What is your favourite expansion for the original (Best) Sims game?

#1 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

#2 Edited by Hizang (8532 posts) -

The original Sims is one of the best games of all time, itrs large success brought about many expansion packs each one of them were fantastic. But which one did you enjoy most?

For me, The Sims Hot Date is easily the best expansion, before this you couldn't leave the house, now you could go fucking downtown! There was a whole load of new clothes options that you could buy, you could buy diamond rings and easily get a Sim to marry you, you could even go and create your own establishments! It completely expanded the social system and added so many different Sims that you could meet. Oh and the new music was just dope.

#3 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1328 posts) -

Making Magic had some cool as shit, going with that.

#4 Posted by Nightriff (4993 posts) -

Not qualified to vote, never played a Sims game before, or at least one of the expansions

#5 Edited by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@SirPsychoSexy said:

Makin' Magic had some cool as shit, going with that.

Fixed!

Also I agree Makin' Magic had some cool shit, but it really is the odd sheep in the expansion lineup because every other expansion had a sense of realism, this just goes out the fucking window and is like "Yeah you can just go and buy a skeleton maid in the shop if you feel like it".

@Nightriff said:

Not qualified to vote, never played a Sims game before, or at least one of the expansions

The Sims is one of the best games of all time, it's up there! The Sims 2 and The Sims 2 are both cool, but the original is the best hands down.

#6 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

Livin' Large because that's the only one I played.

#7 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@Soapy86 said:

Livin' Large because that's the only one I played.

Livin' Large was underwhelming considering the ones to come, but it added a bunch of weird and wonderful objects. Servo the expensive robot and the Genie which is one of the best objects in the game. Its been a while but i think you would rub it once a day, it would either do something good or do something bad.

#8 Posted by Sackmanjones (4688 posts) -

I too really loved hot date. It brought some really cool and interesting mechanics to the sims. Second would be vacation because... Well your on vacation

#9 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -
@Sackmanjones vacation is my least favourite, I loved the music but apart from that lackluster objects and the whole vacation aspect was dull.
#10 Posted by AndrewB (7588 posts) -

I dunno... vacation or dating... I'd have to go with Hot Date. Downtown area *and* getting it on? How can it get any better?

I bought Vacation after that and that kind of ended my time with The Sims.

#11 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (732 posts) -

I disagree about the first one being the best. For me, 2 is the best, because I can very easily go back to 2 and have a blast with its systems.

The Sims 1 is rightly heralded as one of the best games of all-time, but the addition of goals and incentives to keep playing that were introduced in 2 mean that I can never go back to the first.

To answer your poll, I would probably have to agree on Hot Date being the best.

#12 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

The term game is pushing it when talking about the Sims

#13 Posted by Chop (1996 posts) -

No Pets?

Pets had the most significant changes and additions... so uhhh, that one.

#14 Posted by Daiphyer (1334 posts) -

Am I crazy, or was it The Sims: Livin' Large? Or was that a regional naming thing?

#15 Posted by AndrewB (7588 posts) -

@Daiphyer: That's the only name I know it by. Got this disc right here.

#16 Posted by Daiphyer (1334 posts) -

@AndrewB said:

I guess it was named Livin' It Up in Europe. Weird.

#17 Posted by AndrewB (7588 posts) -

@Daiphyer said:

@AndrewB said:

I guess it was named Livin' It Up in Europe. Weird.

Actually, it kind of makes more sense. I'd associate Livin' It Up with parties more. Although I hate when games have different titles in different territories. Pullblox, Red Seeds Profile... those were fine names.

#18 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -
@Chop

No Pets?

Pets had the most significant changes and additions... so uhhh, that one.

Unleashed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.