Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Temple of Elemental Evil: A Classic Greyhawk Adventure

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Sep 16, 2003

The Temple of Elemental Evil is a PC re-creation of an original Dungeons and Dragons adventure module set in the Greyhawk universe. It uses an updated version of Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e rules.

Let's Play Temple of Elemental Evil: Part 3: I'm Horrified.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Edited By Video_Game_King

No Caption Provided

( And welcome back to this petty contest between me and Mento.) When last I left off, my group finally remembered what they came to Hommlet for: mayor speakings. That led to some Moathouse quest, which led to....actually, it's been a while since I've checked up on them. Let's see what they're up t-

No Caption Provided

Oh....oh god. What the hell happened when I was gone!? Why do Banthor and Neutralio lie dead in the field? How did they all take so much damage? And where the hell is Falior? Actually, I happen to know the answer to that last one:

OK, that was just fucking horrifying. I'm gonna rewind things and pretend that this terrible experience never happened. So the heroes have just left the mayor's house, and now I'm sending Issril off to church. I don't think I have to say why. Like last time, the entire group follows suit, but I'm actually kinda glad that they do; I don't want Issril straight-up murdering everybody in that church. Yet upon entering the church, they find corrupt Scots. This can't end well, especially since they're asking the group to rob some guy. For God, you see. Issril, feeling pity for the non-sheep man, wishes to pay his dues, instead. I tell her to piss off and remind her why I didn't post anything about that Marik quest last time. So off to another quest, hopefully one that won't empty their pockets. Uh-huh...uh-huh....OK....yea, this one should do. There's this mage whose Amazon orders haven't been arriving. Obviously, he wants to find out why. Issril finds the nearest worker and blames the hell out of him. It isn't even a mailman; she just looks out the window and says "Arrest that guy." I never should have given her that Diplomacy skill, but that's not the point. The point is that they got 50 gold! Yay! Now there's money to do quests! In fact, I'll just list off each quest that opens up with more money:

• Banthor wasn't actually there during that whole quest; she was out robbing that earlier guy blind. It just so happens that this lets me complete the quest.
    • Sexyface himself then breaks the space-time continuum by going into the later part of this blog, stealing a frog's ring, and returning it to that 'Nam vet from before. All he gets is a cloak. I can already hear some of you groaning at that. Maybe.
    • OK, this one is lengthy. Sexyface breaks into every house in the land and hits on the ladies within. The group finds out that some farmers are disagreeing and that love is the solution. But to get this done, the wife-to-be needs a new farm as an offer, and the town's only carpenter will only build it if the group can get Marik Ishtar to convert to another religion. (I guess D&D and card games don't mix.) But to do this, the Scots from before make the group play religious accountant. They heal some random guy (with the spell that Neutralio swiped from the Scots (why is Neutralio stealing more shit than Banthor, the thief whose only job it is is to steal shit?)) so they can convert his brother so they can convert the other guy so they can get the barn built to hook up the couple (but only after the asshole mourns, because this quest wasn't long enough already) and free another barn for a completed quest! *passes out from quickly explaining all that*
      And this, good sirs, is Sexwald Bushyface.
    *wakes up* *sigh* Alright, enough of this pedestrian shit. You guys want to see me in combat, don't you? Well, now's the time! Now's the time that I dash straight into Moathouse! (In text form, for obvious reasons.) After a quick detour killing...red bat things (I don't remember it too well)...the party finally arrives at Moathouse. Their first enemies? Giant frogs! Falior fears for his life, so he tries to use a trip attack on the frogs. However, he only manages to trip himself, mainly because he sucks so hard that I'm surprised he doesn't have a job as a BJ servant. However, by taking them on one-on-one, surrounding them from all sides, and whacking them until I suck less at combat, the frogs decide that death is a more interesting venture than waiting for me to know how to play the game well. (Just be glad that this isn't a video LP.) Tired, the party decides to head to an inn. The innkeeper offers them all a permanent room for free...if they can spot a cheater in the bar.

Buuut, nobody is skilled enough to handle this simple quest, so after a small payment of 2 gold, back to Moathouse it is! First up is a spider who gives the party a serious challenge. However, they conquer it, and as a reward, they get....I don't remember. In addition to what I forgot, they also get a free place to rest! Suck it, abandoned quest! This also means they can kill and loot brigands for all they're worth, hopefully getting better armor in the process. (Anything's better than letting the characters dress themselves. They're like five year olds, only they know how to kill people.) Everybody also levels up, and I am very goddamn careful in deciding how to go about this. That obviously means I've only made things harder for myself. That out of the way, everybody enters the Moathouse, and Sexyface immediately contracts about 7 STDs. I think he read my Fable III blog and got jealous about his pseudo-fan-fiction-female-self. Oh, and they fight enemies, including:

• Rats the size of German shepherds. No, not that. There we go.
    • A giant tick. Surprisingly, just using "walk" isn't enough to kill the fucker.
    • A HUGE ASS SNAKE! FUCK!
    • More of those bat things. I guess this is when the game starts feeling sorry for me.
    • A komodo dragon. Not as bad as the dogs that I never fought.
    • In the basement: zombies, slimes, and fashion.
    • An ogre. Wait, that totally didn't happen.
    • Finally, those bandits. Obviously, they were the hardest, but after some careful strategy (sling oil on them, pick them off from the edge, rest a bit), they are finally dealt with.
    And that's all there is to Moathouse, at least for now. The group did find some other shit down there, but remember that the only reason they came was because the mayor ordered them to. Don't want to delay this any further, now, do we? So, our intrepid heroes exit the castle proper, rest up in their favorite spot, and...

No Caption Provided

Well, this is certainly interesting. Tune i...wait, this isn't a fucking TV show...but it should be. Anyway, next time, I will develop on my meeting with...shit, I haven't even come up with a name for these guys. How about "Clearly Out of Their Elemental Evil"? Yea, that works. Next time: interactions between Clearly Out of Their Elemental Evil and whatever the crapping hell Mento's calling his team.
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Video_Game_King

No Caption Provided

( And welcome back to this petty contest between me and Mento.) When last I left off, my group finally remembered what they came to Hommlet for: mayor speakings. That led to some Moathouse quest, which led to....actually, it's been a while since I've checked up on them. Let's see what they're up t-

No Caption Provided

Oh....oh god. What the hell happened when I was gone!? Why do Banthor and Neutralio lie dead in the field? How did they all take so much damage? And where the hell is Falior? Actually, I happen to know the answer to that last one:

OK, that was just fucking horrifying. I'm gonna rewind things and pretend that this terrible experience never happened. So the heroes have just left the mayor's house, and now I'm sending Issril off to church. I don't think I have to say why. Like last time, the entire group follows suit, but I'm actually kinda glad that they do; I don't want Issril straight-up murdering everybody in that church. Yet upon entering the church, they find corrupt Scots. This can't end well, especially since they're asking the group to rob some guy. For God, you see. Issril, feeling pity for the non-sheep man, wishes to pay his dues, instead. I tell her to piss off and remind her why I didn't post anything about that Marik quest last time. So off to another quest, hopefully one that won't empty their pockets. Uh-huh...uh-huh....OK....yea, this one should do. There's this mage whose Amazon orders haven't been arriving. Obviously, he wants to find out why. Issril finds the nearest worker and blames the hell out of him. It isn't even a mailman; she just looks out the window and says "Arrest that guy." I never should have given her that Diplomacy skill, but that's not the point. The point is that they got 50 gold! Yay! Now there's money to do quests! In fact, I'll just list off each quest that opens up with more money:

• Banthor wasn't actually there during that whole quest; she was out robbing that earlier guy blind. It just so happens that this lets me complete the quest.
    • Sexyface himself then breaks the space-time continuum by going into the later part of this blog, stealing a frog's ring, and returning it to that 'Nam vet from before. All he gets is a cloak. I can already hear some of you groaning at that. Maybe.
    • OK, this one is lengthy. Sexyface breaks into every house in the land and hits on the ladies within. The group finds out that some farmers are disagreeing and that love is the solution. But to get this done, the wife-to-be needs a new farm as an offer, and the town's only carpenter will only build it if the group can get Marik Ishtar to convert to another religion. (I guess D&D and card games don't mix.) But to do this, the Scots from before make the group play religious accountant. They heal some random guy (with the spell that Neutralio swiped from the Scots (why is Neutralio stealing more shit than Banthor, the thief whose only job it is is to steal shit?)) so they can convert his brother so they can convert the other guy so they can get the barn built to hook up the couple (but only after the asshole mourns, because this quest wasn't long enough already) and free another barn for a completed quest! *passes out from quickly explaining all that*
    *wakes up* *sigh* Alright, enough of this pedestrian shit. You guys want to see me in combat, don't you? Well, now's the time! Now's the time that I dash straight into Moathouse! (In text form, for obvious reasons.) After a quick detour killing...red bat things (I don't remember it too well)...the party finally arrives at Moathouse. Their first enemies? Giant frogs! Falior fears for his life, so he tries to use a trip attack on the frogs. However, he only manages to trip himself, mainly because he sucks so hard that I'm surprised he doesn't have a job as a BJ servant. However, by taking them on one-on-one, surrounding them from all sides, and whacking them until I suck less at combat, the frogs decide that death is a more interesting venture than waiting for me to know how to play the game well. (Just be glad that this isn't a video LP.) Tired, the party decides to head to an inn. The innkeeper offers them all a permanent room for free...if they can spot a cheater in the bar.

Buuut, nobody is skilled enough to handle this simple quest, so after a small payment of 2 gold, back to Moathouse it is! First up is a spider who gives the party a serious challenge. However, they conquer it, and as a reward, they get....I don't remember. In addition to what I forgot, they also get a free place to rest! Suck it, abandoned quest! This also means they can kill and loot brigands for all they're worth, hopefully getting better armor in the process. (Anything's better than letting the characters dress themselves. They're like five year olds, only they know how to kill people.) Everybody also levels up, and I am very goddamn careful in deciding how to go about this. That obviously means I've only made things harder for myself. That out of the way, everybody enters the Moathouse, and Sexyface immediately contracts about 7 STDs. I think he read my Fable III blog and got jealous about his pseudo-fan-fiction-female-self. Oh, and they fight enemies, including:

• Rats the size of German shepherds. No, not that. There we go.
    • A giant tick. Surprisingly, just using "walk" isn't enough to kill the fucker.
    • A HUGE ASS SNAKE! FUCK!
    • More of those bat things. I guess this is when the game starts feeling sorry for me.
    • A komodo dragon. Not as bad as the dogs that I never fought.
    • In the basement: zombies, slimes, and fashion.
    • An ogre. Wait, that totally didn't happen.
    • Finally, those bandits. Obviously, they were the hardest, but after some careful strategy (sling oil on them, pick them off from the edge, rest a bit), they are finally dealt with.
    And that's all there is to Moathouse, at least for now. The group did find some other shit down there, but remember that the only reason they came was because the mayor ordered them to. Don't want to delay this any further, now, do we? So, our intrepid heroes exit the castle proper, rest up in their favorite spot, and...

No Caption Provided

Well, this is certainly interesting. Tune i...wait, this isn't a fucking TV show...but it should be. Anyway, next time, I will develop on my meeting with...shit, I haven't even come up with a name for these guys. How about "Clearly Out of Their Elemental Evil"? Yea, that works. Next time: interactions between Clearly Out of Their Elemental Evil and whatever the crapping hell Mento's calling his team.
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Hizang

"Insert witty comment here"

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King
    @Hizang said:

"Insert witty comment here"

[INSERT WITTY RESPONSE HERE] (Also, you fucked it up. No quotations, and all caps.)
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Hizang
    @Video_Game_King I enjoyed this blog, thank you.
    Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#5  Edited By Mento  Moderator

Looks like I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque?

You're surviving, which is good. You need to find the Extraplanar Chest miniature if you haven't already, it's on one of the zombies/ghouls I think. Should stop all your guys from entering combat encumbered at least. It's like that game's Bag of Holding, only more awkward because it interferes with the coding a lot and I have a tendency of leaving it behind in places.

Now I'm off to ponder how to retaliate this audaciousness with my next blog.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King
    @Mento

I actually got it a long time ago (remember that I'm far ahead of this update), and I still have no idea what it does. Neutralio's just holding onto it because Sexyface has more important things to lug around.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#7  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Well, it seems you've managed to succeed at clearing the moathouse, even with your statistically gimped party. Considering the inverse, my situation with overpowered fan content XP and magic items, you'll at least have the satisfaction that you worked for your victory. And yeah, casting any sort of movement hindrance spell (Grease, Entangle, Web) and then just pelting the enemy with ranged weapons or moving in some melee fighters with rings of free movement on them is a viable strategy throughout the entire game.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King
    @ArbitraryWater said:

And yeah, casting any sort of movement hindrance spell (Grease, Entangle, Web) and then just pelting the enemy with ranged weapons or moving in some melee fighters with rings of free movement on them is a viable strategy throughout the entire game.

That explains why I've been using it so damn much.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.