Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Typing of The Dead: Overkill

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

A keyboard version of The House of the Dead: OVERKILL. Also includes regular House Of The Dead: OVERKILL, where players shoot the dead with the mouse or controller.

Almost topped the leaderboard on typing of the dead overkill

AzHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By AzHP
    No Caption Provided

On my first try through a level on typing of the dead overkill today, I got a perfect run and just barely missed the top score on the leaderboard. If I had hit one zombie that only required one letter to hit, I would have gotten the top score. >_< I happened to be streaming it on twitch at the time, so I managed to have a recording of it too (with keyboard cam). Do you guys have any crowning achievements in gaming that you're really proud of? My best moments are only single level achievements for games like Trauma Center, Super Meat Boy, DJ Hero, and Disgaea, but it's still cool to know you're better than everyone in the world, even it's for a single level in a game not many people play. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifz_4KvZZwE

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TyCobb

I used to have that keyboard. Loved it. You should hop on speedrunslive.com and see if anyone wants to race you. I see a couple of people from time to time streaming this game.

AzHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tycobb: Haha I had no idea SRL did score based games or autoscrollers. I'm a huge fan of the site but I never race because I'm pretty bad at every game, my main game is SM64 16 star (22:45 PB). Thanks for the tip. :)

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My big leaderboard victories were in the Rise of the Triad remake (#1 on a couple of levels... for a very short time) and Pac Man CE DX (#200 or so... not great, but nothing to sneeze at either considering the popularity of the game and how many hardcore-ass Pac Man fans there are).

I'm so glad leaderboards have become a thing again this gen. I don't bother with most of them, but it's an arcade throwback I've always appreciated.

AzHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge: Yeah, leaderboards, and especially friends leaderboards, are really fun for me. 99% of the time it'll only be friends I'm competing against, but for the rare times when I just happen to be really good at a game, it's good to know about it rather than having to go out to tournaments or something to prove yourself. It adds a lot of replay value to a game to be aiming to be better than one friend at a game...healthy competition is great for that sort of stuff.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I had some #1 world spots on a few of the Ninja Gaiden games leaderboards at one time got as high as 17 on some of the DmC leaderboards. So yeah, Ill occasionally throw out some decent leaderboard scores.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.