are just loaded with select items. I have The Sims 3 Design and High-Tech Stuff, The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff and The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff. All in all that is a whole bunch of content. Added on top of that I spent some Sim Points on the Sims 3 Store, it's full of more things to add to The Sims 3. I works on a points system similar to The Xbox Live Marketplace, it is £7 for 1000 Points and you can even go as far as getting 16,000 Points by spending £112, which is an insane amount to spend on the things that you get. To give some more detail buying a new hair style is like 100 Points and a town is like 2000 points, I know that some day i will have everything on here and regret it all when The Sims 4 gets announced. The Store's got some cool happenings going on, like they have daily deals where an item is on sale between a day and a few hours depending on what it is and how big the price cut is. I haven't bought much from it,. but just for signing up you get 1000, so I got a few objects but nothing big.

Enough about all of the accessories though, how is the game doing. The Sims 3 is a fantastic game, now bear in mind I never played The Sims 2. I got the Sims 2 when it came out, but my PC was to old and did not run it. And I had the original Sims with all expansions so I decided to stick with that. So I've pretty much gone from that game, so a huge step up. The ageing thing was a bit of a turn off for me to begin with, because I get attached to my Sims, so it's pretty heartbreaking building up there lives and going through so much with them, to in the end watch them die. But I adjusted the setting so it will take a while longer, and I discovered that having a baby was a lot easier, so sure I would still get attached, but I would just keep the cycle going and it would be one big family tree.

I really do enjoy the trait system, it gives Sims more personality than just filling in a neat meter, it also makes it easier to make different Sims each time. My first Sim was called Victor Vanderbosh, an Evil Genius who was a snob, slightly insane and hopeless romantic. It makes for some funny situations. I felt that this game had a bunch of new stuff to do as well, I don't know what is expansion and whats not but I always had something to do. I became a ghost hunter at one point in my life and went around with my not Proton Gun zapping ghosts. Then at one point I was a fireman who stole from peoples houses as the fire was going on, I stole somebody's sports car at one point. You can visit any community locations at any point without having to wait for loading, it's all one seamless town and thats just so cool.

Victor went to China later on and went treasure hunting in some old ruins, later in that same day he discovered that he had feelings for a fellow explorer called Bob. They fell deeply in love, they even had Sex in the Shower. That is no joke either, it is a thing you can do in this game! Bob later died though in a house fire, but his memory lived on through vanderbosh. He then declared his neighbour a nemesis after his neighbour was caught breaking Vanderbosh's garden gnome, they fought up until the very end. As you can tell Vanderbosh passed away a good few hours ago, we had some good times creating evil potions and stealing candy from helpless babies. He was only a test of course, now I have a handle on the games mechanics proper I'm going to re-install everything (I installed everything in wrong order so has some technical issues.) and create a bigger and better family.

So yea The Sims 3 is kinda great, it's pretty cool also cause the next stuff package comes out later this week which adds town lot objects to the game so thats pretty cool. I also bought The Sims Medieval to, I don't know when I'm going to get to that, but man, I feel like this is Runescape all over again!.

VANDERBOSH!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

No this is not some odd anime or some book that was written in 1876, the Vanderbosh's was my first family I created in The Sims 3. I really could not tell you how long I have spent on The Sims 3, I got it the same day I got my Mac and have been playing it pretty much non stop since then. Most of today has been spent on The Sims 3, although at one point I did leave the house. Yes I decided I felt dirty after yesterday and would not do the same thing again, so I went out for breakfast at MacDonalds and bought all The Sims 3 Expansions...

So now I have The Sims 3 World Adventures, The Sims 3 Ambitions, The Sims 3 Late Night and The Sims 3 Generations. I also have all of the "Stuff" expansions which are just loaded with select items. I have The Sims 3 Design and High-Tech Stuff, The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff and The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff. All in all that is a whole bunch of content. Added on top of that I spent some Sim Points on the Sims 3 Store, it's full of more things to add to The Sims 3. I works on a points system similar to The Xbox Live Marketplace, it is £7 for 1000 Points and you can even go as far as getting 16,000 Points by spending £112, which is an insane amount to spend on the things that you get. To give some more detail buying a new hair style is like 100 Points and a town is like 2000 points, I know that some day i will have everything on here and regret it all when The Sims 4 gets announced. The Store's got some cool happenings going on, like they have daily deals where an item is on sale between a day and a few hours depending on what it is and how big the price cut is. I haven't bought much from it,. but just for signing up you get 1000, so I got a few objects but nothing big.

Enough about all of the accessories though, how is the game doing. The Sims 3 is a fantastic game, now bear in mind I never played The Sims 2. I got the Sims 2 when it came out, but my PC was to old and did not run it. And I had the original Sims with all expansions so I decided to stick with that. So I've pretty much gone from that game, so a huge step up. The ageing thing was a bit of a turn off for me to begin with, because I get attached to my Sims, so it's pretty heartbreaking building up there lives and going through so much with them, to in the end watch them die. But I adjusted the setting so it will take a while longer, and I discovered that having a baby was a lot easier, so sure I would still get attached, but I would just keep the cycle going and it would be one big family tree.

I really do enjoy the trait system, it gives Sims more personality than just filling in a neat meter, it also makes it easier to make different Sims each time. My first Sim was called Victor Vanderbosh, an Evil Genius who was a snob, slightly insane and hopeless romantic. It makes for some funny situations. I felt that this game had a bunch of new stuff to do as well, I don't know what is expansion and whats not but I always had something to do. I became a ghost hunter at one point in my life and went around with my not Proton Gun zapping ghosts. Then at one point I was a fireman who stole from peoples houses as the fire was going on, I stole somebody's sports car at one point. You can visit any community locations at any point without having to wait for loading, it's all one seamless town and thats just so cool.

Victor went to China later on and went treasure hunting in some old ruins, later in that same day he discovered that he had feelings for a fellow explorer called Bob. They fell deeply in love, they even had Sex in the Shower. That is no joke either, it is a thing you can do in this game! Bob later died though in a house fire, but his memory lived on through vanderbosh. He then declared his neighbour a nemesis after his neighbour was caught breaking Vanderbosh's garden gnome, they fought up until the very end. As you can tell Vanderbosh passed away a good few hours ago, we had some good times creating evil potions and stealing candy from helpless babies. He was only a test of course, now I have a handle on the games mechanics proper I'm going to re-install everything (I installed everything in wrong order so has some technical issues.) and create a bigger and better family.

So yea The Sims 3 is kinda great, it's pretty cool also cause the next stuff package comes out later this week which adds town lot objects to the game so thats pretty cool. I also bought The Sims Medieval to, I don't know when I'm going to get to that, but man, I feel like this is Runescape all over again!.

VANDERBOSH!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.