Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Any choices you've immediately regretted? (Spoilers!)

• 66 results
    Chtasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Chtasm

Making Kenny shoot Duck.

It was sort of an accident because I ran out of time. I was redeemed in Ep. 5 when you talk with Kenny on top of the Hospital and he mentions that he's thankful for making him shoot Duck and that he can say he was his son's savior.

Subbeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Subbeh

Stealing the supplies from the car, I figured the owners were probably dead but it was Clem's reaction that had me regretting my choice. Morally I had no issues taking what we needed to survive but I hate letting her down.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Spoonman671

Kenny was my boy.  Even though him sacrificing himself for Ben isn't actually a choice (I don't think), I still wish I had fought him harder on the issue.  It just felt pointless afterwards.  We could have easily shot Ben and both gotten the fuck out of there.

Bobafeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Bobafeet
    koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By koolaid

2 things I regret:

Not chopping through the teacher's leg right away. I coulda saved him if I could have made the tough choices faster....

Shooting that girl in the head at the start of ep. 3. I immediately regretted that one. When Kenny said to not do it, it was almost a "fuck you Kenny" moment for me. But once I pulled the trigger... I was "oh shit... That was a bad choice."

It's interesting both these choices occurred at the start of episodes. I felt like I learned something from them, and applied it to the "real" choices. I learned that you got to make the tough choices in order to survive.

Sorry Ben... But you killed yourself.

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By koolaid

Holy shit! I didn't realize there was this whole scene where you can choose to drop Ben or pull him up! I just didn't shoot the zombie grabbing him. I wonder of the already small percentage of people who dropped Ben, how many dropped him and how many let the zombie get him.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By VisariLoyalist

yes! I totally regret stabbing that one guy with the pitchfork. I had no idea clementine would be watching I thought I was protecting her by doing that turns out I was the one she needed shelter from exposing her to such horrible actions.

weavminas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By weavminas

I shouldn't have cut off Lee's arm but, mistakes are sometimes made.I made that choice because it's a video game and I wanted to see that side of the story.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#60  Edited By jonnyboy

The one time I thought I could be a dick and get away with it was the pitchfork. Man I felt bad for that one.

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

Yea the larry one got me. I felt like a complete asswhole afterwards and kept thinking: "I coulda handled that better".

TzarStefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By TzarStefan

No regrets, I made all the bad choices on purpose to see how well they made the game. Bad thing happen anyway...

envox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By envox

Regret dropping Ben.

I stuck by him until then, he asked to be let go, he'd been such a fuck up all the way, seemed like a save Ben but someone else dies situation, so for the good of the tight group, the closing of the walkers, I did it. Also you had the boat numbers and thought about that too. Soon after though Molly announces she's going it alone after being adamant so wants on the boat, so there was room for Ben after all. Ultimately I thought Ben was too much of a liability and what swayed me was how he legged it and left Clem to fend for herself in the street despite all the chances I gave.

One thing that irked me was early on I wanted to just help the guy with the bear trap and let Ben and his two friends go on their way but I end cutting some guys leg off who ends up bleeding to death, Ben's mate or whatever dies during. Me intervening just made a right mess and I was stuck with Ben no matter.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Ravenlight

I regret ever being nice to Ben. Fuck that guy.

Saw my opportunity to cut him loose and I took it.

FrankieSpankie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By FrankieSpankie

No, I think I made all the right choices (in my mind).

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Karkarov

@ValiantGrizzly said:

I don't know why everyone playing this decides to use Clem as their moral compass. I get that her character is there to provide someone who will react to every decision you make with childlike innocence, but GODDAMNIT I'm going to stab a motherfucker who ate my buddy with a pitchfork. Deal with it. Not to mention the car supplies. It's the zombie apocalypse, not a picknick. If someone's stupid enough to leave their shit lying around without supervision, of course I'm going to do whatever I need to do to keep my friends and myself alive. I did feel kind of bad about Larry, but then I decided 'fuck Larry'. Dude knew my secret. It's better this way.

Seriously. I spend 90% of the game saying "uh Clementine... no offense but it is the f'ing zombie apocalypse. It sucks but grow up. When I didn't kill brother two the game can assume whatever it wants about my motives. I didn't give two craps about whether it would have scarred Clementine. I simply felt letting the zombies eat him was the worse way to die and served as poetic justice.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Would Kenny still jump down through the hole to get the walkie talkie if I said forget about it?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.