Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead: Season Two

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 17, 2013

After separating from her friend Lee, young orphan Clementine must survive through the undead apocalypse with a new roaming group of survivors in this sequel to Telltale's adaptation of the comic book of the same name.

Season 2 Episode 5 Decisions and thoughts. (spoilers)

• 132 results
    Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Oldirtybearon

My thought process was this: Is Kenny an asshole? Yep. Was Kenny emotionally fragile this season? Yep. Did Kenny deserve to get gunned down by the only person left in his life that he cares about? F u c k o u t t a h e r e.

The Wellington ending is pretty damn emotional. The way it works for me is, and Kenny as a whole this season, is that he was trying to follow Lee's example and do what's best for the kids. He viewed the other group members as disposable because that's who he is; women and children come first. It's kind of charming, in a hillbilly chivalry kind of way.

Aside from that, the other decisions don't really matter in my opinion. Jane was a crazy ass woman. The fact that I could totally buy her killing the kid (even if she didn't), the fact that she created drama like that with an emotionally unstable man like Kenny just to prove herself right, she deserved to get got. And get got she did. No remorse at all.

Highlight of the episode (and the season) for me is definitely the Lee dream/memory. Goddamn that hurt in all the ways that matter.

Also, is Season 3 going to follow Clementine? I hope not considering that with the way season two ended, that was plenty a satisfying ending for me.

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I ended up with Jane and AJ, and turned the family away. I played this season as Clem being rudderless after Lee, and allowing herself to be influenced by Jane's unwillingness to get close to other people as a way to stay alive.

Was a downer-as-hell way to play through this season, but man what an emotional ride.

hankrazorbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went for the Jane ending initially because I was playing in a group and that was what the majority voted for, but once the credits rolled I went back to that point (team kenny) to see how it went otherwise. I honestly think the two endings with Kenny outside Wellington are my favourites, if that's where they choose to end Clementine's story I won't be entirely unhappy.

However, I would really love to see Telltale continue from this point because it would mean for once that the choices actually had significant impact. It was great to get an ending that didn't converge absolutely everyone's story to the same point. (Not that I would change any of the first season if I could, goddamn)

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
    deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Just finished it. What a boring fucking episode! The characters this season sucked, My Clem is all alone and I think that is how she will remain as I don't think I can stomach another season of this shit.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By mano521

Stay with kenny. Just... stay with Kenny.

I chose to stay behind at Wellington first time, but that was the saddest thing I've ever seen. So i save scummed and just went with him instead.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Wow I am really surprised by how different the endings are. Makes me very curious how they will start a new season, if there is one and if it features Clem! Which I hope!

And I was nice to Arvo at every point. I disliked Bonnie from the first time she appeared, but Mike seemed okay throughout the season. I can understand leaving Kenny but they were essentially leaving Clem to die as well. During that scene I wanted nothing more than to actually be allowed to pull the trigger on them. Buncha dicks!

Jangowuzhere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is a minor point...but did anyone find the Bonnie and Mike betrayal to be a little forced? I understand that they think Kenny is a ticking time bomb, but I didn't think they would screw everyone over and join with a Russian guy they can barely comprehend. They don't know him at all, and they are allowing him to handle a gun? It seemed a bit out of character.

Besides that situation, I honestly think this is possibly the best Walking Dead episode ever made.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By ZolRoyce

@jangowuzhere: Yeah I'm with you on that, honestly at first I just thought that Mike was going to help the Russian dude escape by himself is all. And even if they did want to all leave, taking all of the supplies while leaving a child and a baby behind also seemed way out of character, even if you can convince him to drop one of the bags.
    It didn't feel forced enough to make me go "Man this stinks" but I did tilt my head a little and go 'nah'

Anyways, man, what a great closer, I've been thinking about the ending I choose/got over and over (Kill Kenny, go with crazy lady) again and again and how much I regret it and how much I don't and it's pretty damn cool that a game is getting those thoughts and reactions.
    I mean, Kenny was always such a loose canon through the two games but.. he was my loose canon, but I didn't want crazy lady to die either, but she did bring it on herself.

Maaaan, maaaaan, this game. Maaaaan.

Edit: Also I'm thinking if they do a Season 3 it wont have anything to do with Clem, my guess is it'll be a whole new set of people and if they want to revisit Clem again sometime then they will have the gap between games and age it far enough ahead that the endings of this season wont have to matter so much and can just hand wave them off through references.

djn3811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#109  Edited By djn3811

I protected the baby- seemed like the right thing to do

I tried to save Luke- partly because of Bonnie yelling at me, but I still kinda liked the guy, even after all the trouble he causes with Kenny. Seeing him be dragged down by the zombie was sad, not a way that I would want to die.

I didn't ask to leave with Mike- Fuck them. They were going to leave without Clem and Jane. They had issues with Kenny, not us, why not at least wake us up to give us the option.

I shot Kenny- I tried throughout the last two episodes to play peacekeeper between Kenny and everyone else. It had gotten to the point that I didn't think staying with Kenny was best for Clem, even though she could usually talk him down off the ledge, that is no position for a young girl like her to be in for a long period of time. That was a very sad scene, especially with Kenny telling you that you made the right choice.

Its me, Jane, the baby, and the family- Jane has done some lying to Clem and isn't the most trustworthy person, but it was better for Clem to be with an adult than with just the kid.

I know its wrong, but I was hoping that the baby really was dead. Clem and anyone that was in that group are in no position to take care of a baby. I was kind of hoping the season would end with Clem, Luke, and Jane sticking together on their own, even though their relationship would pose problems, Luke still seemed like the best at surviving, and they both seem to care for Clem.

edit: I don't think The Walking dead will ever as good for me as it was in season 1. I seem to see past all the choices an realize that in the end they don't seem to make much difference, except I'm interested to see how it plays out seeing as you can have 2 different groups next season.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the last episode I tried to save Luke, but I honestly don't know why because that guy was just a total screw up. Bonnie decided that it was my fault he died and turned into a complete bitch.

I didn't go with her and Mike because they were assholes who were trying to sneak away from the group and stealing supplies.

I let Kenny kill Jane. Jane was a psychopath. She left a baby all by itself in order to prove a point? Crazy. Now, I didn't know she did that at the time which meant she must have let the baby die. Kenny was headstrong and angry with people but only because he wanted nothing more than to see the people he care about live and survive. He's driven solely to keep Clem and AJ alive. For anyone who didn't let him live as soon as you get to the compound and you're told there's no room he immediately pleads and begs that the kids be let in and he'll leave.

I stayed in the compound because that's what Kenny wanted.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I felt this season had almost no emotional impact compared to the first season (which in terms of writing, I think was perfect). I was literally in tears during the closing scene of season 1. I don't recall a video game even getting me close to tears before, and I was really crying during the ending and as the credits rolled. It was emotionally moving in a serious way.

This season? I was so frustrated with almost every supporting character. I had already decided Kenny was a total maniac and Clem needed to get away from him. I shot Kenny during the fight, I was very pissed off to find Jane had lied, but ultimately went with here because I couldn't see Clem and a baby alone being a viable setup for survival.

If I had been given the choice, I would have shot Arvo the second Mike started approaching me. Fuck him, fuck them for attempting to steal everything, and certainly fuck Bonnie for blaming me for Luke's death. I would have gladly left Arvo and Kenny behind - but the fact that they betrayed me like that had me instantly raging.

I let the group in at the end. You have to have a group to survive, even if they ultimately will break down. The sad reality of that world - especially for a young girl with a baby on her hands.

Overall, if season 1 was 5 stars, i would give this season 3 stars. It was entertaining enough to play, but totally forgettable. As I said when they announced season 2, I wish they had gone with a 100% new cast. Season 1 was so perfect that there was nothing to be gained by attempting to directly continue that story. And Kenny's escape from certain death in season 1 was total bullshit. Even the DLC for season 1 (400 days) was better than the average of season 2 in my opinon.

I can't say I'm excited for season 3, I think the well is dry on Clementine, but now I feel like they're going to have to continue her story. Season 3 is not a day 1 purchase for me at this point, which is unfortunate as Season 1 would be on my shortlist for best games I've ever played.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jangowuzhere said:

This is a minor point...but did anyone find the Bonnie and Mike betrayal to be a little forced? I understand that they think Kenny is a ticking time bomb, but I didn't think they would screw everyone over and join with a Russian guy they can barely comprehend. They don't know him at all, and they are allowing him to handle a gun? It seemed a bit out of character.

Besides that situation, I honestly think this is possibly the best Walking Dead episode ever made.

It was very forced. It was obvious that they did it just to get those characters out of the way to make way for a Kenny and Jane conflict finale. It's the same reason why Luke's death was so lame, they just needed him out of the picture.

They did the exact same thing in the first season as well - getting rid of Kenny, Ben, Omid, and Christa so it's just Lee at the end. I honestly don't know which season handled it worse - the second for making Mike and Bonnie trust Arvo, the kid who tried to KILL THEM ALL, or the first season where Ben and Kenny's (or just Kenny's) 'death' scene is so stupid and forced and you apparently couldn't wait for Omid and Christa no matter what.

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cthomer5000:

Regarding Season 3 I seriously doubt Clementine will be the protagonist. There's endings where it seems they absolutely don't need to continue her story. For example if she ends up in Wellington it's a safe community that's getting by. It's a 'happy' ending for her. If you go alone through the field of Walkers, survival chances are pretty bleak so it's best to leave it up to the imaginations of the players about whether she makes it or not because writing further in that scenario will probably end up in either her or AJ dead, both of which would be pretty horrific.

I reckon Season 3 will either be somewhere else entirely (best option) with an entirely new cast, possibly occurring simultaneously with the other seasons. Or it'll be about a grown up AJ in the future (not a particularly good option I think but about the only alternative I think).

Iblis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What an incredible game. I joined up just so I could say a few things about my experience playing.

I Protected The Baby - Since I started playing this game I made decisions as close to what I would do as the options allowed. Saving the baby is a given. Plus, Clem is a small target and her chances were good.

I Covered Luke - My first instinct was to go and help Luke. More or less each time I've had to decide to help someone I've done it despite how impractical it was. Can't loose too much of our humanity, right? Though I trusted that Luke could pull one leg out of the water and despite Bonnie being frantic I choose to shoot the zombies. I was pissed when Bonnie went over and broke the ice. Though if Luke had just fallen in and died that would have been worse. I was really sad that Luke didn't make it, he was the most tender hearted of the group and my favorite, despite my loyalty belonging to Kenny. I was pissed that Bonnie was upset with me. She has enough blood on her hands and betrayed the entire group at the lodge. Fuck her.

I Didn't Ask to Leave, and Threatened Mike - Betrayal! If they wanted to leave they could have hiked it on foot. If I had the choice it would have been to split the food among the two groups and everyone part ways, in peace. But no... they had to be all shady, so I wanted to shove my gun in Mike's mouth. I was pissed he was all smiles like everything was fine and they weren't just fucking the rest of us, including the baby. I didn't want to shoot him though. As for Arvo, there was a big part of me that just wanted to kill that school boy bitch. I didn't steal his medicine and protected him from Kenny when I could.

I Let Kenny Kill Jane - I interfered a bit, which ended up just getting Jane hurt and Kenny cut. So when it came to Clem looking painfully at that gun I just let Kenny kill her. When she said that bit about, "You'll see the monster he is" I knew what she had done. That the baby was alive and this was just some convoluted ploy to test Kenny and teach me. I didn't want her to die, but she chose this, and I wasn't going to choose her over Kenny. Hes a broken and fucked up guy, but, I wasn't going to abandon him. He would do anything to protect Clem and AJ, but Jane? She was a flake and I couldn't count on the few nice things she said after coming back. I protested that it didn't have to go down like that and made sure to tell Kenny that he was dangerous. Bad business.

I Am With Kenny and AJ, No Wellington - He made the honorable choice, but I wasn't having that. Kenny was hanging on by a thread and he needed Clem and AJ just as much as we needed him. All I could think was him dying out there alone and broken comforted only by the thought that she saved us. We could still make it together and God only knows what was really inside Wellington. Someone might try to take AJ away and there might be some pedophile running the place. So no deal. We are going down together.

I was surprised to read how many of you shot Kenny. I mean, I get it that he was a loose cannon and broken, but I saw the small improvements since I cut off Sarita arm. Loosing his family and his lover is a tough lot. I got it, he was just going to burn until he worked through it and I was loyal. Don't get me wrong I wanted to smack him around, but when it comes down to it Luke and Kenny had my loyalty, but only one of them was left to be loyal to. I felt as though the game was really putting you in the position to turn against Kenny or put him out of his misery. Everyone plotting about him. I was happy it turned out the way it did, aside from all the betrayal and Luke's death. I wasn't particularly fond of Jane. As for the rest of them? Fuck em, especially Bonnie. I was pissed at Arvo, but he didn't owe us anything and we caused him grief since we crossed paths. Bonnie on the other hand, fuck her.

Seeing Lee in that black out dream state was heart wrenching and it really did give you this sense that Clem had changed so much. Was also good to just see Lee. What a guy! Thats the bit I am most unsatisfied with in this game. Lee needed to live! I understand why they killed him though... but still...

So in closing, FTW Team Kenny!

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iblis: Glad to see another Team Kenny member!

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#116  Edited By Zirilius
    No Caption Provided

I think I stuck with the majority of the moral choices of what my Clem would do.

The Luke choice was the hardest for me. Leaving in a cold environment I know the dangers of walking on ice and what to do and you absolutely do not go try to help someone falling in ice if you are on the ice yourself. If you do then the exact same thing that happens to Bonnie is typically what happens.

Fuck Mike and Bonnie for leaving with that asshole Arvo.

Shooting Kenny and being rid of his dumb ass was the best part of the game for me. I couldn't stand him in season 1 and he was more of a loose cannon in season 2. I did everything I could to let Jane whoop his ass and did absolutely nothing to help Kenny. Pulling the trigger wasn't even a question for me as I had a sneaking suspicion that Jane hadn't hurt the baby at all.

I ended up turning away the family at the Howe's simply due to how little was probably there and I didn't like the looks of that guy.

Overall I was happy with the season. Didn't think it was as good as Season 1 but still very well thought out. And only had to replay one choice throughout the season cause I read the choices wrong.

Tirion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Clementine was great this season, but they failed to get me caring about most of the other characters. I killed Kenny since he seemed to put both Clem and the baby in danger being so unstable. Then I dumped Jane and walked away with the baby alone. I'm still excited for the third season, but that's mostly because they seem to have abandon most of the characters from this season.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By matatat

I kinda feel bad about forgiving Jane. I think Kenny was going too far even if she was up to something. She was just going to kill her because she couldn't save someone if the child was truly dead. But I regret "apologizing". I just wanted her to come and watch my back but fuck her. I let the dumb family in sorta because I didn't care.

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matatat:

I wonder if the stats are biased by Kenny seeming to be the aggressor when the decision comes down. Like if after the scuffle it had been Jane on top trying to stab Kenny with an option to shoot Jane instead whether it would have been different. It was clear they both wanted each other dead but by gaining the upper hand it makes Kenny look worse as a few folks have said they shot Kenny so he didn't murder someone but it could just as easily been Jane there.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierre42 said:

@matatat:

I wonder if the stats are biased by Kenny seeming to be the aggressor when the decision comes down. Like if after the scuffle it had been Jane on top trying to stab Kenny with an option to shoot Jane instead whether it would have been different. It was clear they both wanted each other dead but by gaining the upper hand it makes Kenny look worse as a few folks have said they shot Kenny so he didn't murder someone but it could just as easily been Jane there.

If the roles were reversed I wouldn't have pulled the trigger. I have always hated Kenny from the beginning but that is simply due to the choices I made. Blaming Lee for his sons mistake on the tractor, not helping Lee when he was getting attacked on the supply run, and basically just be an all out douche for the majority of season 1 and 2. He's always quick to fly off the handle and blame someone else for the shit he causes and was glad to see him go. I actually did everything I could to help Jane and not help him during their scuffle and yes I shot him and I felt no remorse for it.

He is hands down my least favorite character in a video game ever simply due to how well the writers give him tons of layers. Farewell Kenny you won't be missed.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By matatat

@pierre42: Her language and actions implied that she was not in it for a physical confrontation. If we were to believe her truly she also says she didn't think he would go so far. They foreshadow the confrontation with the S1E3 flashback too of course but, at least what I took away from it before it even came to it, was that I might need to kill Kenny. I think that is what they wanted you to do too, I mean he's been on a slope to breaking since you encounter him the second time and he's really only accepting of Clem. Jane's actions had mostly been rational up until you discover her insane plan which needlessly cost someone their life so I was more inclined to side with her when it came to it, but at the same time Kenny pretty much was waiting for someone to finally kill him. When he has his final monologue he finally seems happy. A little cliche but effective.

@zirilius: Yeah I feel like you're always balancing on a razor with his friendship throughout the series and it gets really tiresome. They make it even more strenuous as he gets more chaotic.

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matatat: oh her language and actions paint her as nonaggressive do they?

Jane draws a knife and slices Kenny's stomach open. Kenny RETREATS OUT THE DOOR Jane pursues. Clem steps between both of them Kenny still backing away and holding his wound. You try and stop Jane and tell her just to run and she replies "Not happening" She then LUNGES for a killing blow but Kenny throws her in defence. She drops the knife and well we know what happens after that.

She was clearly just as aggressive if not worse because she drew a knife.

If she hadn't it might have remained a fist fight and someone would be beaten maybe unconscious but not necessarily dead. Also she could have stopped the fight at any point she had Kenny on the run but continued. Face it she wanted him dead. For her "claim" that she didn't expect Kenny to get that bad is hard to believe when you consider her motives at that time : To portray herself as a victim and manipulate Clem into joining her. Besides if we take her for her word there then in fairness we should trust Kenny's words when you spare him : "It was her or me Clem she was trying to kill me too!"

The point still remains she could have stopped the fight at any time by mentioning AJ and yet she went on because she wanted to fight Kenny and kill him. She knew exactly the response she'd get when she poked the bear. Nothing about her was nonaggressive she just wanted a chance to kill Kenny and still have Clem's respect by it seeming to be in a self defence.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By matatat

@pierre42: True but that happens after he assaults her several times. In the end they're both ready to kill each other but Kenny clearly kept antagonizing her. As for the knife she draws it and puts it away pretty quickly just to warn Kenny she will defend herself. It isn't until she is about to be jumped on top of does she actually strike with it. He already demonstrated with Carver that he will beat someone to death. How would she assume it would be different with her? Considering that she tried to diffuse the situation twice and he escalated again it was clear it had to end. She also is probably not as physically strong as Kenny so a fist fight is probably not going to go her way.

Either way the point isn't that it would have just been a fist fight but that there was no reason for a fight in the first place. Her mentioning her dumb plan wouldn't have changed anything because Kenny would most likely still be just as upset (with more reason).

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierre42 said:

@matatat: oh her language and actions paint her as nonaggressive do they?

Jane draws a knife and slices Kenny's stomach open. Kenny RETREATS OUT THE DOOR Jane pursues. Clem steps between both of them Kenny still backing away and holding his wound. You try and stop Jane and tell her just to run and she replies "Not happening" She then LUNGES for a killing blow but Kenny throws her in defence. She drops the knife and well we know what happens after that.

She was clearly just as aggressive if not worse because she drew a knife.

If she hadn't it might have remained a fist fight and someone would be beaten maybe unconscious but not necessarily dead. Also she could have stopped the fight at any point she had Kenny on the run but continued. Face it she wanted him dead. For her "claim" that she didn't expect Kenny to get that bad is hard to believe when you consider her motives at that time : To portray herself as a victim and manipulate Clem into joining her. Besides if we take her for her word there then in fairness we should trust Kenny's words when you spare him : "It was her or me Clem she was trying to kill me too!"

The point still remains she could have stopped the fight at any time by mentioning AJ and yet she went on because she wanted to fight Kenny and kill him. She knew exactly the response she'd get when she poked the bear. Nothing about her was nonaggressive she just wanted a chance to kill Kenny and still have Clem's respect by it seeming to be in a self defence.

Jane draws the knife AFTER Kenny bum rushes her, pushes her into a door and strangles the shit out of her, and keeps coming at her after they stop tangling (by however choice you make). There's a point at which she sheathes the knife when she clearly didn't have to. What would you do if a maniac kept coming out? Just stand there and take it? No way in hell!

Do you think Kenny would have stopped if she mentioned that AJ was still alive? He already had so much blood rage going on that there is no way the mention of that would have stopped him.

Take Jane for what you want but she looked out for Clem more then Kenny did. Kenny didn't care about anything else then the baby. Which is good but you can't put the needs of the group above one little child that may or may not make it.

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius: Whether Kenny was emotionally unstable isn't the question here. Jane was entitled to fight back to an extent. However she should have stopped iit once she had the upper hand unless of course she actively wanted to kill Kenny all along...which she did. Sure she says she didn't expect him to get that bad but she's just as mad as Kenny is. Firstly she leaves a baby alone in a frozen zombie wasteland. Wouldn't take much for a zombie to hear the cries and smash in the car window. Secondly she created a situation to break an already depressed man by making him believe one of his few reasons for living had been killed. Frankly I believe Jane had hoped the baby would die in the storm anyway as it would be convenient but that's just a hypothesis. Jane is just as bad as Kenny.

As for whether Kenny would stop? Of course he would. You said it yourself "Kenny didn't care about anything else apart from the baby" he would ditch that fight in a second to go find AJ if he believed he was alive. He says as much himself after the fight saying at any point Jane could have told him about AJ and things wouldnt have got that far. You've hated Kenny all the time so I think its blinding you in this case. I didn't hate Jane until she'd done the unforgivable in this episode and shown herself as a manipulative madwoman.

As for looking out for the group? Kenny gives himself up to save Clem when Carver holds her hostage. If he'd left then he'd probably have been able to disappear into the forest safely. He was a main driving force in trying to escape from Carver. He owned up in Clem's place and got beat within an inch of his life losing his eye in the process. After that he helps organise the group to ensure Rebecca's baby is born safely. Fixes a Car to help the group move better and ultimately gives up his own safety so that Clem and AJ can be safe and live in relative comfort.

Jane helps Clem and the others escape the horde but is happy to leave stragglers behind. Actively encourages you to ditch Sarah rather than save your friend. Screws around with Luke which drops their guard leading to every problem in the climax. Actually ditches the group. Shows up later to help the group then admits she's 90% in it for Clem. Encourages Clem to actively abandon team members who are scouting a safe path. Abandoned a baby (who yes still counts as a member of the group) in a dangerous situation with the intention of creating a situation specifically to break up the group.

So don't talk to me about how Kenny never thinks about others because its an argument that doesn't hold water especially in comparison to Jane.

venom690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saved the Baby.

Tried to save Luke but I knew he was fubar.

I was looking for an option to shoot mike, freaking traitor, I just didn't have the option, of course I called for help from Kenny and Jane just to get shot.

I did not shoot Kenny, I had to pause the game and think for a minute, Kenny is a brilliant character, I liked Jane but I sided with Kenny must of the time, I guess it comes with age, everyone was still trying to be nice while Kenny had it figured it out, he is an asshole because he has a big heart, remember when he jumped in to save the radio and that Christa?? the man has a big heart, and usually man and woman with big hearts can be a bit pationate, Jane seemd calculating, and almost seemed to want to take Clem as a student, I love Kenny and when I saw kenny at the sky resort my heart warmed, I didn't have to think twice to click on "hug Kenny" I didn't agree with him all that much as Lee, but really once you get to know Kenny you see he is a reliable person, a fierce fighter for what he loves and has been through a lot of shit, after a short pause I decided to let Kenny finish the job, ( I would had shot Jane) also I did not like the personal attacks on Kenny and his personal life in the truck, one thing that caught my attention was that the first thing Kenny did when they spun out was to ask Jana if she was ok, even after receiving a bunch of attacks on sensitive areas, I was disgusted by Jane, when the option came in and after thinking it for a few minutes it was clear that Kenny was the person to have next to me, this is one man that was not going to abandon me,and had already proved that he had my back several times, when he hugged Chlem next to the car on the snow it felt good, it felt I had done the right thing, when we walked up to Wellington and he asked for me and the baby to stay in sake of his safety I felt everything I had done was ok, so I chose to leave with him into the snow, there was no way I was going to abandon a man that had gone through so much to save me and a baby alone in the snow, no F way, so I was happy to see them both leave together with the supplies.

Shame on all of you who shot Kenny, such poor test of character and loyalty

Also the Russian kid I never really liked, I was specially pissed when I returned the medicines to him and he still decided to lie to his group to ambush us, obviously he stole the medicines from his group to take care of his sister, but still, so I decided to side with Kenny hard core, I love the man, he is honestly the best character of the game after Lee and Clem, I never really like Becca so I lied to her, and treated her bad all along.

Team Kenny all the way!

venom690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Other things to consider about Kenny:

1: When Luke got caught he took a beating for you when you were about to confess to Garver.

2:Kenny valued your opinion even after not seeing you for a while after seeing you at the sky resort.

3:A small detail but he is the only one that cared that you were being offered rum at 12, yes I did drink anyways but the fact that he was keeping an eye on you showed you how much he cared about you.

4:He abandoned his boat to go look for you (in some cases I guess)

5: He had Klev figured out all along while everyone was trying to defend and obvious sneaky bastard.

6:He was the fiercest fighter when the zombies attacked during Beccas birth, he did not hesitate on charging the zombies when you had to ask Mike to help him.

7:during the fight with the Russians he was the reason you all survived, well and Jane but I will get there later.

8:He did not spend all that much time bad mouthing everyone,he was more concerned about keeping the group together and saving the baby and of course Clem.

9:He cared about Jane's well being when they span out of control "Are you ok? how is the baby"

10:he Jumped in to save Christa after she jumped in recklessly after the radio.

Jane:

1:Grabbed the Russian kid and put a gun on his head even tried to rob him.

2:She abandoned you in the most precarious situation, (when Becca had just given birth.)

3:She seemed stable on the outside but her reactions offten showed that she was more unstable than Kenny even.

4:She hid a baby in a car with the window down during a snow storm and with walkers all around just to get Kenny thrown out of balance.

5:She Suggested abandoning Kenny when he got off to search for diesel after he is the one that fixed the truck.

6:She was more concerned about a quickie with Luke than the safety of the group, she knew Becca was giving birth, She knew that the group was exposed out there, and instead of helping bringing everyone in,she seduced Luke for some quick sex,Distracting one of the strongest figthers in the group (Luke) and herself, to me this showed tons on her character, can't even blame Luke,I would had done the same as a young guy, it was also clear it was her he even said "She gave me an offer" now I am not upset about the act itself, but this could had taken place once everyone was safe in the cabin and Becca had given birth, I am sure they could had sneaked away and "done"it by the stairs when everyone slept.

I was very surprised to see I was in the 14% that stayed with Kenny till' the end, yes he does scream at you and blame you for his girlfriend getting bit, and he may seem a bit passionate,but he also has the biggest hearth, I did not want Jana to die, but Kenny was worth 3 Janas, basically most people allowed themselves to get brain washed by the group and specially Jana.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@venom690 You make a hell of a lot of sense.

katimanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may be late to the party but I didn't like most of the episode because after Clem fell into the water, nothing was addressed about her going to die from Hypothermia. I mean she kept her wet clothing on and was only sort of close to the fire. I know it is a small thing but it really pulled me the illusion that these are real people.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By NTM

I just finally got to them, Season One and Two (after finally playing through another of Telltales games: The Wolf Among Us), and just finished Season Two. I'd like to see them as one large experience together instead of game one and game two, or separated into episodes as if I had to wait (because I didn't), kind of like how Alan Wake went, if you will, and I have to say, it was fantastic, but when it comes to the ending for Season Two, I watched all four (five?) and wasn't completely satisfied with any of them. Some aspects of each were good, but there were some heavy parts that just didn't jibe well with me. Maybe that was the point, but it didn't work for me. Either way, I loved it and am really happy I experienced them :). I'm also pretty disappointed that I didn't do it sooner though.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Finally got around to finishing it before GOTY deliberations. While not as good as Season 1 (and honestly, there wasn't any chance it would've been better given how good and strong it was), I still had a grand time with it. Was honestly surprised at how few people decided to stay with Kenny, which I thought was a great ending. Feelings all over the place with the finale.

Also, #FuckArvo. He was like the younger Russian version of the car man from Season 1 that, even though you chose NOT to steal their shit and tried to be nice to them in the shittiest situations, they still have it out for you because reasons. Complete bullshit.

ragnar_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm a little late to the party with school finals wrapping up but I thought I'd give my two cents as I process what I just finished.

So, I feel like pretty much all of the choices I made throughout this season didn't really matter. By the end of Season 1, I felt like I had showed Clem how to survive and that while she trusted Lee implicitly, everyone else in the group was pretty much a question mark. Maybe that's why I feel like this season was forcing me to care about Kenny. I hated Kenny. Based on my choices and his actions in the first season, we basically were sworn enemies until he "died". And at best, I was left with a feeling of "Well, at least he went out like a decent dude."

The last few episodes, this one in particular feels like a red herring for Kenny. There is no real indication that he can even remotely handle a baby or being the "Lee" role. I was planning on leaving with Jane until the final choice. I ended up shooting Kenny, mainly because while Carver deserved it, she hadn't implicitly done anything to him. She said it was an accident. And sure, she sounded shady as shit, but she always kinda did, and yet was there when needed. It made me realize that the entire point of the episode, was to make him as unlikeable as possible right up until that choice. So for my Clem it was either go with the "smart survivor" choice or the "dumb nostalgic" choice, which I wouldn't have hesitated to go with if it was ANYONE else from season one was in Kenny's spot this season. I would have been able to follow the rather obvious story arc they hoped everyone picked. As it was, I related much more to Jane. She's essentially how my Clem is now: Callous until called on it by people she trusts, a hardened survivor who doesn't care for all the political bullshit with a tiny handful of people she is close to. So I saved her and realize that she's not just traumatized by her sister, she's delusional and borderline dangerous to be with, especially with a baby, so I bailed. So now I'm alone with a two week old infant. Great.

Seeing the Wellington endings it's obvious those are the "cannon" choices. And that they hoped I had a better rapport with Kenny or any of my other survivors from season one, but I didn't. And now, after all this, talking to Jane about group dynamics, trying to pull Kenny from the edge, Sarah being...ugh, my Clem is spelled out in three letters: DTA

I do like the parallels of my choices from season to season, ending with shooting Lee and Kenny respectively and walking off lone ranger style. I just feel like it was handled much better in season one.

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Vrikk

I liked you Kenny, damn it. You were unstable as fuck, but you wanted to protect Clem at every chance and at least never left like Jane did. Sure, Jane was a bitch, but you were my boy. I didn't want to shoot you, but I didn't want you to kill Jane and I be left with a shell of the man that used to be. :(

Now I'm already regretting shooting Kenny after reading this thread. I want him back. Fuck Jane. She provoked him. Argh, Telltale!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.