Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Apr 16, 2013

A first-person survival horror game and prequel to the horror drama television series The Walking Dead, telling the tale of hunter Daryl Dixon as he travels through the rural U.S.A. with his brother, Merle, during the beginning of the zombie outbreak.

Before this game releases

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just want to say, primarily to the uninformed gamer crowd, that budget fps titles are not a new phenomenon with Activision, inbetween their AAA titles such as call of duty they frequently release lower budget games that run the gambit of "generic fps". Jurassic the Hunted is one example. So before anyone embarrasses them selves by trying to be the "first" guy on a message board to hammer this game when it's activision operating as predicted and expected I recommend that you reconsider that position. Maybe educate yourself on activisions business practicses dating back several years before saying something stupid.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Cameron

They don't promote those though. That is, they don't even pretend that anyone cares about Jurassic the Hunted. People care about The Walking Dead franchise and Activision is doing it a diservice if they put out a bad game. Also, I'm pretty sure they are selling this for $49.99, which means people should hammer it if it's not as good as comparably priced shooters.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like you. However, regardless of your logic we'll have 10 threads dissing the game for being bad :)

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I don't think the uninformed gamer crowd visits giantbomb.com/forums. The uninformed gamer crowd is not complaining about this game at all, they are actually pretty psyched for it. Just take a visit to YouTube or gamestop.com.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Funkydupe

If something smells like crap, it is probably crap or a crap equivalent. Until we check we won't ever truly know for sure. If someone wants to discuss the game after its release, be it the uninformed, a world-lexicon of gaming, a guru of the digital world or just some random guy, let them. Yes, some might even criticize it positively or badly depending on what they think of it, and they are perfectly allowed to do so, even if the game was or wasn't intended to be cheap and shitty from the day development began.

Not being stamped AAA doesn't and shouldn't prevent your game from getting the reception it in any case deserves.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfgame said:

So before anyone embarrasses them selves by trying to be the "first" guy on a message board to hammer this game when it's activision operating as predicted and expected I recommend that you reconsider that position. Maybe educate yourself on activisions business practicses dating back several years before saying something stupid.

Sounds like you're trying to be the first guy to hammer the game, duder. That's cool. Gotta get the jump on the Johnny-come-lately forum commenters and all that by jumping the gun. I understand.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfgame said:

So before anyone embarrasses them selves by trying to be the "first" guy on a message board to hammer this game when it's activision operating as predicted and expected I recommend that you reconsider that position. Maybe educate yourself on activisions business practicses dating back several years before saying something stupid.

Sounds like you're trying to be the first guy to hammer the game, duder. That's cool. Gotta get the jump on the Johnny-come-lately forum commenters and all that by jumping the gun. I understand.

I didn't bash the game at all, I am simply saying if you approach this games release with proper knowledge of Activisions business practices much of the serious rage that will likely ensue can be avoided. If you think I am here to simply bash the game than you have misjudged the purpose of this post.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Been watching a dude play it on Twitch. It looks awful, but there are still people in the chat saying "OMG, I'm gettin' this, I love me some Walking Dead!"

This will sell just on the popularity of the show, people will walk into Best Buy and pick it up just because they have an Xbox/PS3 and watch the show.

Hell, some of them will tell their friends about how great it is, because Merle and Daryl are in it.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bashing this game shouldn't be discouraged. An educated guess is never shameful. The only thing awaiting me is the possibility of being pleasantly surprised. But I wont be, because it will be balls.

Dchao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dchao

Who even asked for this game? I've never really thought of The Walking Dead as an FPS game. It'll sell either way though.

What's the point.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think the uninformed gamer crowd visits giantbomb.com/forums. The uninformed gamer crowd is not complaining about this game at all, they are actually pretty psyched for it. Just take a visit to YouTube or gamestop.com.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

lol "Telltale's game had intentionally bad graphics and got Game of the Year!".

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Activision's really running interference on this today, aren't they?

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Chibithor

Aren't budget titles usually supposed to be cheaper?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.