Play this game!

#1 Posted by snide (2394 posts) -

Not much to say in this post. Just noticed the ToEE forum had nothing going on and wanted to give a shout to other CPRGers that may have missed it. This is a brilliant game with awesome combat.

#2 Posted by Hamz (6845 posts) -

Man just another page on GiantBomb for a game I've played and forgotten about. God damn I love how this site can bring a rush of nostalgia at the click of a button. It is a great game and I have to agree if you're into old school RPG's its one to go look into. A bit old now so it should be cheap to pick up!

#3 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

Oh man I always wanted to play play this game but never got around to it. I should try getting it because I would love to play it still.

#4 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

If Snide recommends the game then it must be good, but I already have so many other games I still have to play...

#5 Posted by Kohe321 (3522 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up. It looks interesting!

#6 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Best D&D combat in a video game ever. That said, I hate D&D rules. And the game is more dungeon crawler than RPG.

#7 Posted by AEKtzis (106 posts) -

Anyone know where I can get a working Demo of this game? Everywhere I have tried doesnt seem to work. I install the game and it brings up a window that says buy now or play demo. I click play demo and I get nothing....

#8 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

DUDE! BIG ENOUGH TITLE!?

#9 Posted by AEKtzis (106 posts) -

Which patches would you guys recommend me getting to make this run a smoothly as possible?

#10 Posted by Gaymer (22 posts) -
AEKtzis said:
"Which patches would you guys recommend me getting to make this run a smoothly as possible?"
Look up the Circle of Eight modpack.  It patches a bunch of stuff, improves stability, and adds content that was originally planed for the game but the developers ran out of time.

Thanks to snide for recommending this in his top 10.  The first town was underwhelming but once you get into the combat the game is amazing.  I also gotta give Wizardry 8 and Arcanum another shot.
#11 Posted by Goly (843 posts) -

should i start with this or baldur's gate?

#12 Posted by Jimbo (9710 posts) -

Baldur's Gate is the better game, but ToEE did come in an extremely nice box...

#13 Posted by MuttersomeTaxicab (660 posts) -

Ordered a copy today!
#14 Posted by MuttersomeTaxicab (660 posts) -
@Jimbo said:
"Baldur's Gate is the better game, but ToEE did come in an extremely nice box..."

Oh man, does it EVER. 

Also, THICK MANUAL! Man. I haven't seen a manual this thick since HoMM III.
#15 Posted by Kratch (367 posts) -

Just bought this on GOG. The funny thing is that Demon's Souls and Dark Souls hype (I'm very excited for Dark Souls) have given me a craving for some old school, challenging RPG gaming as the cherry on top.

#16 Posted by Sjupp (1901 posts) -

I'm going a bit OT here but I just read HoM&M 3 and went nostalgia-nuts about that instead. I've tried playing the Icewind Dale games but never got too far. Shame :/

#17 Edited by MrKlorox (11186 posts) -

This should be the next Random Ass PC Game, but make Vinny play it. He won't be expecting things since he hasn't already played it. Makes for better video.

#18 Posted by Fattony12000 (6355 posts) -

@Sjupp said:

I'm going a bit OT here but I just read HoM&M 3 and went nostalgia-nuts about that instead. I've tried playing the Icewind Dale games but never got too far. Shame :/

Play it 6 player co-op instead!

#19 Posted by Video_Game_King (34613 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
This should be the next Random Ass PC Game, but make Vinny play it. He won't be expecting things since he hasn't already played it. Makes for better video.
If it makes you feel any better, me and Mento are tackling the game in our blogs. I've made my own party of insane weirdos (and a lady), and Mento's gone down the road of the forumites.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.