These games any good?

#1 Posted by Bobstar (311 posts) -

If you haven't seen it, The Sly Collection is on sale right now on PSN (at least in Europe), and I'm thinking about buying it. Anyone here played it already and can give some feedback?

#2 Edited by TentPole (1858 posts) -

I think 1 and 3 are fantastic and 2 is boring as hell.

Disclaimer: My opinion is not popular opinion.

#3 Edited by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

Well, its a critically acclaimed series.

For me personally; they are great third person action platformers. Stealth is a large component but its done fantastically well and is really simple to get the hang off. There is a good bit of variation and the latter two have slightly more of a non-linear design (open world type stuff).

You can see some of the Sly heritage in the Infamous series, so keep that in mind too.

#4 Posted by D0tti (786 posts) -
@TentPole said:

This, 2 got tedious way too fast.
#5 Posted by TobbRobb (4603 posts) -

Only played the third one and though it was fun. I enjoyed screwing around the open areas a lot.

Don't go in expecting challenge though, It's just a fun platformer. Some of the characters and stories are very likable, so I guess that's something as well. It has a unique style to it.

#6 Posted by 49th (2732 posts) -

They are enjoyable platformers, if a little bit too easy, which tend to get slightly repetitive.

#7 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I'm a huge fan of all the Sly games.

#8 Posted by Bobstar (311 posts) -

@IkariNoTekken said:

You can see some of the Sly heritage in the Infamous series, so keep that in mind too.

I absolutely love the inFamous games, I think I'm gonna pick it up then.

#9 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -

I fucking love these games.

#10 Posted by GODWASP (41 posts) -

They are great games and the for the price as of right now it would be a sin not to get them. Sly is a platformer with stealth elements and is filled with lots of fun and charm throughout, It does get repeptitive sometimes but nothing that should put you off. Another thing all 3 of those games have very easy platinum trophies (you can get them in a single playthrough) so if your into trophies its completely worth your time.

#11 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

@TentPole said:

This is the internet, there are no opinions only facts.

#12 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

All are amazing games. (I agree with some that 2 gets tedious but I still loved it) I also bought these games for a 2nd go around and just as good still!

#13 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton said:

@TentPole said:

This is the internet, there are no opinions only facts.

My facts is not popular facts?

For my money, the third game is baller. I haven't played the others. But I own them!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.