Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Any choices you've immediately regretted? (Spoilers!)

• 66 results
    wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

#1  Edited By wumbo3000

I've never felt so shitty in my life after choosing to kill Larry. Seriously, after thinking about it, I felt like the ultimate hypocrite because I sided with Kenny when Larry thought Duck was bitten. I was this close to restarting Ep. 2 just to save Larry because I felt so bad.

But then again, if Duck had become a zombie, he probably could have been easily taken care of. Larry, on the other hand, would've been a force to be reckon with.

AHHH GOD I HATE THIS GAME SO MUCH!

...But holy shit is it good.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By gaminghooligan

I tried in vain to save him, shit got dark after that... my Lee went from a nice guy to one angry motherfucker lol.

really liking this game.

hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By hugh_jazz

Killing the guy with the pitchfork. When I realized Clem had been watching, I was mortified. I just felt like I needed to do some bad shit since Kenny started thinking of me as a weakling.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Terramagi

I let Clem eat Mark because I felt the need to make a soylent green joke.

Still going to let it ride.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Marz

I regret giving beef jerky to mark... cuz he ends up dying anyways... what a waste of food!

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6  Edited By GS_Dan

@Marz said:

I regret giving beef jerky to mark... cuz he ends up dying anyways... what a waste of food!

Haha I did the same. Otherwise, NO REGRETS.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By probablytuna

At the end of Episode 1... "I'm gonna fucking murder Larry if I ever get the chance". At the end of Episode 2... "I'm gonna fucking murder Kenny if I ever get the chance". God damn it Telltale, you're awesome.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By FluxWaveZ

No, I've not made any decision I've immediately regretted yet (though not choosing to take the supplies in the car at the end of episode 2 came close). However, I did regret a decision I made in episode 1 when I discovered in episode 2 that you didn't become a zombie by being bitten but simply by dying. It was when I gave the gun to the lady that was freaking out because she thought she was going to become a zombie and wanted to end it before that happened.

valiantgrizzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By valiantgrizzly

I don't know why everyone playing this decides to use Clem as their moral compass. I get that her character is there to provide someone who will react to every decision you make with childlike innocence, but GODDAMNIT I'm going to stab a motherfucker who ate my buddy with a pitchfork. Deal with it.

Not to mention the car supplies. It's the zombie apocalypse, not a picknick. If someone's stupid enough to leave their shit lying around without supervision, of course I'm going to do whatever I need to do to keep my friends and myself alive.

I did feel kind of bad about Larry, but then I decided 'fuck Larry'. Dude knew my secret. It's better this way.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By stonyman65

I REGRET NOTHING.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ShaneDev

I was one of the few who choose Doug over Carley and regretted it straight away. I kinda thought there was no way the zombie could kill her by just holding on to her leg but then another one came strolling in. However,by the second episode I really don't regret it and I think Doug is actually pretty funny and useful to the group. I have no idea what Carley is like in Ep 2 though. On the other hand with Carley and Larry dead no one in the group knows that I am a convicted murder, so that's a plus. I am getting use to just making shitty decisions and sticking with them because of how this game works. It's refreshing actually since most other games just let you load it back and try again. Its a great game and I can't wait for the next episode.

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By alexpiercey

I felt immediately regretful after killing the guy in the barn with the pitchfork. One, since Clem saw and was pretty freaked out. And two, seeing Andy(?) so devastated when he realized that his brother and mom had died. I kind of wanted to kill him just to put him out of his misery, but I felt that Clem was freaked out enough as is. I kind of felt bad after having to kill Larry, but pretty much only because I know that Lily(?) is going to be a pain to deal with.

P.S. I loved that, when everybody is leaving the farm and the camera pulls back, you can see the zombified mom walking on the front lawn. Such a cool touch.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By tim_the_corsair

No, not really.

I felt like shit about several things (Herschel's son, Doug, killing Larry, killing the brothers in front of Clem), but I feel like everything was done according to my moral compass And/or what needed to be done.

Larry tried to kill me, for example, and was completely unreliable; he wasn't worth the risk.

BamBamBradley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BamBamBradley

Not at all cause I'm playing it on XBLA and PSN and make alternate decisions.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By AndrewB

Nope! I'm actually perfectly content with my decisions so far. The only thing I'm not sure about is that first situation of protecting Clementine in the first episode (getting attacked by a zombie from the bathroom) where I guess I failed to do anything? But I frantically searched the screen and didn't see anything to interact with (I have the decision hints/interactable objects turned off). I can only guess you aren't supposed to be able to do anything there?

I'm focusing on Clementine, which I think is actually going to do you some harm with other characters in the long run. The end of Episode 2 is the first sign of that actually being the case. I've also not harmed anyone but a couple of zambys so far. Going for a pacifist Lee.

Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bravestar

choosing "it's people!" :(

Zenogiasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Zenogiasu

I tried to get the guy free from the bear trap at the beginning of Episode Two, but it didn't occur to me to chop off his leg until much too late. I even went to try cut down the tree, durr. I'm an idiot. Apparently he bites it soon afterwards anyways, so whatever. But I did briefly consider restarting.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tesla

I ran out of time before the last hack at bear trap guy's leg. So I messed his leg up good, then left him to die.

Then when I got to the save/kill Larry part I hesitated too long and chose neither option. The thing I like about this game is neither situation worked out like I wanted, but instead of reloading a save I just accepted the consequence and moved on.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By craigbo180

@BamBamBradley: That sounds like the absolute worst.

Johnnboy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Johnnboy2000

I regret all of them.

orange_pork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By orange_pork

@Terramagi said:

I let Clem eat Mark because I felt the need to make a soylent green joke.

Still going to let it ride.

Same. Totally worth it.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By TheHT

@gaminghooligan said:

I tried in vain to save him, shit got dark after that... my Lee went from a nice guy to one angry motherfucker lol.

really liking this game.

He breathed. He breated! But then splat!

My Lee, like yours, was not pleased. Fuck Kenny.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gizmo

I miss Lilly. Crazy bitch gone and took the R.V, but I still miss her.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By Red

Clementine asked what I was going to do to Duck, and I gave her an ellipses. She then told me not to talk down to her, and that she knew what was really happening.

I don't really regret any other decisions, though. The sunny disposition idealist I play in all games seems to be working decently for my conscience.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Milkman

I kind of regretted helping Kenny kill Larry at first but looking back, there's no way I could risk having Clem trapped in a room with a zombie Larry. If she wasn't there, it would have been different. On top of that, with the way that Larry treated me like shit and Lily killing Carley, fuck that whole family. No regrets. 

Weird_Pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Weird_Pete
    Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Terramagi

I regret not telling Kenny to go fuck himself.

Also, maybe keeping Lilly around after she shot Doug. My logic in this was that I KNEW what was going to happen: I was hoping I could prevent it. Sadly, this isn't the case. All roads lead to Woodbury, as it were.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Letting Ben go was a mistake, but not as big a mistake as yelling "no!" to Clem when she asked to give her input regarding Ben staying in the group.

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Sbaitso

I wish I had been straight with Clem on telling her we couldn't risk looking for her parents. I didn't have the guts to tell her straight(gave her an ellipses) when she asked on that last day. I had been kind of upholding this fantasy of her finding them because of my answers when she would ask about it, and then I couldn't tell her the truth when it was finally time to. I felt like such a coward afterword. I wish I could have kept Carley around(even though it is my understanding that this isn't possible) since she was one of the only level headed characters. Kenny has become a problem, he kind of always has been but there were enough sensible people around to diffuse him, not so much anymore.

unequivocable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By unequivocable

I regret dropping Ben. He was annoying me and he wanted me to leave him, so I did, but then when I saw the Who Came With You at the end and I realized I could have saved him, then I felt bad.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Baillie

That fucking 'who could have came with you' thing at the end is utter motherfucking bullshit. Knowing I would have got everyone to come with me if I didn't drop Ben? God damn it. I thought if I was to try and save him, someone else would have died, and everyone else seems way more capable than Ben, so I just assumed it would be the best choice and the fact he seems to understand the reasoning behind it.

NOW CLEMENTINE WON'T GIVE ME A FUCKING HUG.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#32  Edited By Phatmac

I regret leaving Clem st home. I should've realized that she was a big help instead of a liability.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#33  Edited By LackingSaint

@Baillie said:

That fucking 'who could have came with you' thing at the end is utter motherfucking bullshit. Knowing I would have got everyone to come with me if I didn't drop Ben? God damn it. I thought if I was to try and save him, someone else would have died, and everyone else seems way more capable than Ben, so I just assumed it would be the best choice and the fact he seems to understand the reasoning behind it.

I dunno man, that doesn't really seem like "bullshit". You kind of did choose to drop a teenager off of a bell tower, i'd feel weird trusting you too.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Baillie

@LackingSaint said:

@Baillie said:

I dunno man, that doesn't really seem like "bullshit". You kind of did choose to drop a teenager off of a bell tower, i'd feel weird trusting you too.

Yo, fuck Ben. He left Clementine alone too many times. Especially that point in the street where he blatantly runs away and leaves her by herself. Fuck him.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By JasonR86

At the end of episode 4 when I reached for the walkie talkie rather then the garbage pile. Fuck.

Iceland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Iceland

I regret not being able to kill Kenny. That fucking bastard. After everything I've done for him, he doesn't come with me to look for Clem.

Froghourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Froghourt

@JasonR86: Would that actually change anything? I tried to press the garbage pile around 5 times, but nothing seemed to happen, so I just picked up the walkie talkie.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bane122

It wasn't a choice but when Molly gets atttacked near the end of Crawford I couldn't save her. Oh, I shot at the zombie a few times but the janky fps stuff made every shot a miss. Kinds pissed me off when the game then said I left her behind. Either way I rolled with it as I figured sometimes you try to do something in real life and it doesn't work out so that was the case here. I wasn't even sure you could save her until watching the D-toid stream with Gary last week.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By C0V3RT

I regret abstaining my vote in the school when we were deciding what to do with Ben. I should have stuck up for him after Clem did.

I also regret me telling Clem we probably wouldn't have had time to look for her parents because the plan changed. I know it wouldn't have impacted any outcome, but I felt like a real shit-bag for pulling that swerve.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#40  Edited By JasonR86

@Froghourt said:

@JasonR86: Would that actually change anything? I tried to press the garbage pile around 5 times, but nothing seemed to happen, so I just picked up the walkie talkie.

I doubt it. I think the outcome was set no matter what happened. But I still thought I fucked up as soon as Lee was attacked.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By CL60

@Froghourt said:

I clicked on the garbage pile. If you do you get a slightly different cutscene. Pretty sure you still get bit, but it looks like a board falls over and cuts Lee rather than a bite.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Nottle

@Bane122 said:

It wasn't a choice but when Molly gets atttacked near the end of Crawford I couldn't save her. Oh, I shot at the zombie a few times but the janky fps stuff made every shot a miss. Kinds pissed me off when the game then said I left her behind. Either way I rolled with it as I figured sometimes you try to do something in real life and it doesn't work out so that was the case here. I wasn't even sure you could save her until watching the D-toid stream with Gary last week.

You should have brought Clem with you. Before I could even get a bead on the zombie, Clem shot it.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ShadyPingu

@C0V3RT said:

I also regret me telling Clem we probably wouldn't have had time to look for her parents because the plan changed. I know it wouldn't have impacted any outcome, but I felt like a real shit-bag for pulling that swerve.

God, that part was agonizing. I said the same thing, and I literally teared up when Clem started crying.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By pyrodactyl

@Marz said:

that

And I killed Ben, I murdered a damn kid. A clumsy fuck up who was asking for it but it was a well meaning foolish kid.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By donchipotle

I let Clem eat the people.

Froghourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Froghourt

@CL60 said:

@Froghourt said:

I clicked on the garbage pile. If you do you get a slightly different cutscene. Pretty sure you still get bit, but it looks like a board falls over and cuts Lee rather than a bite.

It really looks like a bite though, at least that's how I saw it.

unavailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By unavailable

I felt bad about killing Larry or whatever his name was, Lily's dad. So I went back and redid that part.

I also felt bad about dropping Ben, but that was an accident. For some reason I thought I selected to pull him up and instead dropped him. Went back and fixed that, too.

ALSO, I didn't realize that leaving Clem behind in Episode 4 meant it was just her and Omid or whatever his name is. Leaving a little girl to guard a sick guy who wasn't going to help her. I assumed with all the people there that at least one adult was staying behind and that it was the safer option for her.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#48  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I didn't really regret any choices until the end of episode four. I wish I hadn't let Ben die, and when I saw that I was one of only 6% of people that decided to go it alone in episode five, I wished I had brought some people along with me.

munkyhanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By munkyhanger

All of them. It's a bitch to discipline yourself not to go back. I'm hiding this bite you abandoning muthas

Poppy_Persona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Poppy_Persona

I regret calling Kenny a Bastard in Ep 5 I thought it would be in a jokey way but he looked hurt :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.