Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Does this spoil the comics?

KevinK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KevinK

I'm reading the comics. I'm up to Issue #10.

I know the game is "canon" in the comic book universe. Will I spoil anything if I play this game?

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By SMTDante89

Episode 2 of the game has a major revelation in the Walking Dead universe that you don't find out until a little later in the comics.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By tim_the_corsair

A couple of characters from the comics appeared in the first episode, but the game itself predates the beginning of the comics and don't really had anything to do with that plot.

The second season had no guest appearances, and appears to be in a different location and time period entirely.

As far as I can tell, you are fine, and I can't imagine that upcoming episodes will venture very far in that direction either considering they have an established class and arc going on that is distinct from the books.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@SMTDante89 said:

Episode 2 of the game has a major revelation in the Walking Dead universe that you don't find out until a little later in the comics.

Yeah, as far as I can tell, this is the only thing that might be a bit of a spoiler. If you've seen the TV show, this is the same thing that is revealed near the end of season 2.

KevinK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KevinK

Thanks for the replies all. Just to be safe, I think I'll read a little further in the comics first.

KevinK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KevinK

Okay, I read to issue 28 or so in the comics. Couldn't tell if I had reached the "Big Revelation" or not yet. I don't watch the TV show, but I did lookup what happened at the end of Season 2 in the show and since I realized I was way beyond that point in the comics, I decided to read a full synopsis of the last episode to see if I could figure out what the Big Revelation is.

Okay, it's not that big. I mean, the Romero zombie universe has had that for years. But, thanks to everybody for helping me watch out for spoilers.

Spectreman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spectreman

The big revelation was before issue 28, I think. Is about how people can become zombie.

KevinK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KevinK

@Spectreman said:

The big revelation was before issue 28, I think. Is about how people can become zombie.

That's what I believe they're talking about.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By Sooperspy

@KevinK: Yeah, you're okay to start playing the game now. And its amazing.

KevinK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KevinK

Yeah. Holy cow is this game awesome!

I thought Ryan was crazy on the Bombcast when he said like two weeks ago that this game could be GOTY if it keeps it up the pace throughout all five episodes, but this game is pretty rad.

MysteriousFawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MysteriousFawx

@KevinK: Just so you know, the comics spoil way more about the TV show than they do the game (so far anyway) and a hell of a lot quicker too. Hope you're not too worried about keeping season 3 of the show a 'mystery'!

KevinK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KevinK

@MysteriousFawx said:

@KevinK: Just so you know, the comics spoil way more about the TV show than they do the game (so far anyway) and a hell of a lot quicker too. Hope you're not too worried about keeping season 3 of the show a 'mystery'!

I'm not really interested in the TV show. I consider the comic book to be the main deal.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By bkbroiler

@KevinK said:

Yeah. Holy cow is this game awesome!

I thought Ryan was crazy on the Bombcast when he said like two weeks ago that this game could be GOTY if it keeps it up the pace throughout all five episodes, but this game is pretty rad.

Yeah, if this game stays in the same general area of quality I'm not sure what could beat it for me.

Mixwizzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mixwizzard

Only thing they share right now is that Lily from the comics is in.

varun2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By varun2000

a hard question but i liked the series so m reading the comics if i feel like ill first take a demo n then if i like ill play the game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.