Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead: Season Two

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 17, 2013

After separating from her friend Lee, young orphan Clementine must survive through the undead apocalypse with a new roaming group of survivors in this sequel to Telltale's adaptation of the comic book of the same name.

The Walking Dead S2 E1 Discussion (Spoilers)

• 131 results
    golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By golguin

@donchipotle said:

I killed the fuck out of that asshole dog and I saved Pete because Nick had ammo and if he wasn't such a shit shot he could've shot better. Asshole. I think the best part of the episode for me was when I told the guy about the old group. Hearing Clem talk about how she killed Lee was rough. I wonder when the 400 Days crew is gonna show up. I liked some of those guys.

Also you're a god damn liar if you didn't pick the "Still. Not. Bitten." dialog after killing the zombie in the shed. A god damn LIAR.

I picked the hell out of "Still. Not. Bitten." and added BITCH at the end of that. Fuck most of that group. I forgot to mention that 400 Days has already played a part. Roman was one of the dead bodies. Same jacket. I know because I just replayed it yesterday.

Here are my choices and that current stats on the XBOX 360 version.

1) I saved Christa and so did 60.7% of players. Didn't need to think about it.

2) I killed the dog and so did 55.6% of players. I own dogs so I understand why it turned on me. It didn't stop me from yelling "WTF" when it happened and feeling bad after doing what needed to be done.

3) I accepted Nick's apology and so did 50% of players. I didn't need another person in their group having issues with me like that one bitch. I didn't call her out on her baby. She doesn't need to know that I have that on her. It's smarter to hold onto that info until the time of the birth.

4) I gave the man water and so did 70% of players. The decision went right down to the wire, but I needed him to tell me if Christa was alive. I'm convinced she is.

5) I saved Pete and with 44% of players it's the only choice that went against the popular option. The way I see it I need a guy like Pete to back me up even if he was bitten. At the moment of the decision it was my plan to reach camp with the dude so he could tell everyone how much of an asset Clem is. The other dude had ammo so I figured he'd be okay on his own.

I'll need to gather my thoughts on the other choices in the game because I felt those were a lot more important in regards to how my Clem is going to act.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Being an asshole as Clem was amazing.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#53  Edited By AndrewB

Did anyone else find the most divisive decision to be whether or not to take the watch? I did, but then immediately wanted to put it back. Almost reloaded a save because of it. It's easy to see the path that decision might lead to.

1) Saved Christa. Why wouldn't you?

2) Killed the dog. The story is really playing up the mercy/survival killing aspect of this world, and even with that aside, under these circumstances I couldn't just leave it there to suffer.

3) Accepted the apology. Too much distrust and hate going on in this universe (and our own). Someone needs to be the man (girl).

4) Gave the water. I hope that one comes back to bite you, because it's too cliche otherwise. The idea that water is scarce is thrown out the window by the fact that the home you're sheltered in still has running water apparently.

5) Saved Nick, although after reading @golguin's response, I'm sort of regretting it. Lee was bitten but remained an asset up until his death. Pete obviously knew what he was doing, and I liked him more. Unfortunately, zombie logic is influencing my snap-decisions heavily. You're as good as gone once you're bitten. It got Lee, it will get him too. This is another decision that I would turn against people. Have Pete survive the bite and Nick be the useless one.

@nekroskop: Clem's seen some shit... hardened asshole Clem might actually make sense.

Falx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Didn't anyone else not blackmail the pregnant lady? I just thought not to put all of my cards on the table straight away and to bring it up when we know more about the situation or if she ever made a move against Clem.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By AndrewB

@falx: I let her know that I knew, but said I wouldn't tell. The lessened time to make choices often leads to you picking the most obvious curiosities.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falx said:

Didn't anyone else not blackmail the pregnant lady? I just thought not to put all of my cards on the table straight away and to bring it up when we know more about the situation or if she ever made a move against Clem.

I didn't blackmail her for that exact reason. She's a bitch and I'm planning on throwing that in her face when it really counts. There's no point in letting her know at that moment that I got something on her.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#57  Edited By BeachThunder

Just finished it, and oh my God those fucking stitches. Especially that last one.

D: Worse than Dead Space 2.

Also:

No Caption Provided

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sgtsphynx said:

Just finished it, and oh my God those fucking stitches. Especially that last one.

No way! Anything dealing with the eyeball is the worst, plus the stitches scene felt so forced. A much lesser version of the Lee arm chop for Clem to get a feel for pain.

Heycalvero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

We did the same things.

On the blackmail thing, I actually blackmailed the lady sort of unintentionally. I pressed "Who's the father?" expecting a lighter, conversational tone, seriously not knowing who she wanted the father to be. And then Clem said out of nowhere "If it's not X, whose is it?" when I didn't even remember hearing the character's name in the first place. I actually still don't know who is her partner.
    I of course anticipated the possibility of blackmailing her in the future, but I still needed the information to set up said blackmail.
    In the end though, it was awesome anyway.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#60  Edited By BeachThunder

Something I found:

No Caption Provided

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#61 jeanluc  Staff

@falx said:

That was my logic too. I wasn't opposed to the idea of blackmailing her, because she does sucks, I just didn't want to play my hand right away.

ObiKwiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

What was in the walkers pocket? The one you pull the knife out of. I thought I was being smart by pulling the knife out first (in case it was still "alive).

Kazzenn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Kazzenn

I swear that was Vince in the preview, probably with that piece of shit Kenny.

The episode was okay, I felt like the ending just came out of nowhere but I enjoyed it nonetheless. That image for episode 4 is super weird and interesting.

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By koolaid

Overall, I liked it. But now that two years have passed since the outbreak... we are starting to run into strange plot holes that bother me.

Like... how do Clementine and Christina survive 16 months, when Lee's group had so much trouble? That's a long ass time. Did they just hunt the whole time? I would think both would be bad-ass survivalists by the time we pick it up. And when I was offered food at the house, what was that? Where did it come from? How are they feeding a half dozen people? Is it all fish? What I like about the world is that day to day life is such a struggle. I don't like when it is suddenly trivialized.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing some of the first season on the Vita this week, and man, I missed Lee in this new episode. Somehow I always thought things would be okay when I was playing as him (even though they totally weren't). Now that I'm controlling Clem, I feel like bad things are around every corner.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#66  Edited By Yummylee

Holy shit, some of those dialogue choices... I mean you could certainly play Lee up as some selfish dick, but considering this is an 11 (?) year old girl, it seems all the more sinister and unnerving to play her as this evil, manipulative little bitch. I've generally played her how my Lee would have wanted her to, though. Understanding and generally a nice person, but can only stand so much shit. I've also always whenever the chance chosen the option to tell whichever other character to 'grow up'. Felt good talking about all of the previous events with Luke, too. I didn't admit that I had killed Lee, though, just because... well, I thought that would maybe make Luke all the wearier of Clementine, knowing what she's capable of.

Goddamn, that stitches scene was rough. Seeing Clementine in this sorta light is just so damn awesome, too. She already appears like a much stronger and independent individual, and while it's a little early going, I already prefer her and find that she's a much more interesting protagonist than Lee.

Anywhoo, choices:

Saved Christa.

Of course! Plus, there's obviously a little bit of guilt there, when Christa looked at Clementine's gun knowing that it was, in-part, Clem's fault for not keeping her gun close that Omid died. I wonder what happened to her baby? I mean... I guess it had to be aborted, but it was never brought up, least not via the dialogue choices I made. Guess it's obviously a nasty subject, though, so it's understandable why it's not something they're going to chat about.

Also, I assume it's Christa at the end, right? Just about everybody else's fate wasn't exactly... ambiguous. Maybe the girl with the axe from episode 4?

Killed the Dog

Man, the dog turning on me was probably the most heartbreaking moment in the episode... I killed it both as an act of sympathy, and as a bit of schadenfreude... We played frisbee together, you fuck.

Refused to give water

One of the few times I indulged in a little Queen Bitch Clementine. Plus, that guy is apart of the reason that Clem and Christa got split up so, there's no love lost there.

Accepted Nick's apology

Given the circumstances, I found that it would be understandable, given the trauma Clem has been through.

Saved Nick

Pete was bitten, and I'm playing Clem as someone's who's compassionate, but... logical. It sucks given that he was one of the few who had begun to trust and warm up to Clem, but... oh well.

I also pinkie-sweared with Carlos' daughter, blackmailed the black pregnant woman, and was grateful to her husband for his help in bringing the bandages. Didn't steal the watch, because that would only make relations worse between Clem and co. Also, when Clem knocks the water bottle away accidentally at the beginning, and responds with 'shit', I'd like to think that's related to how I raised her as Lee <3 Specifically the scene from episode 2 and they're sleeping in the barn.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#67  Edited By Milkman

YOU STILL GOT IT *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP* YOU STILL GOT IT

I had my doubts. I had my doubts even while playing the episode. I thought "man, Omid and Christa were the weakest characters from season 1. I don't really want this whole season to be about them." Then, Omid was gone. Then, Christa was gone. Then I thought "okay but Clem by herself is a little slow moving, I don't know if this will keep my attention." Then the dog showed up. THEN I thought "oh what, so Clem is going to play the role as Lee and the dog is going to play the role as Clem? That's kind of a lame retread." And then THAT happened.

Look, I don't want this says about me and I definitely have a thing for dogs but killing that dog was more fucked up for me than anything that happened in season 1. The noise it was making and the look in its eyes...Fuck, man. I don't think a video game has ever made me feel worse. At that point, I knew I was back in.

AND THEN OH MY GOD THOSE STITCHES JESUS CHRIST.

A couple other observations:

• I didn't always pick them because I don't think they all fit Clem as the character I envision but some of the badass responses are awesome. "Still. Not. Bitten" is great and "Who's baby is it?" after you overhear Rebecca in the bathroom is just delightfully evil.
    • On the whole, the new cast of characters seem interesting though it's going to take more time with them.
    • Maybe my favorite moment of the episode was sitting with that guy (I forget his name), recounting how you got to this point and talking about Lee. "He's the reason I keep my hair short." I...I need a minute.
    • When you talking that weird kid in her bedroom, the facial expressions that Clem makes are absolutely hilarious.

As far as choices go:

• Saved Christa, obviously.
    • Killed the dog...fuck, man...that dog...
    • Accepted Nick's apology. Lee wasn't petty and neither is Clem. No reason to get caught up in meaningless shit.
    • Gave him water. I wanted to know what happened to Christa and obviously wasn't going to be able to tell me other wise.
    • I saved Nick because I'm almost positive that Pete was bitten. This was a real bummer because I really liked Pete. I would have liked for him to stick around a bit longer.
    wolfskind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I took the watch. Not even out of adventure game habits but because I thought it could be useful. And immediately felt bad about it. This is going to bite me in the ass. I thought for a moment about replaying the episode but why cheat my way out of a depressing scene?

Which watch? o_O

Was that in the third bedroom where you find the "bandages"? I didn't look aroud for stuff in that room.

1. Tried to help Christa, that was the obvious choice for me.
    2. Killed the dog, so he didn't have to suffer.
    3. Gave the dying man no water, he was dying anyway. That's way more useful for me. And I didn't expect him to tell me something about Christa anyway.
    4. Accepted the apology, because I kinda get why he freaked out. Everybody's on the edge Also, he can't be worse than Kenny. ^^
    5. Choose to save Nick, Pete clearly got bitten by that walker.

Didn' really talk to the girl. When she asked me, if we could be friends, I just chose to remain silent. And I kinda feel bad for stealing the supplies from the group. :(

Regarding weird save import bugs: Clem said "a friend lost an arm" (or something along those lines), but in season one / episode five my Lee kept his wounded arm.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By emfromthesea

Ugh, I saved Pete, but I don't know if it was the right thing to do. I let the t.v. series influence my opinion on walker bites, and I'm probably going to regret it.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I went after Nick since he was a bit of a fuck up and my Clem gets shit done.

Also, me near the beginning of the game: "Year of the Dog confirmed!!!"

A few minutes later: "Year of the Dog averted..."

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As I was walking peacefully in the wood toward the camp you find food I thougtht "alright, I now know that this is all illusory choices, this might not work this time around and everyone will say 'it' ain't what it was in season 1", and then BAM! They totally managed to pull my heart string again with ease. Telltale has done it again.

CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@coinmatze said:

I took the watch. Not even out of adventure game habits but because I thought it could be useful. And immediately felt bad about it. This is going to bite me in the ass. I thought for a moment about replaying the episode but why cheat my way out of a depressing scene?

Which watch? o_O

The one in the desk drawer in the room where you find the bandages.

MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clementine's a badass.

I saved Christa, let that asshole dog suffer, accepted the apology to him on my side, gave the water to the man in hopes he'd tell me about Christa (even though I fucking knew he wouldn't), and went with Pete because Nick sucks.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

My one pet peeve with this episode, other than the performance which seemed worlds worse than anything in the first season, was completely dropping the "Christa's pregnant" storyline after Omid died. Not a single mention of what happened to that baby, who Christa obviously gave birth to (or attempted to). Was it a miscarriage? Was it stillborn? Was she unable to care for it properly and it died?

MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima said:

My one pet peeve with this episode, other than the performance which seemed worlds worse than anything in the first season, was completely dropping the "Christa's pregnant" storyline after Omid died. Not a single mention of what happened to that baby, who Christa obviously gave birth to (or attempted to). Was it a miscarriage? Was it stillborn? Was she unable to care for it properly and it died?

It was deliberatly not commmented on.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#76 jeanluc  Staff

@nodima said:

How bad was your performance? I was playing on PC and it seemed perfectly fine. Then again, I didn't have much problems with season one so maybe I'm just lucky.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanluc: Very framey, to the point when it hit the cliffhanger ending I was nearly convinced I'd had the ending of that scene completely drop out. Almost every scene transition was jittery coming out of loads. And I saw a lot of clipping, like when they come find Clem in the shed with the dead zombie Rebecca was standing inside of the door, it was just her face inside a door frame.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

Saved Christa, Killed the Dog, Refused the Water, Accepted the apology, and chose to save Nick because Pete was already bitten.

This episode was all over the place, the part with the dog was fucking brutal, but I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the scene in the bathroom at the beginning. I think more time would've helped, although it seemed a bit funny that a year and a half passed and Clem and Christa were still barely on speaking terms. This story seems to have a lot of potential though, hope it delivers.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#79  Edited By probablytuna

Good episode, but there are a few things that bugged me. Namely the action scenes that require split second timing. I had to redo that shed scene five times because of either poor UI indication or the controls just don't gel well with the action. The scene where the walker gets up after being gutted by the anchor comes to mind (there was a prompt for tenth of a second that appeared on the anchor but disappears and I keep trying to click on it until I realised on my fourth try that I was supposed to use the hammer, WTF man).

There was also a scene right afterwards when Clem gets invited into the house and Luke asks if she's hungry. It felt like there was a dialogue choice but nothing popped up and she walked off without saying anything. Can anyone tell me if this is supposed to happen? If it wasn't, then it's probably the "buggiest" episode I've played so far.

Anyways, my choices were:

1. Tried to save Christa
    2. Killed the dog
    3. Accepted the apology
    4. Gave the water
    5. "Saved" Nick (she didn't do anything though!)

Edit: Also, what happened to Christa's baby? It's gonna get interesting...

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Nodima

Pretty sure thats how it was supposed to play out, they just linger on the moment for so long that it feels like you're missing something. And I had that issue with the UI from time to time also, though luckily never in a QTE sequence. I realized that for whatever reason when you're done interacting with an object the action wheel prior to the action lingers for a split second before adapting to your choice.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@nodima: Ok, I guess they should've edited the timing on that scene because it felt pretty weird.

ExiledVip3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ExiledVip3r

Went with the majority on every choice except for the last one, I saved Pete.

Pete was quick to give Clem the benefit of the doubt about the dog bite, so the fact that he said "I lost my footing" and not "it bit me" made me think it was just a red herring and I should return the sentiment he gave me and that it might just be a scrape. I don't think the preview confirms one way or the other if it was a bite or not either, just continued the red herring of making you think it was a bite.

I stuck with all my choices without restarting, except during the needle scene which I finished once and then remembered the vice on the table and thought I probably could've used that to hold my arm still or something to do a better job at it, restarted the scene and you can't even so much as look at the vice.

I really liked Season 1, but going off just episode 1 of this and Wolf Among Us, I've gotta say Wolf Among Us has my interest way more so far.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Maajin
    @noizy said:

As I was walking peacefully in the wood toward the camp you find food I thougtht "alright, I now know that this is all illusory choices, this might not work this time around and everyone will say 'it' ain't what it was in season 1", and then BAM! They totally managed to pull my heart string again with ease. Telltale has done it again.

Exactly what happened to me. At that time I was pretty cold on the episode. And then, the whole dog scene got me completely and I'm not even a Matt Rorie kind of guy.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By LackingSaint

So where does this episode rank with you guys in Modern-TellTale Game Episodes? For me it's this;

1) TWD Season 1, Episode 3

2) TWAU Season 1, Episode 1

3) TWD Season 1, Episode 5

4) TWD Season 1, Episode 2

5) TWD Season 2, Episode 1

6) TWD Season 1, Episode 4

7) TWD Season 1, Episode 1

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@probablytuna: I remember that part with Clem being silent for like 20 seconds - it dragged on for so long that I thought the game had froze or something, and then it just moved on. I actually thought the same thing, that maybe there was a dialogue prompt that was supposed to be there, but it was invisible or something, I dunno.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#86  Edited By Sessh

I played my Clem as pretty much a straight forward and nice girl. Not only because, it felt more true to her character from last season, but also because I just can't see how playing her all tough and mean can turn out well for her at all.

It's just different from Lee, who could stand on his own, because no matter how competent and tough Clem may have become, truth is she's still just a child. Hence her decisions and opinion has no real power over adults. (Something I also elaborated on in my blog.)

My choices were:

• Save Christa. (Even though I'm kinda on the fence about this, because she obviously blamed Clem for Omid's death and potentially for whatever happened to her child.)
    • Killed the dog. (I hated the damn thing, but still, he didn't deserve to suffer for acting on his nature.)
    • Accepted the apology. (Just to get more people on Clem's side.)
    • Gave the water. (Not out of compassion, but because I hoped he would answer Clem's questions about Christa.)
    • Saved Nick. (Who should like me, because I forgave him. Also, Pete was bit, and that's that.)

Also my bet on who Clem was shocked to see in the preview: Kenny, because I still very much doubt he died in the fist season.

Xeirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andrewb said:
    @beachthunder said:

@sgtsphynx said:

No way! Anything dealing with the eyeball is the worst, plus the stitches scene felt so forced. A much lesser version of the Lee arm chop for Clem to get a feel for pain.

See, I never did the arm chop for Lee, I never saw anything like it.

I didn't feel like it was forced, she had to do it and they made you go through it with her. I really liked it.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

So where does this episode rank with you guys in Modern-TellTale Game Episodes? For me it's this;

2) TWAU Season 1, Episode 1

3) TWD Season 1, Episode 5

4) TWD Season 1, Episode 2

5) TWD Season 2, Episode 1

6) TWD Season 1, Episode 4

7) TWD Season 1, Episode 1

2) TWD Season 1, Episode 5

3) TWAU Season 1, Episode 1

4) TWD Season 2, Episode 1

5) TWD Season 1, Episode 2

6) TWD Season 1, Episode 1

7) TWD Season 1, Episode 4

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love one of the St John brothers to appear at some point this season. Less than 20% of players killed both of them, so I can totally imagine them writing in a situation where one or the other shows up.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@sessh said:

Also my bet on who Clem was shocked to see in the preview: Kenny, because I still very much doubt he died in the fist season.

They do show Kenny in the launch trailer (well the back of the head of someone that looks a hell of a lot like Kenny) but my hunch is that it's a fake out.

The episode was ok, but I clearly did not like it as much as most of you seemed to. I realise that it's an establishing episode, but I feel like S1E1 did a much better job of fleshing out characters. So far there's a nice, grandfatherly guy, and really hostile pregnant lady (and given her condition, I would expect her to be much more sympathetic to a child in danger) and a doctor that can't tell the difference between and animal bite and a human bite. Not a lot to grab on to

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They do show Kenny in the launch trailer (well the back of the head of someone that looks a hell of a lot like Kenny) but my hunch is that it's a fake out.

I'm pretty sure that's Nick. I think they purposefully designed him like that to fake people out in the trailer.

I would love one of the St John brothers to appear at some point this season. Less than 20% of players killed both of them, so I can totally imagine them writing in a situation where one or the other shows up.

I hope not. The previously on thing was wrong on mine, it showed Lee sparing the first brother when I remember pretty explicitly stabbing him. I wouldn't like that to carry over.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#92  Edited By Sessh

@petiew said:

@mildmolasses said:

I'm pretty sure that's Nick. I think they purposefully designed him like that to fake people out in the trailer.

Still, Kenny is the only really important character, where you didn't actually see a definite on-screen death. So, I wouldn't put a double fake out, past them either.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#93  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Speaking of psych outs so at the end of the trailer where Clem goes, "I thought you were dead." For the past few days like everyone I probably thought it couldn't be anyone else except Christa, end of story here. Then I got to thinking what if this person who's brought back from the dead is really Lilly from season 1. It makes sense with Lilly surviving and all that. It also just seems like an obvious precursor to the events of season 2.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good episode, but there are a few things that bugged me. Namely the action scenes that require split second timing. I had to redo that shed scene five times because of either poor UI indication or the controls just don't gel well with the action. The scene where the walker gets up after being gutted by the anchor comes to mind (there was a prompt for tenth of a second that appeared on the anchor but disappears and I keep trying to click on it until I realised on my fourth try that I was supposed to use the hammer, WTF man).

There was also a scene right afterwards when Clem gets invited into the house and Luke asks if she's hungry. It felt like there was a dialogue choice but nothing popped up and she walked off without saying anything. Can anyone tell me if this is supposed to happen? If it wasn't, then it's probably the "buggiest" episode I've played so far.

Anyways, my choices were:

1. Tried to save Christa
    2. Killed the dog
    3. Accepted the apology
    4. Gave the water
    5. "Saved" Nick (she didn't do anything though!)

Edit: Also, what happened to Christa's baby? It's gonna get interesting...

I feel that a lot of people missed the grave with the little cross after you get out of the water. Clem's reaction to it made me think it belonged to the baby. In any case the baby is dead. It's not like she'd hand it off to some other group and keep on traveling with Clem.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

Dog moment was the best. Genuinely disturbing.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galiant said:

Dog moment was the best. Genuinely disturbing.

Agreed. I wasn't expecting the dog to go that feral that quickly. As soon as I saw the lips go up I let out an "oh shit!"

I'm surprised at how ruthless Season Two is in comparison to episode one of season one. Probably because they don't need to tell us who Clementine is; we know who she is. I would venture to guess that's also why people are having an easier time being dicks/manipulative/confrontational in this episode. We know Clementine, and we don't know this other group. We're putting ourselves first in order to protect us/Clementine from the very real dangers present in this world.

I think it's providing a nice contrast between Clem and Lee, actually. While I'm personally trying to have Clementine follow Lee's example, she's still more than a little sassy. It's cool.

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#97  Edited By Draugen

@sessh said:

@petiew said:

@mildmolasses said:

Still, Kenny is the only really important character, where you didn't actually see a definite on-screen death. So, I wouldn't put a double fake out, past them either.

Could be Lily too.

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Screenshot of my play through
    My Screenshot of my play through

I liked the episode, Fuck That DOGG

When I played it, the stats were way more skewed. Like, I refused Nick's apology, cause fuck him, he's an idiot, but apparently like 95% of people had accepted it.

BUT I did save Nick cause Pete had already been bitten and was a lost cause. Which sucked, cause Nick is a total shithead.

Jackalol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My choicez:

• I tried to help Christa, but I heard that gunshot, I heard her getting beat up. Goddammit Telltale.
    • Killed the dog, because who wouldn't put him out of his misery??? (also his name was Sam, and I appreciated the throwback)
    • Accepted Nick's apology, because even though he's a complete idiot, he at least owned up to it. Didn't stop me from hating him in the last bit though, good fucking lord.
    • Did not give water to the dying guy, because fuuuuuuUUUCK that guy.
    • Saved Pete because fuck Nick, and there is a chance Pete could cut his foot off! (we saw how well that went for Lee though so that probably won't end very well. whatever though, fuck nick(again))

As for dialog with Alvin and Pregnant Lady, I threatened to expose them both and uuuuhhh wow. You can really turn Clem into a manipulative little monster in this game. Kind of hoping that'll continue in future episodes!

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackalol said:

My choicez:

• I tried to help Christa, but I heard that gunshot, I heard her getting beat up. Goddammit Telltale.
    • Killed the dog, because who wouldn't put him out of his misery??? (also his name was Sam, and I appreciated the throwback)
    • Accepted Nick's apology, because even though he's a complete idiot, he at least owned up to it. Didn't stop me from hating him in the last bit though, good fucking lord.
    • Saved Pete because fuck Nick, and there is a chance Pete could cut his foot off! (we saw how well that went for Lee though so that probably won't end very well. whatever though, fuck nick(again))

As for dialog with Alvin and Pregnant Lady, I threatened to expose them both and uuuuhhh wow. You can really turn Clem into a manipulative little monster in this game. Kind of hoping that'll continue in future episodes!

@jackalol said:

My choicez:

What do you mean when you say the dialog with Alvin? Do things change during the sneaking part of the episode if you get caught? I've only seen Clem get all the items she needs successfully, but it seems like 1 or more of the adult characters will give you some of the stuff if you mess up during that part.

I'm really curious to know how many people started shit with the Pregnant Lady. Calling her out on her baby daddy issues is too good. Clem literally delivers the best lines of the whole series when he asks who's the father and when she tell the lady that new moms shouldn't swear.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.