Black protagonist

  • 196 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#1 Posted by Rasmoss (433 posts) -

A thing I like about this game is that it is one of the few games around that has a black main character. The only other examples I can think of off the top of my head ar GTA: San Andreas and the 50 cent games, which play into some typical gangsta sterotypes.

He is just a dude, who happens to be black, and he is totally relatable to anyone who plays the game regardsless of their race. It just shows that there is plenty of room for games to go outside the standard buzzcut white dude character that seem to be the default for a lot of games.

#2 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2990 posts) -

Is there a concept page for black main character? Or is that too racist to exist as a thing? hrm...

#3 Posted by LaserGreen (51 posts) -

Generally video games have a problem when depicting diversity among main characters, especially the player character, apparently for marketing reasons. Personally I find it insulting that it is assumed I can't relate to any depiction of a human being regardless of race or gender because they somehow 'differ' from myself. We're not idiots, and I don't like the implication inherent to the problem.

#4 Posted by SharkEthic (1004 posts) -

I don't see color.

#5 Posted by BeachThunder (11695 posts) -
#6 Posted by Soap (3564 posts) -

@LaserGreen said:

Generally video games have a problem when depicting diversity among main characters, especially the player character, apparently for marketing reasons. Personally I find it insulting that it is assumed I can't relate to any depiction of a human being regardless of race or gender because they somehow 'differ' from myself. We're not idiots, and I don't like the implication inherent to the problem.

I agree, I'm currently playing Gravity Rush and I'm having no problem relating to the story, and last I checked I wasn't a blonde girl who could defy gravity... I think

#7 Posted by mellotronrules (1172 posts) -

yeah- this is one of the unsung triumphs of this game. it isn't the first game to feature a non-white character, but it's the first i can think of that doesn't underscore that fact either. it just is, and that's the way it should be.

#8 Posted by Rasmoss (433 posts) -

@mellotronrules said:

yeah- this is one of the unsung triumphs of this game. it isn't the first game to feature a non-white character, but it's the first i can think of that doesn't underscore that fact either. it just is, and that's the way it should be.

Exactly. He is neither villified or made a saint. He is a flawed character who has done some questionable things, but that just makes him human and relatable.

#9 Posted by SharkEthic (1004 posts) -

YAY POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!

Just a thing, are any of you guys even black? Like with women in gaming, men seem to make the biggest deal out of the lack of female protagonists. Where is the outcry by the black community for more black people in gaming?

@Rasmoss said:

He is just a dude, who happens to be black, and he is totally relatable to anyone who plays the game regardsless of their race.

It's almost like he's...dare I say...human? We need to get past these issues, dudes. We have a black president, I think that's a deffinet indication that black people "won the war". Let's stop celebrating political correctness for the sake of celebrating political correctness.

#10 Posted by Landon (4130 posts) -

@Soap said:

@LaserGreen said:

Generally video games have a problem when depicting diversity among main characters, especially the player character, apparently for marketing reasons. Personally I find it insulting that it is assumed I can't relate to any depiction of a human being regardless of race or gender because they somehow 'differ' from myself. We're not idiots, and I don't like the implication inherent to the problem.

I agree, I'm currently playing Gravity Rush and I'm having no problem relating to the story, and last I checked I wasn't a blonde girl who could defy gravity... I think

Well I am, and I gotta say that Gravity Rush is downright offensive.

#11 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@SharkEthic said:

YAY POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!

Just a thing, are any of you guys even black? Like with women in gaming, men seem to make the biggest deal out of the lack of female protagonists. Where is the outcry by the black community for more black people in gaming?

@Rasmoss said:

He is just a dude, who happens to be black, and he is totally relatable to anyone who plays the game regardsless of their race.

It's almost like he's...dare I say...human? We need to get past these issues, dudes. We have a black president, I think that's a deffinet indication that black people "won the war". Let's stop celebrating political correctness for the sake of celebrating political correctness.

the fuck does that even mean? all anyone is saying that he's a good protagonist who isn't a saint or a villain who just happens to be black, which is very rare in video games.

#12 Edited by SharkEthic (1004 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@SharkEthic said:

YAY POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!

Just a thing, are any of you guys even black? Like with women in gaming, men seem to make the biggest deal out of the lack of female protagonists. Where is the outcry by the black community for more black people in gaming?

@Rasmoss said:

He is just a dude, who happens to be black, and he is totally relatable to anyone who plays the game regardsless of their race.

It's almost like he's...dare I say...human? We need to get past these issues, dudes. We have a black president, I think that's a deffinet indication that black people "won the war". Let's stop celebrating political correctness for the sake of celebrating political correctness.

the fuck does that even mean? all anyone is saying that he's a good protagonist who isn't a saint or a villain who just happens to be black, which is very rare in video games.

Why the fuck does it matter that he's black?

Edit: "all anyone is saying"? I seem to recall the fact that he's black being called "one of the unsung triumphs of this game" just a few comments above.

#13 Edited by Rasmoss (433 posts) -

@SharkEthic said:

@Animasta said:

@SharkEthic said:

YAY POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!

Just a thing, are any of you guys even black? Like with women in gaming, men seem to make the biggest deal out of the lack of female protagonists. Where is the outcry by the black community for more black people in gaming?

@Rasmoss said:

He is just a dude, who happens to be black, and he is totally relatable to anyone who plays the game regardsless of their race.

It's almost like he's...dare I say...human? We need to get past these issues, dudes. We have a black president, I think that's a deffinet indication that black people "won the war". Let's stop celebrating political correctness for the sake of celebrating political correctness.

the fuck does that even mean? all anyone is saying that he's a good protagonist who isn't a saint or a villain who just happens to be black, which is very rare in video games.

Why the fuck does it matter that he's black?

Edit: "all anyone is saying"? I seem to recall the fact that he's black being called "one of the unsung triumphs of this game" just a few comments above.

Saying that there isn't issues with depicting race in video games is fucking stupid.

And I'm white, but I want dev stories to be able to step out of the very limited palette they use regarding main characters because it limits the possibilities for story telling.

And it's not like race doesn't play into the Walking Dead story either. The fact that Lee is a black man who is also upper middle class and well-educated, while Kenny is a white man who is working class, adds a subtle undercurrent to their relationship that is all the better for not being pushed front and centre.

#14 Posted by SharkEthic (1004 posts) -

@Rasmoss said:

@SharkEthic said:

@Animasta said:

@SharkEthic said:

YAY POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!

Just a thing, are any of you guys even black? Like with women in gaming, men seem to make the biggest deal out of the lack of female protagonists. Where is the outcry by the black community for more black people in gaming?

@Rasmoss said:

He is just a dude, who happens to be black, and he is totally relatable to anyone who plays the game regardsless of their race.

It's almost like he's...dare I say...human? We need to get past these issues, dudes. We have a black president, I think that's a deffinet indication that black people "won the war". Let's stop celebrating political correctness for the sake of celebrating political correctness.

the fuck does that even mean? all anyone is saying that he's a good protagonist who isn't a saint or a villain who just happens to be black, which is very rare in video games.

Why the fuck does it matter that he's black?

Edit: "all anyone is saying"? I seem to recall the fact that he's black being called "one of the unsung triumphs of this game" just a few comments above.

Saying that there isn't issues with depicting race in video games is fucking stupid.

And I'm white, but I want dev stories to be able to step out of the very limited palette they use regarding main characters because it limits the possibilities for story telling.

And it's not like race doesn't play into the Walking Dead story either. The fact that Lee is a black man who is also upper middle class and well-educated, while Kenny is a white man who is working class, adds a subtle undercurrent to their relationship that is all the better for not being pushed front and centre.

What issues? Where? Who has an issue with race depiction in video games? If it's so fucking stupid, please point it out.

That being said, I couldn't agree with the last sentence more, but why celebrate this fact? I got all the subtle undertones while playing through the game, but praising a game for having chosen a black main character seems - to me - archaic and unnecessary.

#15 Edited by HistoryInRust (6274 posts) -

The game handled it well by not directing undue attention to it. Larry's character functions as a sort of totem pole for that dynamic, and through him the developers are waving at us saying, "Yo, we're aware of the territory we're breaching." And they leave it at that. It's tactful. Smartly done.

#16 Posted by SharkEthic (1004 posts) -

@HistoryInRust: You sir, just summed up all I'm trying to say in an eloquent, tactful manner. Well done.

#17 Edited by Maajin (1052 posts) -

He's not black, he's urban!

I really love Lee, I hope we get to play as another unconventional protagonist in Season 2!

#18 Posted by Rasmoss (433 posts) -

@SharkEthic said:

@Rasmoss said:

@SharkEthic said:

@Animasta said:

@SharkEthic said:

YAY POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!

Just a thing, are any of you guys even black? Like with women in gaming, men seem to make the biggest deal out of the lack of female protagonists. Where is the outcry by the black community for more black people in gaming?

@Rasmoss said:

He is just a dude, who happens to be black, and he is totally relatable to anyone who plays the game regardsless of their race.

It's almost like he's...dare I say...human? We need to get past these issues, dudes. We have a black president, I think that's a deffinet indication that black people "won the war". Let's stop celebrating political correctness for the sake of celebrating political correctness.

the fuck does that even mean? all anyone is saying that he's a good protagonist who isn't a saint or a villain who just happens to be black, which is very rare in video games.

Why the fuck does it matter that he's black?

Edit: "all anyone is saying"? I seem to recall the fact that he's black being called "one of the unsung triumphs of this game" just a few comments above.

Saying that there isn't issues with depicting race in video games is fucking stupid.

And I'm white, but I want dev stories to be able to step out of the very limited palette they use regarding main characters because it limits the possibilities for story telling.

And it's not like race doesn't play into the Walking Dead story either. The fact that Lee is a black man who is also upper middle class and well-educated, while Kenny is a white man who is working class, adds a subtle undercurrent to their relationship that is all the better for not being pushed front and centre.

What issues? Where? Who has an issue with race depiction in video games? If it's so fucking stupid, please point it out.

That being said, I couldn't agree with the last sentence more, but why celebrate this fact? I got all the subtle undertones while playing through the game, but praising a game for having chosen a black main character seems - to me - archaic and unnecessary.

Because, as has been pointed out several times, what you see in The Walking Dead is an extreme rarity in games. Therefore there are issues. Therefore it is worth for me to dwell on it for a second and point it out. Why does this make you so angry? For a guy claiming to be the pillar of openmindedness, you sure come across as very aggressive.

#19 Posted by Rasmoss (433 posts) -

@HistoryInRust said:

The game handled it well by not directing undue attention to it. Larry's character functions as a sort of totem pole for that dynamic, and through him the developers are waving at us saying, "Yo, we're aware of the territory we're breaching." And they leave it at that. It's tactful. Smartly done.

Agreed!

#20 Posted by DeF (4799 posts) -

@Rasmoss said:

@mellotronrules said:

yeah- this is one of the unsung triumphs of this game. it isn't the first game to feature a non-white character, but it's the first i can think of that doesn't underscore that fact either. it just is, and that's the way it should be.

Exactly. He is neither villified or made a saint. He is a flawed character who has done some questionable things, but that just makes him human and relatable.

He's also not a Hip Hop dude who has ties to gang culture or talks in AAVE.

Video games need a lot more of that. More women, more racial variety, more age variety. More PEOPLE!

@VisariLoyalist said:

Is there a concept page for black main character? Or is that too racist to exist as a thing? hrm...

my quick search says no but I think there should be since this is rare enough that a filter for games that have that could be useful.

Online
#21 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

He should be in prison for murder though. A black man in the back of a police car caught my attention right away, but soon I realized it was a passion murder...or was it? He accepted his fate to be in prison quickly in the first episode. I liked him from the beginning. Honest, humble and ready to serve his sentence.

#22 Posted by SharkEthic (1004 posts) -

@Rasmoss said:

@SharkEthic said:

@Rasmoss said:

@SharkEthic said:

@Animasta said:

@SharkEthic said:

YAY POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!

Just a thing, are any of you guys even black? Like with women in gaming, men seem to make the biggest deal out of the lack of female protagonists. Where is the outcry by the black community for more black people in gaming?

@Rasmoss said:

He is just a dude, who happens to be black, and he is totally relatable to anyone who plays the game regardsless of their race.

It's almost like he's...dare I say...human? We need to get past these issues, dudes. We have a black president, I think that's a deffinet indication that black people "won the war". Let's stop celebrating political correctness for the sake of celebrating political correctness.

the fuck does that even mean? all anyone is saying that he's a good protagonist who isn't a saint or a villain who just happens to be black, which is very rare in video games.

Why the fuck does it matter that he's black?

Edit: "all anyone is saying"? I seem to recall the fact that he's black being called "one of the unsung triumphs of this game" just a few comments above.

Saying that there isn't issues with depicting race in video games is fucking stupid.

And I'm white, but I want dev stories to be able to step out of the very limited palette they use regarding main characters because it limits the possibilities for story telling.

And it's not like race doesn't play into the Walking Dead story either. The fact that Lee is a black man who is also upper middle class and well-educated, while Kenny is a white man who is working class, adds a subtle undercurrent to their relationship that is all the better for not being pushed front and centre.

What issues? Where? Who has an issue with race depiction in video games? If it's so fucking stupid, please point it out.

That being said, I couldn't agree with the last sentence more, but why celebrate this fact? I got all the subtle undertones while playing through the game, but praising a game for having chosen a black main character seems - to me - archaic and unnecessary.

Because, as has been pointed out several times, what you see in The Walking Dead is an extreme rarity in games. Therefore there are issues. Therefore it is worth for me to dwell on it for a second and point it out. Why does this make you so angry? For a guy claiming to be the pillar of openmindedness, you sure come across as very aggressive.

Not trying to come off as angry - if it reads that way, I apologize.

Thing is, there has been a lot of focus on so called minorities in gaming as of late, which has spawned a lot "white-knighting" in the community. The result of this is the victimization of groups, that doesn't see themselves as victims, and that fucking infuriates me.

#23 Posted by SharkEthic (1004 posts) -

@Rasmoss: That being said, I now see that that's not where you were going with the thread.

#24 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

AND HE'S SO WELL SPOKEN!

#25 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@SharkEthic: You were making a big issue out of this. Question: are you black? Because if not, how could you possibly know or understand how people of that ethnicity feel about the representation of black people in video games? You make it sound like they're all totally okay with how it's being done today, but I can tell you that that's absolutely not the case.

It's sad that having a black main character that isn't stereotyped in some weird way and that is actually a "normal" person is something worth bringing attention to, but the reality of the depiction of black main characters in video games until now is exactly why it's remarkable. Until the situation changes, threads bringing attention to it like this won't cease.

#26 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Yea but at the same time you start in the back of a police car for murder, you even get to falsely accuse someone of racism playing the race card.

#27 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

you even get to falsely accuse someone of racism playing the race card.

Do you mean when Kenny says that Lee should be able to pick locks specifically because he is black?

#28 Posted by SharkEthic (1004 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@SharkEthic: You were making a big issue out of this. Question: are you black? Because if not, how could you possibly know or understand how people of that ethnicity feel about the representation of black people in video games? You make it sound like they're all totally okay with how it's being done today, but I can tell you that that's absolutely not the case.

It's sad that having a black main character that isn't stereotyped in some weird way and that is actually a "normal" person is something worth bringing attention to, but the reality of the depiction of black main characters in video games until now is exactly why it's remarkable. Until the situation changes, threads bringing attention to it like this won't cease.

I'm not black. I do however have black family members, and we had this exact conversation a couple of nights ago. Both the gender and racial aspect. So you telling me that "that's absolutely not the case" only prompts the question of where you get your information?

#29 Posted by Wampa1 (626 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior: I don't think that part was a false accusation, Kenny is a little bit racist. It's a character flaw, he assumes he can pick the lock because he is black.

Online
#30 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@SharkEthic said:

So you telling me that "that's absolutely not the case" only prompts the question of where you get your information?

Because your family's opinions and your own is not where the discussions stop and I've seen comments by black people in forums or anywhere else (like N'Gai Croal) where they are not just fine with the media representation of black people in video games. Same with gender: Anita Sarkeesian's role is to demonstrate their poor representation in the medium.

#31 Posted by SMTDante89 (2545 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: @Wampa1: Actually, I think he's referring to Larry, when you and Mark are walking together in Episode 2 and Mark brings up Larry having a particular hatred towards Lee, you can tell him that Larry is a racist.

#32 Posted by SharkEthic (1004 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: So to answer my question: some people claiming to be black on a forum is your source. Look, dude, of cause it doesn't stop there, and your sources are as valid as mine, but do you see where I'm coming from? A bunch of white men calling to arms over issues that has nothing to do with them, and thereby calling attention to and victimizing groups of people perfectly capable to fight their own fight, but chooses not to because they themselves don't see a problem.

Anita Sarkeesian claimed that ICO was misogynistic. Disqualified.

#33 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

you even get to falsely accuse someone of racism playing the race card.

Do you mean when Kenny says that Lee should be able to pick locks specifically because he is black?

Nope when Larry is telling people not to trust you because he knows of your past of being a murderer, you call tell them he's just a racist, which I picked.

#34 Posted by MuttersomeTaxicab (667 posts) -

@SharkEthic said:

@FluxWaveZ: So to answer my question: some people claiming to be black on a forum is your source. Look, dude, of cause it doesn't stop there, and your sources are as valid as mine, but do you see where I'm coming from? A bunch of white men calling to arms over issues that has nothing to do with them, and thereby calling attention to and victimizing groups of people perfectly capable to fight their own fight, but chooses not to because they themselves don't see a problem.

Anita Sarkeesian claimed that ICO was misogynistic. Disqualified.

Whoa now.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/04/18/team-icos-the-last-guardian-and-the-illusion-of-half-realism/

“But in the end I decided a boy would have a little more grip to climb the Trico. Another problem is that girls tend to wear skirts, and The Last Guardian features a lot of climbing.”

And apparently a lot of shots from below, making all girls and all traditionally-clad Scotsmen simply out of the question.

Because all girls wear skirts.

I think Anita has a leg to stand on, there.

Plus, you convieniently ignored Fluxwavez' reference to N'Gai Croal, who offered completely justified criticism of RE5's othering of Africans.

I'm not interested in getting into a "some of my family members are black" or "some of my best friends are black" conversation with anyone, because it's stupid. It just degenerates into a pissing contest.

It's a fair point that there's something a little weird about straight white dudes "white knighting" for communities that they don't represent. But that's a terribly narrow perspective to take on the discussion. In point of fact, it comes off as deliberately myopic, like you're trying to stop the discussion from happening, which doesn't seem to be the case, but that's how it comes across. Especially coupled with posts that seem to be disproportionately contrarian.

However, as far as video games are part of culture (specifically "Westernized"/first world culture) they're beholden to certain attitudes and power structures that were set in place long before any of us were born. So, yeah, as a straight white dude, I'm absolutely baffled by the insistence on normative white male power fantasies as protagonists in most games. I'm disgusted by the fact that women always have to fall into these absurd categories, and that black characters are routinely relegated into comic relief or gangsta stereotypes. It's absolutely fucking insane to me that Lee Everett stands out as a character because he's generally depicted as a person and as fucked up as the rest of us. That it's a rarity that people outside of a small section of the population are given the same consideration and agency as this specific, privileged class.

Agreed, that senator/murder thing seemed a bit too blown-out for my tastes, but I think TellTale did a pretty great job. Race is still important in these situations because it's a question of representation, and how that representation carries over into and reinforces existing cultural attitudes. Acting like the U.S. just "solved" its longstanding history of discrimination because it elected Obama is probably one of the most naive things I've heard. Especially in light of the embarrassing rhetoric that came from all sides during the last election.

#35 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

This is a weird topic to bring up but yeah he's a great character.

#36 Posted by SharkEthic (1004 posts) -

@MuttersomeTaxicab: Fair points, well put.

#37 Posted by bkbroiler (1605 posts) -

@SharkEthic: I think you have a severe misunderstanding of what this topic is about.

Online
#38 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

Wasn't he on his way to jail? Telltale are clearly racist. I kid.

#39 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Starhawk and prototype 2, every game with created charaters if you choose has black main charaters.

#40 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Isn't kratos black, before he got the ashes stuck to him?

#41 Posted by SeanFoster (855 posts) -

Strong black characters are common in the classic Romero zombie films. Lee in particular always seemed inspired by actor Duane Jones' character from Night of the Living Dead.

#42 Edited by BoOzak (881 posts) -

@JZ said:

Isn't kratos black, before he got the ashes stuck to him?

He was tan, like most Greek people.

And other than a few forced "motherfucker" lines he didnt feel like a stereotype at all.

EDIT: By "he" I mean Lee.

#43 Posted by yoshisaur (2641 posts) -

I see nothing wrong with developers choosing whatever race, gender, or ethical background feels the most comfortable. Regardless of our abilities to play in another persons shoes, both race/gender have an effect on the way people live out their lives. It's called culture. A developer should not feel forced to depict a black male/female when a white-protagonist (like the developer) works just as well. The point that there is no difference between having a black/white protagonist both works for the side wishing for more, and against it. If there is no difference, why do we care?

I'm not saying that there is no room for gender/race variety, but lets leave it up to the developers who are becoming more diverse to weed that out. We see a pre-dominant stance on white-male protagonist instead of female simply because that is the majority of what the industry has for developers. Once more females and other ethical backgrounded people show up (more than there is currently) - we will automatically see a larger appeal to a broader audience. Until then, there really is nothing wrong with the industry except that a select few tend to voice their concerns on something that is completely imaginary.

#44 Posted by cannonballBAM (590 posts) -

I feel the same way about all minorities in video games. Here are a few for this category:

Emmet Graves from Starhawk

Coach from Left 4 Dead 2

Josh Stone from Resident Evil 5

#45 Posted by Pimpsandwich (72 posts) -

Michael LeRoi from Shadowman was black, if I remember correctly.

#46 Posted by Nicked (246 posts) -

It's unfortunate that Telltale felt the need to make him a convict. I do think it's subtly racist that this character necessitated a link to criminal elements in his background. Clearly there's more to the character than that, but it's still a little questionable that this character seems to have required a criminal past. This sort of thing contributes to the white cultural metonymic association in media that black = criminal, despite the ways that Lee might develop throughout the course of the game.

#47 Posted by Rasmoss (433 posts) -

@ck1nd said:

I see nothing wrong with developers choosing whatever race, gender, or ethical background feels the most comfortable. Regardless of our abilities to play in another persons shoes, both race/gender have an effect on the way people live out their lives. It's called culture. A developer should not feel forced to depict a black male/female when a white-protagonist (like the developer) works just as well. The point that there is no difference between having a black/white protagonist both works for the side wishing for more, and against it. If there is no difference, why do we care?

I'm not saying that there is no room for gender/race variety, but lets leave it up to the developers who are becoming more diverse to weed that out. We see a pre-dominant stance on white-male protagonist instead of female simply because that is the majority of what the industry has for developers. Once more females and other ethical backgrounded people show up (more than there is currently) - we will automatically see a larger appeal to a broader audience. Until then, there really is nothing wrong with the industry except that a select few tend to voice their concerns on something that is completely imaginary.

I don't agree with that. Apart from being white and male, the typical video game protagonist has very little in common with the typical developer-slash-game writer.

#48 Edited by SomeDeliCook (2224 posts) -

In Crackdown, almost all of the marketing showed off the black agent as the playable character. Ofcourse there was people that bitched about it and they eventually announced that you could pick from multiple characters, but the amount of bitching about it was embarrassing and sad.

I will say though, the main black agent is one of my three favorites in that game.

#49 Posted by jmood88 (392 posts) -

@SharkEthic said:

YAY POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!

Just a thing, are any of you guys even black? Like with women in gaming, men seem to make the biggest deal out of the lack of female protagonists. Where is the outcry by the black community for more black people in gaming?

@Rasmoss said:

He is just a dude, who happens to be black, and he is totally relatable to anyone who plays the game regardsless of their race.

It's almost like he's...dare I say...human? We need to get past these issues, dudes. We have a black president, I think that's a deffinet indication that black people "won the war". Let's stop celebrating political correctness for the sake of celebrating political correctness.

I'm black (and Japanese) and I'm tired of the same old white guy protagonists.

#50 Posted by SharkEthic (1004 posts) -

@bkbroiler said:

@SharkEthic: I think you have a severe misunderstanding of what this topic is about.

That's kinda dawning on me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.