Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Chapter 4: Around Every Corner- Your Choices *spoilers*

ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By ashogo

@Smokay said:

@AndrewB:At which point did this happen in crawford?

After Ben takes the spanner or whatever out of the door and the zombies come busting in, one of them grabs Molly and you literally only have like half a second to try and shoot it before Clem comes out of nowhere and takes it out.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#52  Edited By AndrewB

@ashogo: Yup, that's it! Thanks.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm so fucking tired of the technical issues with this game. If it wasn't for all that shit, this would easily be GOTY for me.

Anyways...

• Smashed the zombie kid's head with the spike remover.
    • Told Vernon the truth.
    • I took Clementine (no way I would leave her in the house with that creepy fuck running around stalking us.)
    • Saved Ben. I couldn't just kill him. And that's what it would have been if I let go. Murder.
    • Showed the bite.

OK. SO. Why the fuck does Kenny think I was "looking out for myself" most of the time? I've had his back every decision, even when I didn't really agree with him. I'm guessing the game has fucked up my save (big surprise with as many times as it's done that...) so I guess I'm probably just going to delete my saves and replay all of them once episode 5 comes out. Everyone came besides Kenny. (Again, what the fuck?! I ALWAYS had his back.) Edit: Just replayed the ending (not sure why I was able to, shouldn't it have saved?) and I got Kenny to come with me by saying Clem is family. I wish I could have got Ben to come with me too though.

Definitely the best episode so far in my opinion -- Great job, Mr. Whitta.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#54  Edited By Legend

Does it matter that Lee got bitten? I thought that in The Walking Dead storyline everyone is infected and they turn to zombies if they die no matter whether they were bitten or not.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Dezztroy

Man, it felt good telling Kenny to fuck off. He's being a dick to me even after I've saved his life numerous times now.

I had Omid, Christa and Ben join me to look for Clementine.

@Legend said:

Does it matter that Lee got bitten? I thought that in The Walking Dead storyline everyone is infected and they turn to zombies if they die no matter whether they were bitten or not.

Getting bit means you'll have an infected wound which leads to fever and general weakness until you die. So yes, it definitely matters.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I fucked up two things in this episode. When Clementine asked if she could give her input concerning Ben, I made Lee say "No!" I didn't think he'd be so harsh in his tone, but I chose that because things were a bit intense during that scene and I didn't think it was the right time for anyone to give input on Ben's situation.

Second fuck-up was soon following that, when I let go of Ben. Walkers rushing up the stairs, Ben telling Lee to let go and a tense scene overall made me just go with what someone was telling me than force myself to make a personal decision. Really, my Lee should have saved him, but I was glad the game at least let me explain to Clementine that it was his decision.

I also thought I had screwed up and got Lee bitten when I wasn't cautious enough to check the trash before I reached for the Clem's transceiver. Turns out, it seems like that's something that has to happen, which makes me feel better and worse at the same time.

• Shot zombie kid in the head. Kenny was freaking out and pushing his psychological limit didn't seem like a great idea. One shot seems like the most merciful way to end things.
    • Was honest while confronting Vernon. My Lee was always honest.
    • Took Clementine. She wanted to come (have mostly followed Clem's desires throughout everything), but it also wasn't safe to leave her alone with an injured Omid for various reasons.
    • Let Ben go. Couldn't think straight and just followed what I was told.
    • Hid the bite initially, watching almost the whole timer drain before making my decision. Hell of a tough choice, but right after I told everyone that Lee was bitten because it wouldn't be good to endanger all of them. Everyone left decides to go with Lee to find Clem (Kenny, Christa and Omid).

Didn't know about the third tape in a locker. I knew that code was for something, but I couldn't guess what so I just went back to the classroom.

Actually found this episode to be a bit weaker than the others, but it works a s a nice set-up for Episode 5.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By papercut

I didn't save Ben. I feel real bad about it now.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By phantomzxro

Killed the zombie kid with the spike remover. Kenny just did not seem ready for it so i did it.

Told Vermon the truth. I just wanted them to trust me and they seemed like well meaning people.

I left clementine at the house and gave her a gun. Was a very hard choice to make, but as bad as they were making Crawford out to be and we quite possibly were going to be facing other people i was worried that things were going to go to hell when we got there.

Saved Ben. I can't stand Ben at this point he is a well meaning person but he messes up everything by not doing what he is told. He also has no backbone to do the simplest things, with that said i could not bring myself to kill him at the end. I don't like him one bit and he is the weakest link in the group but i just could not kill him.

Showed the bite. Kenny and Katjaa was upfront about duck being bite so i wanted to do the same. Don't want lee to die and my first reaction is pulling a page from the walking dead book and chop that arm off.

Omid, Christa, and Kenny joined. Omid and Christa were very vocal about coming with me which surprised me since we really did not connect all that much and Christa seemed very pushy early on. Kenny shocked me by at first not wanting to come and i know we had our disagreements but i have always looked out for him and his family. I told him Clem is my family and he came too but man shaky grounds on people i can truly trust (I miss Carley). Kenny was not having Ben come along and i just did not know what to say because i needed Kenny's help. As much as our relationship maybe crossed i know he has my back when shit hits the fan.

Really enjoyed this episode and i had the hardest time making choices on this one. Telling Clem we could not look for her parents was a gut punch. Also molly was pretty cool hope to see her again.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#59  Edited By MildMolasses

I really didn't find the choices that hard. In fact the one decision I did have a tough time with apparently wasn't even a choice at all. I did consider letting Vernon take Clem with him, because he was making a lot of sense, but ultimately I told him no. But I see at the end, that wasn't on the stats screen, so I guess you can't actually let her go off like that.

- Lee whacked the kid with the spike puller. This scene seemed really hokey to me. They already pulled off the dramatic child in peril scene. This just seemed like it was trying to be shocking for the sake of it,  without any storyline reason to care about it
    - Honest with Vernon
    - Took Clementine because there was no way I was leaving her alone. Plus she's the best character in the game, so I feel like I need her around
    - Dropped Ben. He was willing to make the sacrifice, and this was his way of redeeming himself. This didn't even seem like a real choice. I was doing exactly what he desired
    - Showed the bite. It seemed dumb to try and hide it, although if I had known at that point that I could have ditched everyone, thus not needing to show them, I would have. I was surprised to find that you could ditch people. I gave to negative answers to Omid to get rid of him and Christa, but he replied with some sort of "can't do it on your own" line, so I assumed it was impossible. Pregnant or not, I don't like Christa and Omid hasn't done much of any use

All told, I enjoyed it, but not nearly as much as the previous two. I did like the sewer section and the stuff in Crawford. Well, except for that stupid fucking tape of Molly and the doctor. Why would that tape even exist? Am I supposed to believe that he is going to start filming the interaction with molly, after fucking her, so that he has recorded proof that he was giving away medicine to someone, after explaining to her that he could no longer give away medicine because they were watching him, and then give her more medicine? It was LA Noire all over again. I see no reason why Molly couldn't have been the pregnant girl in the videos. It would have provided enough reason for her to go crazy on the dr. zombie, and a reason to have turned on Crawford. That third tape should have never been put in the game. What a hackey piece of shit that scene was.

Otherwise, great installment, as usual

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SlasherMan
    • Killed the kid with a wrench.
    • Told Vernon the truth.
    • Took Clementine to Crawford.
    • Saved Ben.
    • Showed everyone the bite.

Full party, everyone joined.

This episode just didn't do it for me, though. By far the weakest of the bunch yet. I didn't really have to think about any of the decisions I made, they were all relatively easy choices (and the statistics at the end of the episode show that, aside from killing the kid), and quite frankly it's pretty apparent that at this point whatever you choose to go with the story will still conclude in largely the same way for everyone. Lee getting bit didn't shock me much at all... I guess since I play as Lee I'm not exactly attached to his character as I am to the NPCs. After all it's the character that I play... and he's already died a few times during my playthrough in some pretty gruesome ways, so what's another death? It was also one of the possible endings that I was expecting for the series.

The scene with the kid's burial was mostly annoying to me. Maybe it's because I have a heart of stone, or just that I'm dead inside, but it felt like the game was going like "CAN'T YOU SEE HOW SAD THIS IS? SO SAD! SAAAAD! CRY NOW BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT SAD FEELS LIKE!". It all just felt a tad forced is what I'm saying.

Also, have to say, not a fan of how they handled Chuck. He was a pretty interesting character and I would have liked to see more of him instead of Ben/Christa/Kenny, though I suspect the thing with Ben will pay off somehow (and I'm hoping in a way that justifies how I kept giving him second chances).

On the plus side, this episode introduced some of the best characters so far. Really liked Molly. Very reminiscent of Daphne (Brea Grant) from Heroes, which is definitely not a bad thing at all. Vernon was cool as well as the woman that tagged along, who naturally ended up dead.

Anyway, still pretty enjoyable even if it does fall short compared to the second and third episodes.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By BoOzak
    • Made Kenny kill the kid (I killed Duck, so it's only fair)
    • Threatened Vernon, because fuck that guy.
    • Took Clem to Crawford because honestly I dont trust anyone in the group enough to leave them alone with her, even though you have to on a few occasions.
    • I left Ben to die because he hit 3 strikes within the episode, I kept waiting for him to pull his own wait but he's just useless, and dangerous. No regrets there.

And I showed the bite to the group, because why hide it? You're going to die regardless you mareswell let people know you're going to turn into a zombie afterwards. Besides I didnt think anyone in the group would be merciless enough to try kill me before that happend. And I was right.

Everyone except Kenny came with me. Which sucks because throughout the entire episode I always had his back, helping him through his loss etc. And he even thanked me for how I dealt with Ben. For him to say "I've been keeping count" seems kind of childish to me. In a real life situation you tend to act how feel in the moment, you dont trudge up old grudges when it suits you. Or at least I dont.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By notdavid

I don't get all of the Ben hate. Yeah, he keeps messing up. But he means well. He strikes me as more unlucky than incompetent. If you kill a guy because he's jinxed, are you any better than Crawford?

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By papercut

So did anyone else get the feeling Molly will be the main character in Season 2? Lee's all but dead and she went off on her own way. I could see her getting her own story.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By notdavid

@papercut: I haven't read too far into the comics, but the way that she's incorporated into the story leads me to believe that she's a callback from those. Kind of like Glen from episode 1. If that's true, I doubt she'd pop up again later in the game.

EDIT: Just Googled, and apparently she's an original character. Neato. It would be cool to see her show up in season 2 in a more major role.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65  Edited By Branthog

I shot the kid in the attic. Kenny was in no condition to suffer that after his family and it had become my role in the group to essentially suffer such burdens.

I was honest with Vernon.

I left Clem in the safety of the house.

I saved Ben.

I revealed the bite.

Ben, Omid, and his girlfriend came with me. Kenny refused. Some bullshit about how I didn't have his back all this time, which is utter shift. While I didn't go around acting as his personal angel of vengeance and doing things like telling what's her name off when she was the leader or killing Ben, I was always either on Kenny's side or neutral to keep the peace. Every choice involving Kenny since the first episode was made with the expectation that Kenny would ultimately respect it as the right thing. In the end, I guess I basically had to kiss his fucking ass non-stop if I wanted him by my side. I also found his refusal to go with me to be COMPLETELY AND UTTER BULLSHIT since a man who just lost his family and probably feels he doesn't have much left to lose or live for and who ultimately has a strong sense of decency would probably put aside his bullshit and help Clem.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SlasherMan

@Branthog: I believe Kenny only helps if you appeal to him saying that Clem is your only family. He agrees to join even if he says you were always against him at first. That's how it was for me anyway.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had Kenny shoot the kid in the attic. I saw it as a way for him to come to terms with his familys death.

I was honest with Vernon.

I took Clem with me because there was no way I was gonna leave her alone with a guy who was on the verge of dying.

I let Ben fall. I already hated him after the last episode, this episode just gave me even more reasons to hate him.

I told them about the bite, but when the first prompt came up I hid it.

As soon as Vernon brought up Clem when we got back to the house, something clicked in my brain and I knew he was the fucking creep who was talking to Clem on the walkie. So i told him to fuck off.

@notdavid said:

I don't get all of the Ben hate. Yeah, he keeps messing up. But he means well. He strikes me as more unlucky than incompetent. If you kill a guy because he's jinxed, are you any better than Crawford?

You say that like morality is black and white. I don't agree with killing off the elderly or the sick but Ben had done nothing but mistake after mistake. His kill count is up to six. Six people died because of his incompetence. Bottom line is you can only give people so many chances, at some point you have to cut them off. Had he asked me to save him I might have thought twice about it. But he didn't, so its was pretty clear to me.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By ToxicFruit

they gave you soooooo much time to save Ben ... and i let him fall.

It is EATING me up inside i have no idea why i did that. I kept thinking if i let him die no one has to make a vote, the problem solved it self, been died of a accident and we can all go on the boat. I even think i was smiling when i got the choice but now i feel so fucking bad about it.

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Branthog said:

Ben, Omid, and his girlfriend came with me. Kenny refused. Some bullshit about how I didn't have his back all this time, which is utter shift. While I didn't go around acting as his personal angel of vengeance and doing things like telling what's her name off when she was the leader or killing Ben, I was always either on Kenny's side or neutral to keep the peace. Every choice involving Kenny since the first episode was made with the expectation that Kenny would ultimately respect it as the right thing. In the end, I guess I basically had to kiss his fucking ass non-stop if I wanted him by my side. I also found his refusal to go with me to be COMPLETELY AND UTTER BULLSHIT since a man who just lost his family and probably feels he doesn't have much left to lose or live for and who ultimately has a strong sense of decency would probably put aside his bullshit and help Clem.

Completely agree with you about this. Same thing happened to me (but it sounds like I was even more on Kenny's side than even you were and he still wouldn't go with him when I told him I needed him)--but then I went back and played the ending again and said Clem is my family instead of the other option and he came with me... doesn't seem like a huge difference between the two dialogue options that would matter so much it would make Kenny change his mind. Didn't get to take Ben with me and I feel bad about that but even though I feel sorry for him maybe it's for the best judging by his track record. It made me feel worse since I knew how bad Ben wanted to help and prove his worth from having him come along the first time around.

I feel like that was handled extremely poorly; he had no reason to even think twice about helping me find Clem yet he says he doesn't think I would have his back in that situation (which like you said is utter bullshit.) Other than that, I really liked this episode. I'm not sure if I liked this one or Ep. 2 better, but I definitely like it way more than the third episode and a bit more than the first.

Edit: Oh, completely forgot to mention that the game started running like absolute shit for whatever fucking reason. Steam did some thing where it said it needed to do something with the files to make them more efficient or some shit then I downloaded the new episode and when I opened the game it ran at like 5 - 10 fps. I had to turn everything to low. It has ran 60fps on max settings easy until I did whatever that file thing was and downloaded the patch. (I run BF3 on Ultra/high 1920x1080 with no lower than 53 fps, so no, it's not my system.)

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#70  Edited By recroulette

I thought Kenny saying that you didn't always have his back was perfect for him. He's an asshole. He may mean well most times, but he will always be an asshole.

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RecSpec said:

I thought Kenny saying that you didn't always have his back was perfect for him. He's an asshole. He may mean well most times, but he will always be an asshole.

Yeah, he's an ass, but he's always had my back for the most part and I've always had his so it doesn't make sense to me that in my greatest time of need he suddenly says I wouldn't help him in the same situation and that I've only looked out for myself a lot of times.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#72  Edited By Oni

I'm probably one of the only people who had neither Kenny nor Lee shoot Duck, because he couldn't do it and I couldn't yell at him to pull the trigger on his own son, so we walked away and left him there. So I had him shoot the kid in the attic this time.

I was honest with Vernon, lying usually comes back to bite you in the ass.

I took Clem because I was worried about leaving her with Omid in case he turned.

I let Ben die. I felt like a dick, but I've never seen a bigger fuck-up in my life. He just wouldn't learn, either.

I showed the bite. refer to my second answer. Then I had Kenny, Omid and Christa come with me (everyone possible at that point). At first Kenny was like "you haven't had my back all the time" but then I said "Clem's my family" and he had to admit I came through for his family and he came with me.

Other decisions: confronted Molly about her past at Crawford, was cool with it. Lee's got demons in his past, too. Told Clem we probably wouldn't look for her parents, and when she just broke down I felt like shit, for that and letting Ben die, disappointing her. I told Vernon I'd think about leaving Clem with him.

I was really shocked when Lee got bit though. But I guess it makes sense for the last episode. Also funny how like, this one zombie in one of the most unthreatening situations ever finally got him. Shows how careless Lee got because he was panicked about Clem.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By colourful_hippie

What a great end. I figured you would become infected eventually, I had to pause the game because I just didn't know what the fuck to do.

I shot the kid (surprised I was in the minority)

Was honest to Vernon

Brought Clem cuz I thought Omid would eat it plus Clem can handle walkers after what she did at Crawford

I dropped Ben. I know I'm harsh but I just had enough of his continuous fuck ups since I first met him.

I revealed the bite and I almost told Kenny to go eat a dick for pulling loyalty shit on me when I stuck by him through most of the hard choices. At least appealing to the family man stance brought him to my side.

Edit: Everyone came with me.

superjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#74  Edited By superjoe

@SlasherMan said:

@Branthog: I believe Kenny only helps if you appeal to him saying that Clem is your only family. He agrees to join even if he says you were always against him at first. That's how it was for me anyway.

I chose to say "Clementine is family", but that only made Kenny angrier in my playthrough where he says something like "Who are you to talk about family when mine is dead."

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By izzygraze

I liked this one the best so far. Maybe it's because I actually liked some of the characters this time around. When the two ladys died last time I was just like "Crap! The best shot on my team died and hey that other lady who betrayed me and was kinda crazy and who mostly shouted at me since I got here died too..." The duck thing was only sad because of Kenny. I didn't really care about Duck. And Katja? Whenever I tried to talk to her she just told me someone else needed help so....yeah.

But the new gal with those tapes. That was really interesting. The elderly that were just trying to make it on their own? And the overtones of fatherhood? All that hooked me.

My decisions:

I wrenched that kid in the attic. Didn't think Kenny really needed to go through that again.

I was honest with Vernon. Honesty seems the best policy plus since it's a month between releases I would just forget about what my lies were.

I took Clem with me because I was pretty sure I would never see her again if she got left behind. We'd get overrun by zombies, not be able to make it back and have to change plans. Or zombies would get to her at the house. She only has some dude who's almost dead to protect her? Nah, I'll look after her.

I saved ben. Uh...this wasn't much of a decision. I knew Lee couldn't die so if I chose to pull him up I'd either succeed or I'd die and reload.

I told them about the bite. I wasn't going to be the asshole that hid his bite to end up turning into a zombie and killing everyone. That ain't me.

I got everyone to come with me except Ben. The timer was short so I skimmed through the decisions and picked the last one. I thought I was siding with Ben and telling Kenny to back off, but in a nice way. It turns out I was telling Ben he was an idiot and he should sit in the corner with his dunce hat. Oh well, didn't much care for Ben anyway after he left Clementine to die and told Kenny what he did AT THE WORST TIME EVER! God damn it Ben. I only saved you because you're an extra pair of hands and I didn't want to lose the trust of the group. I wanted to help you, I told you what to do every step of the way, but nah you done fucked up boy. Hopefully you'll come back later to save the day.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By SlasherMan

@SuperJoe said:

@SlasherMan said:

I chose to say "Clementine is family", but that only made Kenny angrier in my playthrough where he says something like "Who are you to talk about family when mine is dead."

Ah, then it probably also takes into account some of your previous decisions involving Duck and Katjaa.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Milkman
    @SlasherMan said:

@SuperJoe said:

@SlasherMan said:

Ah, then it probably also takes into account some of your previous decisions involving Duck and Katjaa.

Yeah, your previous decisions definitely do matter. I said the same thing and he agreed with me and tagged along. 
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#78  Edited By breadfan

Made a joke telling someone the the other day that the dead body Clementine was looking down on in the episode 5 preview image was Lee. Might actually end up being true.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#79  Edited By MildMolasses

I have a feeling that Kenny turning on you in that last conversation was just an easy way to allow you to get rid of him, by pissing off the player, rather than building up a real narrative reason for him to not want to be with you. They needed a way for it to be possible that you go it alone at the end, and it seems like they came up with a really lazy way of allowing for that

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By papercut

@Milkman said:

@SlasherMan said:

@SuperJoe said:

@SlasherMan said:

Yeah, your previous decisions definitely do matter. I said the same thing and he agreed with me and tagged along.

Kenny seemed way less of a dick in this episode. I think me letting Ben go made him cool with me. I don't know why he's suck an ass. The only thing I ever did to piss him off is not crush Larry's head in.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Milkman
    @papercut said:

@Milkman said:

@SlasherMan said:

@SuperJoe said:

@SlasherMan said:

Kenny seemed way less of a dick in this episode. I think me letting Ben go made him cool with me. I don't know why he's suck an ass. The only thing I ever did to piss him off is not crush Larry's head in.

I didn't kill Ben and he still came with me. He started throwing a fit about bringing Ben with us but I believe my exact quote was "fucking deal with it." I guess because I helped him kill Larry, he still likes me. Even though I've gone against him plenty of times. But yeah, I agree. Up until Duck's death in Episode 3, he was being a piece of shit but he was much better in this episode. 
    washingmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By washingmachine

Shot the kid in the attic

Didn't see much use in him being alive, even it was in zombiefied form. A weird choice but one that I felt had no real impact either way.

Reasoned with Vernon

Just thought it was the sensible thing to do. Antagonising someone with a gun to your face who is already jumpy would've been a bad idea.

Brought Clementine to Crawford

I felt like I needed to keep an eye on her after all the shit prior with Ben and what not. She's proved useful in the past, too (which was fulfilled again here!).

Let go of Ben

I got the impression that giving us time by letting him go was his way of finding some sort of contrition, and it was the practical choice anyway. He fucked up a lot and seemed sorry for it, but I don't think he proved valuable enough to justify that risk.

Revealed bite to the group

I thought honesty was best. I just didn't think it would be easy to hide, so I wanted to be open.

..and Omid + Christa came with

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#83  Edited By SMTDante89

Let Kenny Shoot the Kid

Like Lee said, so he could get his act together and so he could be put to rest.

Told the Truth to Vernon

I'm usually brutally honest when it comes to these things in the game, this was no different.

Took Clem to Crawford

To keep her close by

Saved Ben

Couldn't just let another person die like that.

Revealed the Bite

I didn't see any good coming from trying to hide it and they deserved to know. Everyone's coming with me.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#84  Edited By GalacticPunt

Clubbed the kid zombie

I had made Kenny shoot Duck, so it was time for me to take care of the minor threat (honestly, no pun intended) in the house.

Lied to Vernon

I was actually peaceful and honest, except in the end I claimed Clementine was my daughter. I thought he would be more sympathetic to that, and felt that my claim was true, in spirit, by that point.

Took Clem to Crawford

I figured she was going to sneak along anyway. Oddly enough, I imagined her mother would be alive in that community and wanted to see the drama play out. I think that's the only time in the series I made a decision based on where I thought the story would go, instead of pure roleplaying.

Let go of Ben

He had caused the deaths of so many already, there wasn't room on the boat, and he wanted to die. I'm no Samwise Gamgee, I let him give up.

Revealed the bite

I've tried to be a straight shooter with my own group, and also, sympathy points with them?

Omid and Christa came with me, and Kenny left me hanging.

Kenny is such a little bitch. It's kind of wonky that he won't lift a finger to help a little girl, but will still be waiting to let my infected self on his boat... Actually, that really wonky!

MysteriousFawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By MysteriousFawx

Guys....guys....guys.... the horde of zombies moving into the town... was BRILLIANT.

As soon as I heard Vernon ask 'did you come in on the train' my mind instantly clicked and I actually said 'oh fuck' out loud. Take or leave the choices, but having my group bring an entire horde of zombies (I feel like it should have a collective name thats better than horde....a genocide of zombies?) along with them blindly, that was an awesome moment, well done Whitta.

As for choices made, bashed in zombie kids brains, told the truth, took Clem along, pulled Ben up, showed the bite (fuck you Whitta), Omid/Christa/Ben group for the final chapter...despite doing everything for Kenny he still fucking let me down...prick.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By TheHumanDove

I lied about the bite, and said I was going alone to find Clem. I have no idea how fucked I am for the next chapter.

demarcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By demarcon

I stomped the kid because I couldn't make Kenny do that again. I made him shoot duck last episode as the "helped bring him into this world" situation.

Told the truth to Vernon because I knew that only bad things would come if I lied to him. It's the fucking apocalypse, he seemed like a good enough guy so I told him the truth. I've been pretty good about judging the characters in this game as I've met them.

Brought Clementine to Crawford because I wouldn't leave her in the house with someone who could have potentially died and turned.

Killed Ben because I was getting so sick of the stammering and when he got Carley killed it really pissed me off. I didn't feel so bad about Duck and Katja because I never really clicked with them but I hated this kid since I met him.

Revealed bite to the group because why not? I'm going to die anyway, might as well let them know, I've done enough fucked up shit to Kenny and don't need to keep hiding shit from him.

Everyone that was left came with me. I actually like the remaining characters, and want them to all be with me to help me through the last episode.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By recroulette

There were a couple more great moments outside of the choices. The dog part was pretty brilliant. 

When someone said "So where's the dog?" I saw the grave and said "OH NO!" out loud. The head falling off was also a great touch.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#89  Edited By Phatmac

Is it a bad choice for me to go alone? It feels so right, but I don't think I'll be able to save Clementine by myself…. :(

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Phatmac

ALRIGHT I WENT BACK ON MY SAVE AND I HAVE THE WHOLE GROUP WITH ME! YAY.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@RecSpec: Unburying a dog was something that was way too predictable upon seeing the grave for the first time, especially right next to a dog house. I thought that it'd turn into a zombie dog scenario, but it was obvious enough that the unburying was going to happen, even though I didn't know why at first and only discovered their reason for it when finding the dog entrance on that door. It felt contrived.

What also felt unnecessary was the kid's burial scene. It was so emotionally charged even though the characters have been through much worse than putting some random kid out of his misery. It's sad, but dwelling upon such a scene, especially when deaths of characters that you actually knew didn't get that much time in the spotlight, was weird.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Phatmac

@Intelligent_Space_Man said:

@papercut said:

So did anyone else get the feeling Molly will be the main character in Season 2? Lee's all but dead and she went off on her own way. I could see her getting her own story.

Ice pick-wielding protagonists who spout inconspicuous Star Wars references will, unquestioningly, sway my vote--yes!

And was I the only one screaming at Lee to, just.. hack off his fucking arm? Is he left-handed, or something? Wouldn't arm-lopping apparatuses be fast draw indispensabilities during this particular end time?

She has to be the girl in the camcorder right? In Crawford?

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#93  Edited By RedSox8933

@Phatmac: BOOOOO! SOLO LEE ALL THE WAY! There's something very poetic about Lee going by himself, even though it seems a little doomed. For those of us who hid the bite (although apparently that was a way easier decision for people than I thought it was), going alone just helped even more with the drama of the moment. Not that I'm playing for the best dramatic experience, but it was a really powerful way to set up the finale. I feel almost completely alone and hopeless and I'm fucking loving it.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Phatmac

@FluxWaveZ said:

@RecSpec: Unburying a dog was something that was way too predictable upon seeing the grave for the first time, especially right next to a dog house. I thought that it'd turn into a zombie dog scenario, but it was obvious enough that the unburying was going to happen, even though I didn't know why at first and only discovered their reason for it when finding the dog entrance on that door. It felt contrived.

What also felt unnecessary was the kid's burial scene. It was so emotionally charged even though the characters have been through much worse than putting some random kid out of his misery. It's sad, but dwelling upon such a scene, especially when deaths of characters that you actually knew didn't get that much time in the spotlight, was weird.

I'm really disappointed that they didn't give Chuck a proper send off and instead focused on some random kid. That's probably my only big nitpick alongside the awful FPS sequences.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Phatmac

@RedSox8933 said:

@Phatmac: BOOOOO! SOLO LEE ALL THE WAY! There's something very poetic about Lee going by himself, even though it seems a little doomed. For those of us who hid the bite (although apparently that was a way easier decision for people than I thought it was), going alone just helped even more with the drama of the moment. Not that I'm playing for the best dramatic experience, but it was a really powerful way to set up the finale. I feel almost completely alone and hopeless and I'm fucking loving it.

I know! I hid my bite too and decided to go alone too at first. I dunno it just feels like letting your shepard die at the end of ME2, kinda like the worst ending. :/

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#96  Edited By RedSox8933

@Phatmac said:

@RedSox8933 said:

I know! I hid my bite too and decided to go alone too at first. I dunno it just feels like letting your shepard die at the end of ME2, kinda like the worst ending. :/

It's different than the ME2 thing, where Shepard was definitely going to be the protagonist of the third game. I'm not so sure about Lee. If there end up being endings where he dies and endings where he lives, either way I don't think he'll play much of a part in the second season. That being said, I think that having Lee die in the last episode, if it makes sense based on your choices throughout the season, and it feels like a legitimate close to his arc, then I think there is immeasurable value in that. If Telltale has the storytelling chops to pull that off, it will be like nothing that has ever been done in a video game before.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By TheHumanDove

@RedSox8933 said:

Indeed. And I'm so glad theres going to be a second season, even without Lee

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By recroulette
    @FluxWaveZ: Yeah I didn't really see why they spent so long on the burial scene as well. But it was pretty much worth it to see Clementine's drawing of Lee and the grave. 
     Reminded me of Heavy Rain when you see the drawing of the car accident.  Which I found humorous in a twisted way.
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By AndrewB

Yeah, I think I might stick with not having Kenny. A) Because I've never backed down on a choice I made, and B) because Im not so sure having him along is going to be a good thing, especially since I also have Ben with me. I'm sure he won't be around with the boat when/if we get back, though.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By CL60

I hit the kid with a wrench

I told the truth to Vernon

I brought Clementine to Crawford

I saved Ben

I revealed the bite

Everybody is coming

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.