400 Days of Rage: Save bug hit after I beat the game

#1 Edited by mrcool11 (469 posts) -

So I beat The Walking Dead on January 25th of this year according to my Steam achievements and the latest SAVE file in my Documents/TelltaleGames/TheWalkingDead folder. However, upon launching the game to get into 400 Days, it placed my save somewhere in Episode 3, with apparently no decisions made for Episodes 4 and 5.

I've attempted having my prefs.prop file go from place to place, although I only ever found the one that was with all my save files Documents/TelltaleGames/TheWalkingDead folder. I've also yet to actually go to the game itself starting at episode 3. What is my play here? Will a steam uninstall/reinstall do anything? It bears mentioning that I refused to play Mass Effect 3 for a year because of the minor bug in which faces that started in Mass Effect 1 would not import at the beginning. I am not a reasonable man.

Also, I am aware that the 400 Days probably doesn't take the choices from the first season in a big way, this is more prep for season 2, and I'd rather not play 400 Days on a different save file.

#2 Posted by Jay_Ray (1127 posts) -

@mrcool11: Start from the save if you want your choices. For whatever reason my save file is gone from my PC so I have to play it again, which sucks since the gameplay was so long and tedious the first time.

#3 Posted by ToTheNines (833 posts) -

Just played through it, dosent to have anything to do with season 1 at all. Except for one reference that I can think of, but thats not about any player choice made in season 1. You can just play it.

#4 Posted by mrcool11 (469 posts) -

Sadly, in order to get to that episode I must "Generate story for skipped episodes" which would then leave me with a save that is all my decisions until the train in episode 3, then a load of randomly generated ones until the 400 Days. You have to realize that I am not sane when it comes to these decision-managing things. My canon must live on.

#5 Posted by warpr (91 posts) -

I'd say make a backup of your entire walking dead folder (I like right-click, send to -> zip), and then figure out which is the correct prefs.prop file, move that to the correct place and remove all the others.

I posted about my save game issues for the original episodes here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.