Just discovered this game in a Steam sale. Worth buying?

#1 Posted by michaelfossbakk (236 posts) -

I'm a fan of Sherlock Holmes in general and the trailer seemed pretty dark, which I find appealing, but is it a good game? What are some pros/cons on it?

#2 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

@michaelfossbakk: Get it. Play it. Stay the fuck away from Giant Bomb while you do so because I guarantee you they will spoil you on it.

But not knowing what pretty much everyone here knows... you have to play this game.

#3 Posted by ripelivejam (3962 posts) -

in this game, sherlock holmes, he solves cases

#4 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1247 posts) -

@ripelivejam: um...Spoilers?

#5 Edited by Aleryn (704 posts) -

@ripelivejam said:

in this game, sherlock holmes, he solves cases

"And I'm going to tell you a secret... it's not Mr. Holmes last case... !"

(I wish I had a link to the e3 podcast with the quote, was hilarious)

I got nothing beyond this stupid bombcast reference, sorry op.

#6 Edited by dungbootle (2457 posts) -
#7 Edited by mordukai (7150 posts) -

You got six foot prints...What do we know from zhis???

#8 Posted by ShaggE (6453 posts) -

Play it, then come back and ask somebody to dig you up all the hilarity over this game from Bombcasts past. I'll do it, even. You're in for a treat.

#9 Edited by michaelfossbakk (236 posts) -

So, what I've gathered is that it's good, I think? Or is it just for Bombcast references that people are recommending it?

EDIT: I stayed away from the spoilers here.

#10 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2029 posts) -

Wait... this is the one they were talking about with a very foreign-sounding lady doing a preview and a part of the preview where they highlighted a playable dog, right?

#11 Posted by Irvandus (2879 posts) -

You don't know about Sheven!? Man after you finish the game their is a podcast you have to listen to.

#12 Posted by michaelfossbakk (236 posts) -

@Irvandus: So, is this game actually a good game or not? Sounds like a GB circle-jerk over a humorous podcast. No offense. Just trying to gauge bias.

#13 Edited by Xeirus (1305 posts) -

@michaelfossbakk: It looks fine, I don't know anyone who played it. It's a puzzle/adventure game, if you like those you'll like this.

Edit: 4/5 per some random website, "The Testament of Sherlock has one of the darkest and most gripping storylines that I've experienced in the Sherlock Holmes franchise"

http://www.trueachievements.com/n10850/ta-review-the-testament-of-sherlock-holmes.htm

#14 Posted by michaelfossbakk (236 posts) -

@Xeirus: Thanks. Picked it up just based on the fact that it has been described as a dark take on Sherlock Holmes. Coming off of season two of Sherlock, which was pretty dark, imo, I hope to get more of that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.