Sherlock Holmes 6 has an E3 trailer for 2012. It's out in Sept.

#1 Edited by Kierkegaard (579 posts) -

For context,

Justin's amazing story of the best/worst e3 demo ever was both fascinating and shocking. I wanted to see if anyone reviewed the game, and a search led me to the amazing fact that this game is still in development, but only for a few more months. In case you were wondering if the marketing for the game had a consistent narrative, here's the E3 2012 trailer:

Yup,

Sherlock's grave with Watson's narration within the first 30 seconds.

Then a guy with bad teeth. We need an interview, Giant Bomb.

#2 Edited by SarjuTheRapper (279 posts) -

swag 

Edit: actually pretty cool, but i probably won't be playing it 

#3 Posted by ThePhantomStranger (353 posts) -

I'm just going to continue assuming the only logical thing: Holmes is pulling the usual shennagins on Watson.

Also it would be rather amazing if they can pull of a satisfying Sherlock Holmes game where in you actually feel like you're deductive and reasonable....can't wait for the quick look!

#4 Posted by Coafi (1481 posts) -

I've always wanted to play a Sherlock Holmes game and the music from the trailer is pretty badass.

#5 Edited by Castiel (2528 posts) -

You know what, this game could have the potential to be pretty good, allthough I'm not the biggest Sherlock fan so I'm probably not going to play this, unless it gets extremely nice reviews or I just buy it once it's cheap.

#6 Posted by Kierkegaard (579 posts) -

@ThePhantomStranger: Hmm, never thought that maybe the developers are crazy like a fox, not ruining the plot but playing up a false angle on the story.

I like adventure games. Holmesian deduction is one of their clear inspirations. It all fits really well. This game might end up being crap, but they've got me intrigued.

#7 Edited by Zacagawea (1580 posts) -

It actually looks competent.

I'm getting some good use out of this today.

#8 Posted by sungahymn (986 posts) -

Reminds me of that insane E3 podcast talk last year.

#9 Posted by BoFooQ (659 posts) -

bets on if sherlock is actually dead? late game twist he's alive! I want to know how he dies.

#10 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Oh, so this is SHix.

#11 Posted by ztiworoh (731 posts) -

I'm actually pretty interested in this. I'm a bit of a Holmes fan and if done well, it could be fun. Also, Holmes faking being dead is something that's happened before... look up the Reichenbach Falls.

I'd actually be interested in a game based off of the BBC Sherlock series - done with something like the LA Noire style gameplay, it could be cool.

Also.... Cumberbatch

#12 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (373 posts) -

Very cool. Definitely on my "To-Get" list.

#13 Posted by oobs (338 posts) -

should get justin in to do a quick look with one of the guys

#14 Posted by august (3826 posts) -

SHIX

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.