Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead: Season Two

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 17, 2013

After separating from her friend Lee, young orphan Clementine must survive through the undead apocalypse with a new roaming group of survivors in this sequel to Telltale's adaptation of the comic book of the same name.

Who do you think Clem was referring to? (Spoilers)

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

So just want to get everyone else opinion to who you think Clem was referring to at the end of The Walking Dead season 2 previews for the next episode. During the last scene Clem was surprised to find someone she thought was long dead to actually still be alive. At first I initially leaned towards Christa and didn't really pay much attention to the scene cause she was kinda the only one left from the original group, but then I got to thinking and am kinda banking on the reveal to actually be Lilly from season one. You don't really let a person like that get away without her appearing later down the road and it'd make sense for her appearing now. Lilly seemed like the leader whose psyche fell down the waste side as more time went on living. It seemed inevitable the way she left things with Lee and the previous group that she would grow untrustworthy and ruthless to other people outside her group. I'm thinking she will be one of the antagonist of this season and might be one of the leaders of this more ruthless group opposing the new one Clem found. Maybe this new group may also have ties to the one referred to in 400 days. Wonder what everyone else thoughts and could Clem possibly be referring to somebody else I haven't thought of?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I'm certain that it will be Kenny.

Or Sam.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
    planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Christa.

chrjz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Lee

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Milkman

Telltale pretty much confirmed that Kenny is going to be in this season. So, yeah, it's probably him.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or Sam.

Yeah, it's either Kenny or a person she met off screen. It could potentially be Christa too, but she isn't certain that Christa is dead, so her reaction would be a bit off if it was Christa. It can't be Lily, because the last time Clem saw her, she was alive and well.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@milkman said:

Telltale pretty much confirmed that Kenny is going to be in this season. So, yeah, it's probably him.

When was this?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@milkman: Reading that article still doesn't make me think he's still alive. Could just be them maybe throwing people off the scent or explaining what really killed him. Them pointing him out specifically does raise a thought though.

@random45 said:

@fluxwavez said:

Or Sam.

Yeah, it's either Kenny or a person she met off screen. It could potentially be Christa too, but she isn't certain that Christa is dead, so her reaction would be a bit off if it was Christa. It can't be Lily, because the last time Clem saw her, she was alive and well.

Guess that nips it being Lilly. Though by Clem saying that it could just be her being surprised that Lilly was able to survive in the state the group left her.

Edit - There's also Molly from episode 4 who helped the group briefly and then decided to leave at the end. From what I remember though she wasn't really into the thought of grouping together.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: I hope it's a bait and switch but to me, his "fate" seemed pretty obvious last season. Them making specific reference to it says to me that something is obviously up.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@i_stay_puft said:

Guess that nips it being Lilly. Though by Clem saying that it could just be her being surprised that Lilly was able to survive in the state the group left her.

But she stole an RV.

Also, Clem would have no reason to believe Molly is dead.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft said:

But she stole an RV.

It gets tricky with Lily because it's going to be different for everyone. For those that had Lily steal the RV, it wouldn't make much sense for Clem to assume her to be dead. But for people, like me, who left her at the side of the road (no regrets), obviously she would assume she died.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@fluxwavez said:

@i_stay_puft said:

But she stole an RV.

Also, Clem would have no reason to believe Molly is dead.

Forgot that Lilly stealing the RV was another possibility, in my game I left her ass to fend for herself in the forest. I know telltale probably wouldn't go this route but that would be insane if peoples games really did differentiate depending on decisions made in the first season. Like what if the person Clem was thinking was dead could be any of the survivors we've discussed so far depending on the decision the player made.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It's probably going to end up being Kenny. Clem would have reasons to believe that Lilly and Molly were still alive. It's doubtful that its Christa because she wouldn't react that way if she saw Christa.

Rxanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember that one guy who was next to Clem's bag at the end of the episode? His face and hairstyle resembled the girl that mugged Clem at the start of this episode. Maybe that guy was the mugger's dad. If that's true, then maybe Clem was referring to that girl from a year ago. It would be more legitimate than Lilly coming back for two reasons:

1. Regardless of the choice you made in Episode 3 of the first season, Lilly leaves the group to defend for herself. That doesn't mean she died. Heck, the comic even refers to her being part of the group at Woodbury. If that's true, she either dies when the town is destroyed or is still living there "peacefully" under the Governor's rule
    2. It would legitimately be surprising for a girl who took a gut shot from a rifle round to wind back alive and well. And if I know game artists, they didn't make that guy look that similar to the girl from the beginning for the hell of it; they're giving us a hint.

To recap, I think Clem's referring to the girl who mugged her and unintentionally killed Omid 15 months ago.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rxanadu said:

To recap, I think Clem's referring to the girl who mugged her and unintentionally killed Omid 15 months ago.

This is a good guess.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@rxanadu said:

Remember that one guy who was next to Clem's bag at the end of the episode? His face and hairstyle resembled the girl that mugged Clem at the start of this episode. Maybe that guy was the mugger's dad. If that's true, then maybe Clem was referring to that girl from a year ago. It would be more legitimate than Lilly coming back for two reasons:

1. Regardless of the choice you made in Episode 3 of the first season, Lilly leaves the group to defend for herself. That doesn't mean she died. Heck, the comic even refers to her being part of the group at Woodbury. If that's true, she either dies when the town is destroyed or is still living there "peacefully" under the Governor's rule
    2. It would legitimately be surprising for a girl who took a gut shot from a rifle round to wind back alive and well. And if I know game artists, they didn't make that guy look that similar to the girl from the beginning for the hell of it; they're giving us a hint.

Good guess as well but would Clem easily recognize her? They met for maybe 10 minutes with a gun pointed at Clem and then meeting again after 15 months I wonder if Clem would recognize her as the shooter? It would be a good call back though if it were true. Another thing that makes me kinda question this route is if these people Clem is meeting are from the other group and they were once part of a bigger group along with the group Clem met in episode 1, wouldn't the leader's daughter from the first group know this girl? From what I remember she said she hasn't really met people around her age group? Though it could be the leader didn't want her daughter tangling with this girl considering how antagonistic she was to Clem in the beginning and how protective the dad was of his daughter when Clem interacted with her.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rxanadu said:

This is a good guess.

Yeah, it didn't even cross my mind, but it's plausible.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

Glenn!

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Kenny = Carver?

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I think it'll be Lilly, Clems face looked shocked in a way that didn't look good. If it was Kenny or someone else I feel like she would have seemed more happy to see them.

Rxanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This may be a tangent, but have any of the characters from 400 Days appeared in Season 2? Given the possibility that Clem is referring to Glenn, what if she mistakes Vince for Glenn? It had been 8 months since Glenn left for Atlanta. After over 2 years after seeing him, it's possible Clem would assume Glenn didn't make it.

And another note: basing off the TV show, Rick's team got to the prison about 9 months after the initial outbreak. I'm guessing only 2-3 weeks passed between the first time at the prison and the end of Woodbury. If we also take the second novel into account, where Lily is stated as a resident in Woodbury, I think she's long dead at this point.

Now as for the Kenny believers, I'm not sure what happens if you leave Ben to his fate at Crawford, but I'm assuming Kenny dies in a similar fashion (i.e. mauled by a hoard of walkers) regardless of the choices you made.

Aside from the mugger and Vince, this only leaves Christa, which I think has become the new person for Clem to find this season.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

kenny, he sucks though

Shoey920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I for one hope it's Molly because I really don't care for Kenny.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#25 sgtsphynx  Moderator

@rxanadu: Both ways that Kenny "dies" in season one, you never actually see it, you just hear a gunshot and it is implied. So it very well could be Kenny.

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care who it is as long as it isn't Kenny. That just seems so implausible that he would have stayed alive and then somehow randomly found Clem who is now really far away? Also I was really satisfied with the way Kenny died in my version of season 1, and the redemptive arc is ruined if he is still alive.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Funkydupe

Perhaps it is Molly?

No Caption Provided

Jocund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jocund

I think the fact that neither of the Kenny "Death" scenes in episode five chose to outright show him being mauled/disemboweled/whatever means he's likely to show up at some point. It seems like a pretty common horror movie-ey trope to employ.

If it were Christa, I'd think Clem would have been a little more happy to see her than she did in that brief clip we saw, and she doesn't really have much of a reason to think Molly or Lily to be dead, seeing as they were both alive and well the last time she saw them. I do like the idea of the shooter kid showing up again, though. That could be purty cool.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's going to be Ben

spoilers

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TT should have thought twice about adding that teaser to the Ep2 trailer...it's almost a spoiler itself, and makes me think that the Kenny speculation is a red herring. It won't be Christa, either. Really, I don't know who it could be, but Molly is a good guess as any...or the dying dude who had Clem's pack. He was pretty feisty after I gave him that water.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Kenny, but I was content with him being offed in the previous season. I hope he doesn't come back (alive at least).

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perhaps it is Molly?

No Caption Provided

She never met Molly, not in my canonically-accurate playthrough.

People are saying Kenny, but that would imply he somehow got out of that death trap. Not sure if I buy that, from a logistical or a narrative perspective - after all, it was meant to be the end of his arc. I assume it's Christa; that makes the most sense, though I don't know why Clem thought she was dead, kind of a leap. Captured sure, but not dead.

Schmollian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Possibilities are Kenny, Christa, Molly, or Lilly.

Kenny or Christa seem like obvious choices. I personally think it would be an interesting wrinkle if it was Lilly though, because she was the biggest bitch.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I bet it's gonna be that boat from Season 1.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@n7 said:

WHY WOULD CLEM THINK THE BOATS DEAD!?

Edit - Zombie Boat?

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@n7 said:

Edit - Zombie Boat?

Because drama! Kenny will come back and see the boat and guilt trip it with the death of his family and they will have a duel to the death. And it will be great.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@n7 said:
    @i_stay_puft said:

@n7 said:

Edit - Zombie Boat?

Because drama! Kenny will come back and see the boat and guilt trip it with the death of his family and they will have a duel to the death. And it will be great.

I don't know man that boat looked like it was itching for some trouble. Plus Kenny's got that mullet and all no way he survived that pit of zombies. I know if I were a zombie I'd probably wanna go after that mullet wearer, you know to end the party in the back of his head and all.

I'm also raising the possibility that the dog might come back, you have to remember that it still got beef with Clem.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

DUCK

tanha_dana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By tanha_dana

I like to think it's Lee with no hands left...but alive....

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think she was referring to Christa.

EDIT: After having a mulligan in order to save Pete, I think the person she's referring to is Lily. If it were Christa, she would have been more excited to see her.

hankrazorbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she was referring to christas baby

at the beginning of the episode, christa says that the baby cannot be named omid, because theh there would be twp/ but then of course when the baby was born, it would be the only omid

then there is a time skip and the baby is not present or referenced at all?

pls

Heycalvero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hankrazorbeard: I thought that was an elegant way of saying that the baby died, which would probably end up happening anyway. Spoiler from the comic: Judith dies pretty horribly and no other baby is introduced. Babies don't survive.

I hope it's Kenny. Gonna find out soon enough!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.