Am I the only one who actually thinks this could be good?

• 55 results
#1 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

Almost all my friends have said that they won't even try this game. And all the readers on IGN say this game will be crap on all comments on the articles for this game.

Maybe its just because I am a fan of old style adventure games, but I actually think this game could be interesting and I am looking forward to trying it out.

What about you fellow GB users, what do you think?

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Based on what I've heard from the Telltale half of Idle Thumbs, they're aware of the criticisms of their previous attempt at something like this (Jurassic Park) and are actively working to ensure it extra doesn't suck.

#3 Edited by Kidavenger (3582 posts) -

I love Walking Dead comics and show, so I'm definitely on board for this; though I do admit I'm not to keen on Telltale's typical games other than Puzzle Agent.

Gary Whitta was on an episode of Gameon talking about the game, it sounds good.

http://twit.tv/show/game-on/8

#4 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

I'm still a bit skeptical if they can pull this off. Jurassic Park still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

#5 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

I bought Jurassic Park in good faith before the reviews came out and got burned pretty bad.

#6 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

@TentPole: I never really had a good feeling about Jurrasic park though so I came out of that one without a scratch and I am giving them a little bit of hope on this one.

#7 Posted by phrali (646 posts) -

it's a point and click adventure game.

why do they keep making these things?

#8 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

@phrali said:

Some people like them?

#9 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@phrali said:

Because people like them? Because there's money to be had in making them?

#10 Posted by Ducksworth (662 posts) -

I have my fair share of issues with the trailer they released but I'm optimistic. I didn't play Jurrasic Park but enjoyed their take on Monkey Island as well as the Sam & Max games.

#11 Posted by Marz (5658 posts) -

Didn't Gary Whitta work on the story for this game?  Seems like it will be alright with him on board.

#12 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@phrali said:

What a stupid fucking question. Go away.

And no, OP. You're not the only one. I think there are quite a few people excited to get their hands on this. Myself included.

#13 Posted by Tearhead (2177 posts) -

I'm excited for this game. Have to admit, I didn't give a crap when they first announced it, but after watching and falling in love with the show, I'm ready to eat up any more Walking Dead you can throw at me. I won't read the comic books, though...

#14 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -
#15 Posted by Coafi (1490 posts) -

No, dude you are not the only one. No one is ever the only one. I am also waiting for this to come out, I think it's going to be great. Telltale does some good stuff with point and click.

#16 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

I'm getting really sick of seeing that image.

#17 Posted by BeachThunder (12086 posts) -

I think it seems promising. JP felt like an interesting experiment to me, so hopefully they take those ideas and iron out the kinks.

#18 Posted by Kidavenger (3582 posts) -

@Tearhead said:

I'm excited for this game. Have to admit, I didn't give a crap when they first announced it, but after watching and falling in love with the show, I'm ready to eat up any more Walking Dead you can throw at me. I won't read the comic books, though...

You are missing out, they are popular enough now that I bet you could find the TPBs in any library now.

#19 Posted by SSValis (1136 posts) -

@AngelN7: and you're the only person to post that meme.

See what I did there?

#20 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I'm optimistic, it looked like it could be cool from the trailer.

#21 Posted by Voxus (342 posts) -

I was until I played Jurassic Park.

#22 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

i enjoyed back to the future, so i'm excited. even if it isn't that great i'll probably still enjoy it.. i mean, as terrible as the walking dead series can be, i still watch.

#23 Posted by pantzing_nome (583 posts) -

I'm looking forward to it I like the walking dead plus having the game be released for 400 points is a nice touch.

#24 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

@AngelN7 said:

I know this. thank you mister literal.

@Coafi: Obviously I am not the only one who is, It was just a way to start a topic to see who else was interested in this game.

#25 Posted by TobbRobb (4732 posts) -

@senorfuzzeh: Deep down they know this, It just seems that phrase is a pet peeve around here, I kinda find it annoying actually. Not gonna call anyone out on it though.

#26 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

@TobbRobb: Thanks, I'll keep that in mind...

#27 Posted by TheWholeDamnShow (232 posts) -

They could make The Walking Dead anal beads and I would buy that shit.

#28 Posted by Winternet (8025 posts) -

Well, the devs think this game could be good, so no, you're not the only one.

#29 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

It looks good.

#30 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1325 posts) -

@AngelN7: am I the only one that played the first few episodes of Monkey Island and thought they were decent but sometimes boring, didn't play anything else other than Puzzla Agent and loved it, and is interested in this Walking Dead game? Looks serviceable at least, the setting and everything else about it looks to lend itself well and whatever you think of the Jurassic Park game and other recent telltale games it's still easy to see Telltale are kinda great at doing what they wanna do.

#31 Posted by ProfessorEss (7450 posts) -

@senorfuzzeh said:

Maybe its just because I am a fan of old style adventure games...

Is this even like an old style adventure game? Everything I've seen makes it look like a series of quicktime events.

#32 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

@AngelN7 said:

#33 Posted by Morningstar (2187 posts) -

@TheWholeDamnShow said:

They could make The Walking Dead anal beads and I would buy that shit.

Pray they dont.

#34 Posted by LiquidElite (88 posts) -
#35 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Well I liked back to the future. I'll give it a chance.

#36 Posted by andriv (257 posts) -

they have said that this is not a quick time event driven game. It sounds like a very story and repercussion heavy game. The story will probably be a bigger focus than the gameplay.

I haven't seen a single gameplay video, just screens, and can't wait to play it.

Don't touch my knee

#37 Posted by Syndrom (361 posts) -

@Tearhead said:

read the comicbooks.

So much better then the show.

#38 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2498 posts) -

Do you click the zombies to kill them?

#39 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

First couple reviews just came in, and it looks like the game is actually doing pretty well for itself. Pretty excited for it to come out tomorrow, all though it is a bit weird that every different gaming system has different prices...

#40 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

I'm really looking forward to it.

#41 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (498 posts) -

@senorfuzzeh said:

readers on IGN

Oh boy.

#42 Posted by Kri0s (87 posts) -

I think it has potential, The universe and art style of The Walking Dead are a perfect fit for a tell tale game

#43 Edited by killacam (1284 posts) -

should reviews not be up for this?!

EDIT: review(s) is/are up/down/all-around

DOUBLE EDIT: it's by greg miller...

#44 Posted by Redbullet685 (6054 posts) -

Was a bit skeptical after seeing how Jurassic Park came out, but after seeing the 8.5 from IGN, I'll totally be getting this tomorrow.

#45 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I love "am I the only one" topics.

#46 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

@Unknown_Pleasures: Yes, yes. We've already discussed that I am an idiot for making that the title.

Maybe if you would have read the forum a little bit rather than jumping the gun...

Now whose the idiot. Hm?

#47 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@senorfuzzeh: Why so hostile? For you information, I did read ahead and noticed that people will jumping down your throat for the title.....that's the reason I said I love these type of threads, because people are touchy over these type of titles and they always overreact.

Maybe if you wouldn't have jumped the gun and started making assumptions and started calling names...

#48 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

@Unknown_Pleasures: Well I guess I did jump the gun. probably because I was a bit tired of everyone being so touchy that I jumped on you.

Apologies.

#49 Posted by Hector (3365 posts) -

I've already pre-ordered it on Steam. Can't wait till tomorrow to play it!

#50 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

Sounds like this turned out pretty well, Jurassic Park be damned.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.