Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead: Season Two

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 17, 2013

After separating from her friend Lee, young orphan Clementine must survive through the undead apocalypse with a new roaming group of survivors in this sequel to Telltale's adaptation of the comic book of the same name.

Jane and Molly.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

Did anyone else here think Molly and Jane were the same character going into it? Early on, I was expecting, and waiting for them to just reveal who it actually was, and yet it never came. They have too many similarities for it not to be the same character I felt at first, and some of the dialogue and expressions given by Jane and Clementine made it seem like they've met before. I'm not saying they are the same now, only that they were extremely similar, as if Molly got a hair cut and is now going by the name Jane. Just curious what others thought about it. Sorry if this is late. I bought both seasons on Steam three days ago, and finished Season Two early this morning.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

One would think either Clem or Jane would say something if they had met before. Also, Jane talks about dragging her depressed sister around while Molly was from that survivalist compound where they would have just killed anyone who was that suicidally depressed

So no, I never really thought they were the same person.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By NTM

I think it'd be possible that Clem may not remember Molly that well. She wasn't around Clem a lot compared to other characters, and then while not usually a huge thing, Jane has shorter hair so Clementine may have been confused by that. They both looked similar enough, were skilled in killing the walkers, and they both were loner type characters; not really wanting to open up (which is why Jane wouldn't reveal it right away), going so far to want to both leave the group in a similar fashion, by sneaking out with no goodbyes; only difference being Jane came back. Early on, when Clementine looks at Jane, I took it as if she was looking at her wondering if she thought who she was looking at, was Molly.

There was also the conversation Jane and Clementine had, when Jane rejoined, where Jane says something along the lines of "I never had left you before, but..." While not really a strong reason, they are also the only sexually active female characters in the game. I don't think they're the same, but for a good chunk of it, I thought there were many similarities that it was going to be revealed that they were the same. I just think there are a lot of reasons as to why one would wonder if they were the same. In the end it wasn't really something on my mind, but for the majority of it, every time I saw Jane, I kept waiting for her to say she's Molly. Biggest differences is their back stories (which is somewhat similar, as they both had sisters), and difference of voice actresses.

Maybe they were all just supposed to draw parallels to the original crew she was with. Something that could have made me feel this way more so than I originally would have is probably because I was prior to playing Season Two, looking for some wallpaper on Google, and I saw images in which I thought spoiled it (which one did), so it kept me skeptical almost all the way throughout.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.