Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead: Season Two

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 17, 2013

After separating from her friend Lee, young orphan Clementine must survive through the undead apocalypse with a new roaming group of survivors in this sequel to Telltale's adaptation of the comic book of the same name.

Season 2 - Intense! (no spoilers)

DrZing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DrZing

Just finished S2E1 on PC, about 1.5-2 hours as you'd expect. Holy shit, I had no idea what to expect but so far, I'd say TellTale is bringing it once again with a killer story, no pun intended! I don't think anyone will be disappointed with this episode, except for the cruel wait for episode 2!

Only bummer is that the game will assign you a random set of choices from Season 1 if you don't have a save. I had hoped they'd build some kind of export-to-a-code system for those who played on other platforms. Maybe it doesn't matter much, there aren't very many callbacks to S1 choices in E1. Now E2 maybe more so...

[edit] Oh, and the graphics and art style are great, although I don't know how S1 looked on PC (I played S1 on iPad and recently Wolf on PC too). Gameplay is enhanced over S1 with similar fight-QTE's to Wolf. I liked that they decided to only require you to use RT instead of both triggers, sometimes in Wolf it was hard to quickly read which trigger you were supposed to use. Weirdly the game starts in 1024x768 instead of whatever native resolution you have set (I'm using 1080p to a TV), so be sure to fix that under Graphics before playing. I'm glad my TV supports that res... I think Wolf's first startup was in a resolution my TV didn't support which was a real pain to fix.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I thought it was fantastic the were a couple of intense moments but the most intense has to be the part that involved the fishing wire or the tin of beans... I found that shit hard to watch.

DrZing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I always cringe at the fact that you have to bash/stab zombies like 4 times to kill them! Nothing as bad as the leg-chopping scene from last season though, omg. I totally expected the one zombie with the pocket knife to lose his head on the last hit, and Clem to just totally lose it.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I really don't want to have to play this on 360 to continue my save. Does season 2 give you an option, mass effect style to remake the choices from season 1?

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

There was one scene where i literary yelled ''get on with it am not a fucking masochist ! '' So yeah its a great second season start up.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I really don't want to have to play this on 360 to continue my save. Does season 2 give you an option, mass effect style to remake the choices from season 1?

Nope, if you don't have a save it randomly generates choices for you.

BenLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drzing said:

I always cringe at the fact that you have to bash/stab zombies like 4 times to kill them! Nothing as bad as the leg-chopping scene from last season though, omg. I totally expected the one zombie with the pocket knife to lose his head on the last hit, and Clem to just totally lose it.

Adventure games, everything takes three tries!

robsamuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By robsamuel

Great start to the series. Thought the opening was a bit weak though.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

The bit leading up to the beans did a great job of playing off my expectations. So far I think it's off to a great start, and all the new UI design is a welcome upgrade.

Although for whatever reason after loading my save, it showed Lee sparing the brother during the "Previously On" when I definitely forked the bastard. I hope that doesn't end up factoring in later, like he shows up again or something. That would bum me out.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

@themanwithnoplan said:

Nope, if you don't have a save it randomly generates choices for you.

Thanks. I'll probably just play it on steam regardless of the save transfer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.