Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Bothered by the acting

torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By torus

Overall, I've been having a good time, but some things about the game have bothered me. Stiff animation, mostly, but also some of the 'puzzles' have seemed pretty damn contrived. The 'fixing the radio' puzzle, for example. Are we seriously expected to believe that this woman doesn't have the mental capacity to operate a freaking radio, or determine that it's out of batteries? What planet was she living on?

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By GalacticPunt

Sounds like you're bothered by the writing, not the acting. Your topic title is very misleading!

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By senorfuzzeh

I found it a bit weird as well that, even once she got the batteries she didn't know how to put them in. But overall this was the ONLY time I actually felt like the writing was a bit ridiculous.

But that isn't really the voice acting... I thought the voice acting was great.

Avatar image for bigchickendinner
    BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BigChickenDinner

Dude there are people in this world that bad. The fact that it's a women in the game makes it that much sweeter.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By jozzy

I thought it was meant to say something about the lady, that she was crazy or something. But they didn't follow up on that, seemed weird indeed.

Most women are extremely experienced big battery users if you catch my drift? - ya know what i am saying right - aaw yeah haha - ok bye

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By myke_tuna

@jozzy said:

I thought it was meant to say something about the lady, that she was crazy or something. But they didn't follow up on that, seemed weird indeed.

Most women are extremely experienced big battery users if you catch my drift? - ya know what i am saying right - aaw yeah haha - ok bye

HEY-O! I HEAR that!

We're awful people.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By SomeDeliCook

The radio part was a bit stupid, but stuff like the answering machine and just how much the game makes you care for Clementine more than make up for it in the writing department.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I just chocked it up to her being in shock over the whole ordeal and moved on. It only served as a means to realize everywhere else is fucked too.

torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By torus

Ok, I guess I should qualify the 'acting' comment.

I wasn't talking about the voice acting, although I do find the main character's voice doesn't really fit his looks (in my opinion). I guess I was more referring to how people behaved. I supposed this is more a 'writing' issue. People in the game don't behave like I imagine people would in such a situation AT ALL.

Society has gone to shit in a matter of days, and one of these guys is still wondering about whether he's going to have the usual for dinner? The battery thing? People being completely clueless about the situation when zombies have been a trope in Western fiction for close to a hundred years? The answering machine was a good piece of writing, but there's a definite lack of panic or hysteria. People seem to have, in a very short time, moved into 'survival mode'. Hmmm.

Ever wonder why people in zombie fiction have apparently never heard of zombies? What the fuck?

And the woman with the batteries... I'm reasonably certain that was just a puzzle tutorial, and not some kind of statement. Which just came off as lazy.

I'm just listing gripes here, I still think it's a decent game. Things like this just push me out of the experience.

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Dylabaloo

@torus said:

And the woman with the batteries... I'm reasonably certain that was just a puzzle tutorial, and not some kind of statement. Which just came off as lazy.

That was my justification for it too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.