DON'T play the disc version!

#1 Posted by Solh0und (1763 posts) -

So I rented this out of the Redbox so I could start on this game again and the handful of bugs I run into are pretty annoying.

- Hitches in load times

- Voices aren't in sync sometimes

- Transitions between scenes take forever.

Were these ever in the later episodes of the digital version?

#2 Posted by SASnake (322 posts) -

Tell us something that wasent reported almost a month ago...but no, digital versions were fine...on PC at least.

#3 Posted by spiceninja (3056 posts) -

@SASnake said:

Tell us something that wasent reported almost a month ago...but no, digital versions were fine...on PC at least.

PS3 digital version was fine too with only a few minor glitches in episode 3. It sounds like the Xbox version is kind of a mess.

#4 Posted by Zacagawea (1588 posts) -

Xbox digital version was a piece of shat

#5 Posted by Fredddi43 (326 posts) -

Buyers of the disc version can get a code from Telltale Support for the download version, that one has less issues.

#6 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -

i have my copy on my mac, and it runs like crap if not worse as well. on pc maybe it's good but those problems exist everywhere else

#7 Posted by Levius (1096 posts) -

Yeah I saw this in episodes 2 and 3 on the PS3, I think it's just part of the game for some people.

#8 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2135 posts) -

You mean it still has the same problems? Only worse?

#9 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

All versions of TWD are shit. No surprise they kept that up with the disc version.

#10 Posted by xCharlieSheen (75 posts) -

PS3 digital version played fine. Recently tried the 360 disc version, WoW!!, completely broken, on the cusp of being unplayable.

#11 Posted by SagaciousJones (143 posts) -

Is there an install option?

I was honestly surprised when I heard the guys discussing technical problems on the Bombcast. I played the Steam version on a $600 laptop and had no problems at all. Same goes for X-COM.

Obviously, the "well it worked for me!" defense has no validity at all, but I didn't expect to hear about all those issues, that's all.

#12 Posted by Tomkang (251 posts) -

Every version is broken, you are lucky if you played through the thing without hitting any bugs

#13 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

No install option but with the latest patch, the game plays fine. I had no bugs/crashes/save issues... nothing.

#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Why? I played it a little while ago, and the technical problems I had with it were minor and fleeting.

#15 Edited by MetalGearSunny (6988 posts) -

The only major problems I had were some framerate issues and a choice from episode 3 was changed.

Oh, and once in episode 3 the camera decided to fuck up while Lee and Clem were in a part of the train so I couldn't see what I was doing. Had to reboot it.

#16 Posted by Brendan (7734 posts) -

I played the disc version and didn't have any problems. Yay!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.