Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Episode 3 Question *SPOILERS*

dystonym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dystonym

Just a quick question, is it possible to save Carly (or I guess Doug if that's who you saved in Ep 1) from Lilly? She died in mine but I'm just wondering if I accused Ben, would she shoot him instead?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Murdouken

Just a quick question, is it possible to save Carly (or I guess Doug if that's who you saved in Ep 1) from Lilly? She died in mine but I'm just wondering if I accused Ben, would she shoot him instead?

From what ive seen and read it sounds like you cannot
    Ethereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Ethereal

Based on the stats shown at the end, I get the impression that you can't,

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By TheMasterDS

I guess it makes sense because the reality was Carly and Doug were impossible to really use anyway since if you wanted Doug to do something you'd have to have an equal amount of stuff for Carly to do. Better to kill them now, bring in characters where they don't have to do their scenes twice. Still though, it's a bummer.

Speaking of equal amounts to do does Doug ask the player to confess? I didn't think he knew, did he?

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By hbkdx12
    @TheMasterDS: Just went through it and i don't recall any part where doug tells lee to confess. Might be wrong as i played all this in one sitting.

But as far as Lee's secret

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By bkbroiler

@hbkdx12: Carly tells Lee he should tell people the truth, and then you can go around one-by-one and tell them each. I had no idea it was so different.

I think it's actually pretty diabolical of Telltale to kill the character you get to "save." I kind of thought Carly was untouchable.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By AndrewB

Now I wonder if I did something magically right because

Lilly was the only person I didn't talk to about being a murderer. Later, when she tried to rat me out, Kenny just calmly replied "yeah, we already knew that" and she seemed shocked.
    probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By probablytuna

@AndrewB said:

Now I wonder if I did something magically right because

Lilly was the only person I didn't talk to about being a murderer. Later, when she tried to rat me out, Kenny just calmly replied "yeah, we already knew that" and she seemed shocked.

Yeah the only people I didn't talk to about it was Lilly, Clem and Ben. I didn't want to risk telling her since she was in such a fragile mental state and it would probably strain the already stressed relationship between everyone (well glad she knows already). Didn't tell Clementine because I just couldn't do it. Didn't tell Ben cause I didn't find him trustworthy (and I was right).

Robitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Robitt

That moment was my biggest "THE FUCK!"-moment this episode and I still brought Lilly with me on the bus, which also back-fired of course.

ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By ashogo

It is kind of a shame that it feels like the killed her (or him) more for technical reasons than actual story ones. Not that it feels super contrived when you're playing it, but you kind of get the feeling that they couldn't not kill Doug/Carley because it would have been just too much of a workload for them to sustain over the rest of the episodes.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By willin

@ashogo: Doubt it. Considering the game is making Telltale a lot of money, that they have lesser known voice actors in the role and the many people consider Carly/Doug their favorite characters tell me that Telltale only killed them because that's how they wanted the story to progress.

dystonym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dystonym

@AndrewB: Lilly knows because of Larry, I think, who knew because he watched the news.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By AndrewB

@Murdouken said:

@AndrewB: Lilly knows because of Larry, I think, who knew because he watched the news.

I knew that she did, but because I didn't talk to her about it, she had no idea I had talked to the rest about it, which seemed like it blindsided her.

unavailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By unavailable

So what the hell happens if you bring Lilly?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@Unavailable: If you bring Lilly with you, she steals the RV.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nottle

@Chaser324 said:

I think there is an option to ask to go with her on the RV, I didn't pick it but that probably doesn't amount to much does it?

unavailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By unavailable

@Chaser324 said:

Well good, I feel even better about abandoning her ass.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By ToxicFruit

BTW, Lilly asked me if i wanted to come with her, does anyone know what happens if you say yes ?

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Klei

@bkbroiler said:

@hbkdx12: Carly tells Lee he should tell people the truth, and then you can go around one-by-one and tell them each. I had no idea it was so different.

I think it's actually pretty diabolical of Telltale to kill the character you get to "save." I kind of thought Carly was untouchable.

It's actually a lot easier for them from now on. Less choices to program. They're actually steering us in a linear conclusion.

pacperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pacperson

@Tfruit: She seems shocked that you said yes, then tells you to go get Clementine, as soon as you get out of the RV she takes off. but it does show a prompt saying "Lilly will remember that you agreed to come with her" So maybe it will come up later.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By ToxicFruit

@pacperson said:

@Tfruit: She seems shocked that you said yes, then tells you to go get Clementine, as soon as you get out of the RV she takes off. but it does show a prompt saying "Lilly will remember that you agreed to come with her" So maybe it will come up later.

Huh. Well guess i kinda expected that it would be something like that

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pacperson: Sadly they tell you that often, even when characters die moments later. It means nothing really. Happened with Carly and that kid that died under the fence in episode 1.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.