Curious on if to buy? Don't be, it's....

#1 Posted by Voxus (336 posts) -

Fucking fantastic. Seriously, go buy this game. I was on the fence because of Jurassic Park, as I had my right to be. Minor minor audio issues aside on the PC, this game has great gameplay, story, VO, and most importantly captures 'TWD' vibe.

#2 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -

You and your tricky post titles, i assumed it was terrible!

#3 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

...a video game.

#4 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

How many bones is it worth?

#5 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Monty Python's Flying Circus

#6 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

It's 25 bucks for the Season Pass. If you pre-ordered it was 22.50. It is worth it, I've only played the first hour but I am enjoying it. It'll keep me entertained at work and runs well on my laptop (yay point and click games).

#7 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

I agree.

#8 Posted by Chaser324 (6514 posts) -

Yeah, this is definitely the best thing TellTale has done in some time. A great first episode that leaves you wanting more.

Moderator Online
#9 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1545 posts) -

Hope they iron out some of the bugs.

I'm not a fan of how the keyboard and mouse controls in this game. It's kind of like how a Wii FPS game controls, where you control the cursor and the camera follows instead of controlling the camera itself, just feels weird to me. The movement isn't that great with a keyboard either. I think it controls a lot better with a gamepad. I wouldn't mind this but they didn't include the option to invert the y-axis on the right analog stick, had to switch to my DS3 and invert the analog stick at the driver level.

I also had Lee get stuck in an infinite loop of picking up a battery.

#10 Posted by Gravier251 (217 posts) -

yeah, really enjoyed it. My only issue is it ended and I have to wait another month for more, grr!

The "next on" teaser at the end seemed to show lots of scenes related to my choices in episode 1, like someone telling me off over a call I made much earlier. Seems really promising. They did a good job with the controls too I feel. People should definitely give it a shot.

#11 Posted by Brodehouse (9949 posts) -

My only problem is it gets down to 0 and 2 FPS during scenes with tons of zombies. My computer ain't no beast, but it runs better looking games than this without getting framey.

#12 Posted by cutyoface (544 posts) -
@Brodehouse said:
My only problem is it gets down to 0 and 2 FPS during scenes with tons of zombies. My computer ain't no beast, but it runs better looking games than this without getting framey.
I had the same issue but aside from that i had an excellent time with Episode 1.
#13 Posted by Daiphyer (1337 posts) -

I have seen almost zero of this game, but I did hear Whitta talk about it. How is the gameplay? I heard it has action elements.

#14 Posted by Jimbo (9809 posts) -

This is based on a tv show, right? I haven't seen it - should I still get the game?

#15 Posted by Fallen189 (5004 posts) -

#savedoug

#16 Posted by DeeGee (2123 posts) -

@Jimbo said:

This is based on a tv show, right? I haven't seen it - should I still get the game?

It's based on the comics. You should totally get it.

#17 Posted by AgnosticJesus (544 posts) -

I thought it was supposed to be out today for the 360. The arcade games for this week are up but not The Walking Dead, very disappointing. Anyone know the release date?

#18 Edited by Venatio (4491 posts) -

Just finished it in one sitting, loved it

Though I do doubt some of my choices, probably gonna replay before episode 2. I like how they handled the player choice system

Next episode looks exciting

#19 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

I hate your title so much.

#20 Posted by Jimbo (9809 posts) -

@DeeGee said:

@Jimbo said:

It's based on the comics. You should totally get it.

Baller. I feel like picking up a game I know next to nothing about, so this'll do.

#21 Posted by jjnen (661 posts) -

Goddamnit, XBLA version is coming sometime soon in the future.. Well I guess it will give people time to form better opinions on the game and I can make more informed decision to purchase it or not.

#22 Posted by ShaggE (6451 posts) -

I loved it, and can't wait for more. I want to play it again to see how good the choice system is, but I'll probably wait until I play the rest of the episodes so that my choices feel weightier. Telltale's quality slump is over, it seems.

#23 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2687 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton said:

I hate your title so much.

#24 Posted by hughesman (312 posts) -

Yep, i can vouch for this one as well. Just finished the first episode and i cant wait for the next one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.