Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead: Season Two

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 17, 2013

After separating from her friend Lee, young orphan Clementine must survive through the undead apocalypse with a new roaming group of survivors in this sequel to Telltale's adaptation of the comic book of the same name.

Walking Dead S2 EP2 Spoiler Thread

• 65 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I don't think Kenny was the sole reason behind this being good, I was quite cold on the new characters but in this episode I ended up forming opinions on every single damn one of them... even the new ones. The fact they made me care about 8 - 10 characters that I previously didn't know/care about from episode 1 is quite some achievement. I thought Episode 1 was a lot of fun and tense as shit but it really failed on the character development front but this one more than made up for it.

How they made a choice as simple as where to sit during dinner so fucking gut wrenching as they did is quite a testament about how much they made me care about the characters, I was so so so very cold on the cast of Episode 1 (though I still enjoyed it) and came into this remembering pretty much no one other than Clem and the Doctor but this episode has changed all that.

I think it lasted 100 - 110 mins for me and I was totally into it, great story telling this time round

As far as TWD episodes go I think this ranks among the best.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

PS did Alvin die or survive in your game, I saved his gentle heart ^.^

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think this might be their best episode yet. Definitely in the top 3 for me. Holy shit that was good.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By AndrewB

I think my only complaint is that it feels like there's less interaction for the player character to make, even if it's mostly meaningless. There were hub sections in the first season where you could just walk around and talk with people at your leisure. It at least felt like you were navigating a space. So far in this season, even the free-roam sections have been pretty much velvet-roped into a single corridor walk.

It's also hard to speak to the interactions because we haven't seen the payoff yet. I've a bad feeling that we're tending towards the Mass Effect hole of paragon, neutral, renegade (with a fourth option of saying nothing), but I hope that I'm wrong. I've already been slightly disappointed by a seemingly small and optional event from episode one that I was hoping they would throw in your face in a nice little twisty and against-the-norm manner, but it turned out to follow disappointing video game completionist logic and be beneficial (at least so far).

That said, I'm really liking the character beats and the story, which were also the highlights of the first season. I was gripped enough to beat it before the post-episode stats servers were working, apparently, because all I got was a blank screen and didn't get to see an overview of the major choices for this episode. Someone give me a breakdown so I can post, although I did save Alvin.

Also feels weird being right back into a faction war of trust with Kenny so soon. Definitely seemed to take to Clem in this episode, but the next episode preview alluded to some stuff.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By LackingSaint

I straight-up disliked the first episode; it felt rushed, with most of the set-pieces lasting barely a few minutes. The choices felt emotionally simplistic, usually taking barely a couple of seconds for me to figure out answers to, and above all else I didn't feel like I was Clementine engaging with this story. They eschewed character-development and interaction in favor of action-sequences and "OH NO SOMETHING BAD HAPPENED", and Clementine would often do things I completely disagreed with (such as her deciding to go steal supplies from the group, despite me being completely compliant in wanting to stay in the shed for the night). For as much as that kind of thing might've been justified ("Clem wasn't going to make it through the night"), it bothered me as a player to have my PoV and mouthpiece suddenly go against my wishes without any prior reasoning. After the cheap copy of the last premiere's dramatic conclusive choice, the whole episode left kind of a sour taste in my mouth.

This episode was fucking phenomenal, almost top to bottom. I think of scenes like the slow walk across the bridge to meet the "Stranger" (with a tension orders of magnitude more effective than Omid's "oh no there's a woman with a gun oh no Omid oh no he's dead well moving on" opening), I think of the complete vagueness of whether Carver's house-visit is simply threatening or outright-aggression, I think of the mind-numbingly difficult choices like Lying for Nick, Telling Kenny to take the Shot, even deciding whether to sit with Luke or Kenny. That super-bleak knowledge that either choice could go wrong in the worst way, that was what was missing in the rather straightforward first episode, but they delivered it in spades this time. Good comeback, TellTale.

The one thing that bothered me in a major way: I had decided to lie to Walter about Matthew, for fear of him acting out and killing either Nick or himself. I showed Nick the picture but told him not to say anything, I told Walter we simply found the knife, and I convinced him Nick was a good guy. Then, Nick walks in and Clem whispers "You need to tell him the truth". I audibly said WHAT THE HELL as the rest of the scene played out, with tensions rising as Walter threatened us with the knife. It was insanely cheap for TellTale to completely eliminate our sense of choice on that one occasion; why bother letting me lie if she was always going to coax Nick into telling the truth?

Oh, and minor thing that bugged me-- How on Earth could one-and-a-half adults not hold back a couple of zombies, yet a crate of apples that Nick clearly lifted up some stairs made things suddenly a-okay? And in that case, why would the zombies stop going for the door? Maybe it's my Zombie Survival Guide days coming back on me, but I don't feel like it's been estabilished that "well we better give up" is a part of the Zombie thought-process. And for god's sakes, they're shambling corpses, there is almost never a need for a "HEY COME OVER HERE QUICK YOU RUN AWAY WHILE I DISTRACT THEM" scene. Why don't you just both run?

Alvin died, Nick lived. I really appreciated both of those being indirect choices, rather than a binary "SAVE HIM OR HIM" thing.

ragnar_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By ragnar_mike

@yesiamaduck: He did in mine. Because Rebecca's pregnant, not you. You're just fat. Get your own food. My Clem is jaded from her past and doesn't open up emotionally to people she just fucking met. Sarah doesn't like me because this ain't a game, kid. She's so getting bit. I hardcore gave Carver the evil eye when he invaded the house. Basically, my Clem has a thousand yard stare and realizes she's in the shit and doesn't pretend things are okay. Also, fuck you, Bonnie. And I am so not going with Kenny. He's my bro, but dude is broken.

@lackingsaint: I went the pragmatic approach of lying just ends up worse. So that whole interaction went much more smoothly for me. Walter seemed to appreciate us all being honest and bummed about the apocalypse.

I'm curious how that standoff would go if I hadn't chickened out. I figure I would just got caught because those stairs around the tree were right where those dudes were standing. So maybe Carver woulda used me for bait instead of Alvin? I dunno. I wussed out there. The voice actor for Sarah was tearing at my heartstrings.

I feel like my playthrough is slowly turning into the Last of Us. Me and Luke take on the world. Everybody dies and we just keep going because that's all there is. Shit, he's probably an asshole isn't he? Oh well, I love this game.

EDIT: OH! Also, Good Ole' Christmas Goose cameo!

No Caption Provided

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7  Edited By Nodima

No one died in my play other than the dude who likely had no choice.

I echo the sentiments in this thread already, Episode 1 was...intriguing, but flat from a plot perspective. This was easily one of the two or three best episodes they've done, possibly even the best from a total tension standpoint. Of course there were emotional highs from the first season that this season can't ever hope to reach, but setting that aside this episode gave 3 and 5 from last season a run for their money at every turn. I spent the entire thing on the tip of my toes, unsure of what to do. Episode 1 I played Clem as a badass because she had to be, but when confronted with this old threat that reminded her all too clearly of the mess she wound up in in Crawford, her resolve broke just a little and she became a politician; frank, but willing to curb her emotions for the sake of keeping everyone alive. The resort family seemed much more functional than the cabin family, even with Kenny in toe, and I couldn't choose sides as the day wore on.

The next episode cannot come soon enough.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Aegon

@ragnar: I don't totally trust Luke, yet.

And I also got a blank stat screen at the end. So if anyone has the break-down, that would be cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't realize that Alvin could live, I feel bad now.

I actually sided with Kenny for most of the episode, though I do recognize that he's a bit nutty now. I felt bad about not sitting with Luke, but come on, why the fuck do you do this stupid high school shit where I have to pick and choose who I want to side with? Seriously though, at the end I was encouraging Kenny to take the shots, I wanted that Carver guy dead, and I'm so pissed that he got back up after being shot. I think if you're shot in the shoulder, you'd be in a LITTLE bit more pain than not at all. Next episode though Bonnie's going down, fuck that bitch. I gave you supplies and THIS is how you repay me?

I did manage to save Nick at least, so next episode Nick, Luke, Kenny and I are gonna destroy this place.

But seriously, screw Carver, he's dead. I'm not as optimistic as I was when I played as Lee, so I don't think I'll have any difficulties killing him no matter what situation will be.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Yep, this was a great episode. I didn't dislike the first episode, but I wasn't too into it either and it introduced this whole new cast of which I barely cared about at the end of episode 1 and just wanted Clem to run away from. Pretty good how they made me care for them, at varying degrees, at the end of episode two. I decided to sit at their table and not Kenny's, after all, because I felt that I needed them to trust Clem and Kenny a bit more.

Only Walter died in my playthrough. Sucks what happened to him; his death reminded me of Carley's, in a way.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By marc

I thought it was pretty neat that stealing the watch in Episode one turned out to be a good thing rather than something to start shit.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AndrewB

@fluxwavez: Can you even save Walter? I think he and Matthew are the only ones who die for sure, but I'd rather not dig too deep into a faq for any reason because that's a dangerous hole to go down to ruin the magic.

It's weird, I thought I was making some pretty major goofs with my dialog choices but managed to talk my way out of most situations. I've been playing aggressively (take out the walkers by choice - not sure if that one would have mattered either way, but the dialog was funny because of it - and otherwise take action over screeching like a girl). Seems like it's paying off.

Also, major spoilers:

No Caption Provided

In actuality, I:

• Took blame for the photo (I'm not really afraid of reprise from the group anyway, and I've been nothing but cold and truthful for the most part).
    • Sat with the new group over Kenny. I wanted to sit with Kenny, but I felt like it would sow distrust about loyalties. Kenny still comes over and has a conversation.
    • Told Walter about Matthew. Could have gone bad, but much like with Lee's background and bite, old stuff has a habit of coming back up and again, there needs to be trust in the group. Also better to know than to hold out hope (and go searching for someone you know to be dead).
    • Saved Nick, although his mental state will probably be a dogged theme.
    • Stayed to help Carlos, because it seemed pretty clear to me that there was no time to go help from the outside. Carlos would be dead in seconds.
    Avatar image for hanktheawesome08
    HanktheAwesome08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

During the Carver Cabin scene, I just kept shouting at my screen "Shoot him. Shoot him. Pull out your gun. Shoot him. Shoot him. Please just shoot him now. Holy shit, fucking shoot him." Dude just walks into my house after I attempted to slam the door in his face, nah. It's zombie apocalypse rules, and nobody gets to enter the house without at /least/ pretending like their family is desperately in need of food (P.S. Fuck you, Bonnie!)

Later I learned Clem didn't have a gun on her at the time which is absolutely insane, but whatever. I guess it makes more sense now why I tried to stab him/why I didn't shoot him as soon as he entered the house.

And I don't care if the new group has treated me well during the last episode. I like them and all but we've only kinda just met, and I just found this guy I kinda already trust who told me that his group was heading toward the same place that Christa and I were heading, so... bye? I sat with Kenny, looked for Kenny, hugged Kenny, etc. Obviously he's a little shook up and he still doesn't listen to a damn thing I say, but whatever. 90% of the time, when he's not dropping salt licks on people's heads, he's cool.

Luke is nice and all, and I'm always friendly to him when we're together. I want to trust him, but I don't. I trust Nick more than him at this point, because Nick at least kinda sobered up after the accident. Luke is not Lee. He didn't find me when I was 9 years old, or whatever. There's no father/daughter thing here and it's creepy as hell that he gets "disappointed" when you don't sit with him. Like I haven't seen Kenny in YEARS you can handle yourself during the bean/peach fun-times.

Alvin died, Nick lived, and I'm gonna live with my choices. I wanted Carver dead, and as soon as he killed Walter, I just thought he was going to gun us all down no matter what/kinda expected Luke to save the day out of no where. So I told Kenny to keep shooting. And Alvin died. That was my fault, it was stupid, and I feel bad, but I'm glad that there was consequences this time, even if Alvin and/or Nick is just going to die off-screen at the beginning of the next episode or something. Actually that would really suck and I hope that doesn't happen.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DinosaurCanada

While I really liked the first episode, it was only really good in flashes. This one is just better as a structured story, with great twists and character development. I was surprised how turned around I was on the new characters. Didn't lack in punches either that Freudian slip oh god Kenny.

It felt different in tone this time too. More anxious and depraved than just depressing.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LackingSaint

@random45 said:

I didn't realize that Alvin could live, I feel bad now.

I actually sided with Kenny for most of the episode, though I do recognize that he's a bit nutty now. I felt bad about not sitting with Luke, but come on, why the fuck do you do this stupid high school shit where I have to pick and choose who I want to side with? Seriously though, at the end I was encouraging Kenny to take the shots, I wanted that Carver guy dead, and I'm so pissed that he got back up after being shot. I think if you're shot in the shoulder, you'd be in a LITTLE bit more pain than not at all. Next episode though Bonnie's going down, fuck that bitch. I gave you supplies and THIS is how you repay me?

I did manage to save Nick at least, so next episode Nick, Luke, Kenny and I are gonna destroy this place.

But seriously, screw Carver, he's dead. I'm not as optimistic as I was when I played as Lee, so I don't think I'll have any difficulties killing him no matter what situation will be.

I felt bad at first, but i'm actually more happy about the characters that died. Not that I had any problem with them, in fact I really liked them and was friendly to them at every turn, but in a narrative sense it raises the stakes in a much more organic way. Imagine Alvin living; the new group would have few motivations beyond just wanting to get out of there, having lost none of their own. Alvin would probably stand off to the side, help out a couple of times, then die anyway. This way, EVERYONE has something to passionately fight for; Carver killed one of the new group AND Kenny's. That's kind of awesome to me.

bhurnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By bhurnie

@lackingsaint: Clem whispered "You need to get out of here" in mine, so it's not like your line was the only option either.

@marc: It did something? Talking to Nick before looking in the station house, I suppose? Which I didn't do because he just shot an innocent, lovely guy and I was pissed.

@random45: Until your comment, I didn't Nick could have survived.

Non-story related: The recurring joke with the peaches can was pretty funny, and I definitely laughed out loud at some other point (though I can't recall when right now). Edit: Ah, picking the 'Look Down' option while climbing the ladder.

Story related: About two more twists than I was expecting. Not that I predicted the other twists, I just didn't expect quite so much to happen in one episode.

And after finishing the first episode without really knowing or caring about all the relationships between the group, I got the hang of it just in time for it to NOT MATTER ANY MORE BECAUSE I RUINED EVERYTHING. Nick, Alvin, Walter, they're all dead. (At least Walter got to go out looking at the photo.)

Bonus image if you earlier guys still can't see the choices page. I'm glad to see the results are a lot closer to 50% this time around, at least so far.

No Caption Provided

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LackingSaint

@bdhurkett said:

@lackingsaint: Clem whispered "You need to get out of here" in mine, so it's not like your line was the only option either.

@marc: It did something? Talking to Nick before looking in the station house, I suppose? Which I didn't do because he just shot an innocent, lovely guy and I was pissed.

@random45: Until your comment, I didn't Nick could have survived.

Non-story related: The recurring joke with the peaches can was pretty funny, and I definitely laughed out loud at some other point (though I can't recall when right now). Edit: Ah, picking the 'Look Down' option while climbing the ladder.

Story related: About two more twists than I was expecting. Not that I predicted the other twists, I just didn't expect quite so much to happen in one episode.

And after finishing the first episode without really knowing or caring about all the relationships between the group, I got the hang of it just in time for it to NOT MATTER ANY MORE BECAUSE I RUINED EVERYTHING. Nick, Alvin, Walter, they're all dead. (At least Walter got to go out looking at the photo.)

Bonus image if you earlier guys still can't see the choices page. I'm glad to see the results are a lot closer to 50% this time around, at least so far.

No Caption Provided

I wonder what I did to make my Clem say "You need to tell him", then? The game straight-up said "You hid the truth from Walter" before that, so I don't know how that happened. Did you show Nick the picture? Maybe the game thinks showing the picture indicates you think Nick should tell Walter; I just wanted to illustrate to Nick the gravity of what he did, so he understand how important it was to hide that fact.

It's kind of a shame that a couple of those choices are going to probably skew pretty heavily on one side or the other due to the fact that there are basically "Correct" and "Incorrect" options. I can imagine a lot of people going back to changing their choice so Alvin and Nick both live (even if I feel that totally goes against the spirit of the game).

Can that one lackey of Carver's not get shot? I wonder if he'll have a presence in the next episode, if it's possible to convince Kenny not to shoot him/not give Kenny the opportunity.

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@ragnar: Dude, don't get me started on Bonnie. She's getting the pointy end of a shank the first opportunity I get.

This episode was astounding, one of the very best. I don't think I've ever secondguessed my own decisions this much in a TWG episode before.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

Holy shit, this episode is so good. I feel like Walter is (was?) this season's Doug (AKA my favorite lovable character). I thought he was full of shit and just trying to get information out of Clem until he quoted Steinbeck, hah.

bhurnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bhurnie

@lackingsaint: I tried to tell Walter when I realised who Matthew was, but the closest option was that you "have a bad feeling" about him. Then Luke changed my mind, I showed Nick the photo as explanation, and convinced him to keep quiet (until we left the next morning - and IIRC he's pretty intent on being honest?). Then, seeing as Walter had found the knife and wasn't an idiot, I couldn't didn't want to lie and instead admitted Nick did it. (I have the 'minimal hud, so I don't get the messages about my actions.)

And I'm pretty sure there can't be any more hostage deaths - the next one is Sarita (spelling?) which makes Kenny surrender, and you aren't given the opportunity to pick up the gun that time. Though I was fully prepared to - sod the sunk cost fallacy, I would have hit him eventually.

Thinking about how much of this episode relies on Nick... what happens if you rescued Pete instead? (Oh - Pete dies, obviously, and Nick turns up alive on the way to the bridge).

Ed: fixed accidental double post, thought the first one had gone missing

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fucking loved this episode. I really loved the feeling of powerlessness as Carver forced his way into the house early on, it was scary and frustrating.

Was happy to see Kenny, I always liked him even if we've had our disagreements (and he opted not to go along with Lee when he revealed he was bitten), I guess it's nice to see a friendly face. Also, Kenny didn't seem that nutty to me beyond slipping into neutral and calling Clem Duck and what that did to him, those times when he got a bit aggressive it really just felt like "Oh, same ol' Kenny" :P

Starting to wonder how good a guy Luke is.

@bdhurkett If you rescue Pete the episode starts with you and Pete holed up inside an old truck. Pete sacrifices himself to let you escape some walkers and get back to the house. Nick turns up with everyone else when they get back after Carver visits the house.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This episode actually made me stay silent on 3-4 different occasions because I didn't know how to answer and I didn't want to give an answer. Nick and Alvin are alive in my game, but from the bit I've been reading it sounds like very different things could happen during this episode. Is it possible for Clem to avoid capture?

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked this episode and much like season 1 I spent the majority of the time saying Fuck Kenny! He's a well written character but I can't stand him and have no empathy for the stupid things my choices made him do.

My screenshot showing the major choices.

No Caption Provided

On topic two people died in my playthrough, Walter and Matthew. Nick shot Matthew (not sure if he can be saved actually) and Walter died at the hands of Carver. I chose to help Sarah learn how to use the gun in the cabin and told the new group I didn't like Kenny but that he'd been through a tough time.

Interesting to see Bonnie with Carver. Wonder how the rest of the 400 days group is going to integrate into the game. I'd have to go back and look but I'm 90% certain that everyone but Shel stuck together in my game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh by the way, for those of you who didn't steal the watch in the first episode, it comes into play here. If you stole it, you can give it to Nick once you're across the bridge since he thought he lost it. I don't know if it'll have any bearing on things, but it made him mellow out a lot, and he seemed to get a hold of himself afterwards.

Also, since the choices page is finally up and running, here's what I did:

I blamed someone else for the photo - since it really WASN'T me who took the damn thing. I ain't playing a white knight here.
    I sat with Kenny because he's an old friend. Screw both him and Luke for doing this High School shit though.
    I lied to Walter. I figured it would be a situation like in the first season where Ben told Kenny at the WORST POSSIBLE TIME. So I opted to stay quiet.
    I convinced Walter to forgive Nick. I felt like everyone was being a complete dick to Nick, did they just forget that his last family member freaking DIED? Sheesh. At least I was with Pete and was able to give Nick his last words.
    I left to find Kenny, because screw Carver.

Overall, Alvin, Walter, Pete, and Matthew died in my game.

This episode was SIGNIFICANTLY better than the first one, and I'm actually anticipating the next episode a lot more than I was after the first episode.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LackingSaint

@random45 said:

I sat with Kenny because he's an old friend. Screw both him and Luke for doing this High School shit though.

Yeah, that's a thing; why the fuck didn't they just put the tables together? Surely when you're welcoming in a new group, you'd all sit together so you could get to know everyone and know who you can trust.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Zirilius

@random45 said:

Yeah, that's a thing; why the fuck didn't they just put the tables together? Surely when you're welcoming in a new group, you'd all sit together so you could get to know everyone and know who you can trust.

Except for the fact that nobody from the group trusts Kenny's group. Separate tables didn't bother me and it was the first time in since season 2 started I actually had to pause the game and think about my decision.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By Sessh

I just knew it would be Kenny, and I'm happy for it. (Even though my Lee and him hated each others guts.) Hopefully he'll not just killed off in the next episode or whatever, I just think he's a pretty interesting character, with lot's of potential.

Anyways, pretty good episode, just a bit annoyed that DLC guy got killed immediately.

• I took blame for the photo. - Not to protect the girl, but because I thought that would sit better with Carlos.
    • I sat with Kenny. - More important to learn what happened with him, and what state of mind he's in. (Not a good one, unsurprisingly.)
    • I told Walter the truth. - Because I was sure someone would find Mats knife, and shortly after that's what happened.
    • I convinced him to forgive Nick. - Infighting isn't good when there's a group of other guys after you.
    • I left to find Kenny. - Giving up just isn't an option. Lee wouldn't have given up either.

What I didn't like is how they (that means the original group and Kenny's as well) didn't really care and thus prepare for the people coming for them. Also, it was weird, how this oh so huge storm, suddenly was a none-issue as soon as Carver showed up.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I told you guys it was Kenny.

Anyway, goddamn, guys. GODDAMN. This was SO good. I hope anyone with doubts after episode 1 can put them aside now.

• I took blame for the photo - not sure why you wouldn't.
    • I sat with Luke - no joke, this may been the most I've ever agonized about a single decision.
    • I told Walter the truth - he pretty much already knew anyway
    • I convinced him to forgive Nick - Lee was always the peacemaker of the group and he taught Clem well.
    • I "gave up" - though I really didn't see it as giving up at all. I look at it this way: I could either save Carlos or leave, pretty much guarantee Carlos' death (in front of his daughter) and potentially not even find Kenny.

Alvin and Nick both survived as well.

Carver is an awesome villain. Madsen totally that kind of "creepy but cool" vibe.

My Clem rarely ever snaps at people but it felt good to say "Shut up, Nick" after the scene on the bridge.

I was glad to see Kenny even if he and Lee didn't always get along.

Sup Christmas duck, I see you there.

This episode did a GREAT job of building tension. I had a knot in my stomach from pretty much from the time we got to the lodge until Carver and his crew showed up. The way they kept mentioning "oh, Matthew will be back soon" just hung this cloud of impeding dread over everything. You just felt like something wasn't quite right and when it was finally revealed who Matthew was, I let out an audible "oh fuck."

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Poor Alvin. He gave me a juice box and I got him killed. :(

I really liked this episode, and this season so far I think has been better than the first. Let's hope it stays that way. Hopefully the next episode doesn't take three months.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

Played this last night. I feel like the trailer showed way too much. The first Carver scene, and the group not explaining what he did would have been so much cooler not knowing. Plus, I knew the knife would be important later, and that Nick would survive.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Oldirtybearon

The Kenny reveal hit me right in the feels. I had my ups and downs with him as Lee, but as soon as I saw that [HUG KENNY] option in big, bold letters, I knew there was only one choice to make.

If Telltale kills him off I will be fucking livid.

bhurnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donutfever: I mentioned it above but Nick doesn't have to survive.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

@bdhurkett: In the opening scene? I thought it could only happen at the end, given what happens at the bridge.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donutfever: If you don't convince Walter that Nick is a good guy, Walter doesn't save him from that zombie at the end.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sessh said:

I just knew it would be Kenny, and I'm happy for it. (Even though my Lee and him hated each others guts.) Hopefully he'll not just killed off in the next episode or whatever, I just think he's a pretty interesting character, with lot's of potential.

Anyways, pretty good episode, just a bit annoyed that DLC guy got killed immediately.

• I took blame for the photo. - Not to protect the girl, but because I thought that would sit better with Carlos.
    • I sat with Kenny. - More important to learn what happened with him, and what state of mind he's in. (Not a good one, unsurprisingly.)
    • I told Walter the truth. - Because I was sure someone would find Mats knife, and shortly after that's what happened.
    • I convinced him to forgive Nick. - Infighting isn't good when there's a group of other guys after you.
    • I left to find Kenny. - Giving up just isn't an option. Lee wouldn't have given up either.

What I didn't like is how they (that means the original group and Kenny's as well) didn't really care and thus prepare for the people coming for them. Also, it was weird, how this oh so huge storm, suddenly was a none-issue as soon as Carver showed up.

What DLC guy are you referring to? Also, I agree with the whole lights thing. I was getting kind of annoyed how Clementine or Luke wasn't making a MUCH bigger deal out of the lights they could clearly see at the bridge. Um, guys, that's kind of a big deal don't you think?

And yeah, it is odd how the storm pretty much disappeared immediately. I guess it only comes and goes when the plot needs it, heh.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sessh: So that's what happens to the DLC characters? Because Bonnie was the only one there for me, but I'm pretty sure she leaves at the end of 400 Days no matter what.

mixedupzombies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38  Edited By mixedupzombies

@andrewb: Actually I got to Kenny because I knew Carver is a sonuvabitch who thinks torture gets results and Carlos still made it out of the ep alive

@random45: The 400 Days DLC that ties the two seasons together and gives alot of characters that season 2 uses

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm guessing episode three is gonna be quite a wait, because the trailer made it feel very incomplete, or it was just a badly put together trailer.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sessh said:

What are you talking about when you say a DLC guy got killed? The only DLC character I saw in episode 2 was Bonnie.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By AlKusanagi

My game was a massacre since my Clem did not give two fucks about this new group except for Luke. I wanted to stay with Kenny's group and just have everyone else leave since I knew Carver's group wasn't going to stop when I figured out the whole babydaddy thing pretty early in the episode before the reveal.

Clem is going to straight up murk everyone in the camp and then her and Carl are going to hook up and create the zombie-killing bandit-slaying master race.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@sooty said:

I'm guessing episode three is gonna be quite a wait, because the trailer made it feel very incomplete, or it was just a badly put together trailer.

I think it was this week's Bombin' the A.M. where Patrick said the wait for the next episode is going to be much shorter.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dinosaurcanada: @golguin: @random45:

Wasn't Matthew in the DLC? The prisoner who broke out of the bus? Maybe I just mixed them up, been a while since I played through the DLC. He also ended up not going to the camp in my game, so I thought they just killed him off because of that.

I did remember Bonnie, though. Still don't like her, at all.

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@sooty said:

I think it was this week's Bombin' the A.M. where Patrick said the wait for the next episode is going to be much shorter.

They've come out and said that the wait for eps 2 of The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us were extraordinary situations, that will not occur again, a little while ago. Can't remember where I read it. We'll see how it goes though. Either way, the wait for the next one is going to be excruciating.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sessh said:

@dinosaurcanada: @golguin: @random45:

Wasn't Matthew in the DLC? The prisoner who broke out of the bus? Maybe I just mixed them up, been a while since I played through the DLC. He also ended up not going to the camp in my game, so I thought they just killed him off because of that.

I did remember Bonnie, though. Still don't like her, at all.

You're thinking about Vince (also Asian). He broke out of the bus. I believe that Bonnie is the only DLC character that always ends up going to the settlement. I had everyone join me in 400 Days so I expect to see them with Carver since it seems that he's the leader of the settlement that was mentioned in 400 Days.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin:

Okay, so I did mix them up. But yes, it's gonna be interesting seeing how life fared them in Carver's settlement, even thought the two characters I found most interesting in the DLC didn't end up going there. (Vince, no matter that I forgot his name, and the guy in the diner, whose new friend kills the couple in the diner. I'm bad with names.)

Killerfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's crazy to see how many other people can die in this episode. In mine, the the people that died were the guy on the bridge (I think that's inevitable), and Walter. When Carver was breaking the hispanic guys fingers (I am so bad with names) I went to find Kenny. Then Carver shot Walter and grabbed Alvin. I think Kenny was going to shoot again but I grabbed his gun and we surrendered.

This episode is so, so good. Between this and The Wolf Among Us, Telltale are really doing some excellent work. I like the contrast between the two. The Walking Dead has the "oh shit this is gut-wrenching" choices, and TWAU has the more investigative "I need to get this guy to talk" moments. I love them both so much.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AndrewB
    @mixedupzombies said:

@andrewb: Actually I got to Kenny because I knew Carver is a sonuvabitch who thinks torture gets results and Carlos still made it out of the ep alive

Yeah, well at least I guess I saved Carlos some more damage that probably never would have been brought up again anyway. Like I said, I've made some choices I've felt were questionable because the countdown timer seems brutal at times and for the most part I let what happens happen.

mixedupzombies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@andrewb: Oh its totally justifiable I just wanted to try give Rebecca as much time as possible. That being I made sure Alvin made it out alive as well.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I LOVED episode 1, and I loved this one as well! Telltale is incredible.

I'm happy the only people who died with me were the people who had to.

Question...what happens if you let Kenny shoot at Carver? I grabbed the gun and we surrendered. I actually grabbed the gun cuz I thought the game would let me take the shot myself. What happens if you let Kenny shoot though? You still get caught I would presume. I just didn't let Kenny shoot cuz I didn't want him accidentally hitting Alvin.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.