Episode 4 out this week Tuesday and Wednesday. More deaths?

#1 Posted by golguin (3830 posts) -

I'm actually worried that Gary Witta might pull the trigger on Clem or Lee just to subvert the idea that the big death will happen at the end. The end will be reserved for dealing without that character. I hope that doesn't happen, but all I'm thinking is that something earth shaking will happen for the series.

#2 Posted by SMTDante89 (2539 posts) -

Can't wait to play it.

#3 Posted by BeachThunder (11630 posts) -

Yay ^__^ can't wait.

Lee Dying wouldn't make sense, since it's already possible for him to die, which just causes you to have to restart from the last checkpoint. Clem won't die (at least not this episode), her face is on the icon of the last episode.

I'm guessing Ben will go this episode; I'm surprised that someone that bumbling has been able to survive this far...

#4 Posted by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

Both aren't dying on this episode, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ken and Ben don't make it. I think Ken will bite it.

#5 Posted by AndrewB (7436 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

Clem won't die (at least not this episode), her face is on the icon of the last episode.

This. Although I could also see where it could be made to turn out to be some flashback to fake everyone out. I really doubt it though. I kind of see Clem moving on to Season 2.

#6 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

Awesome been waiting for this.

#7 Posted by EpicSteve (6470 posts) -

You can't kill Clem or Lee considering there's an Episode 5.

#8 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1230 posts) -

I literally have no one after the bloodbath of episode 3...

#9 Posted by haggis (1677 posts) -

I think Clem will make it through to season 2, but probably will be the only one (maybe a newer supporting character might make it through with her). I suspect that Lee will die at the end. I'd love for Clem to be the POV character in season 2, maybe a few years down the line with her a bit older.

#10 Posted by Funkydupe (3304 posts) -

Early still, but have any platforms gotten this yet?

#11 Posted by AndrewB (7436 posts) -

@haggis said:

I think Clem will make it through to season 2, but probably will be the only one (maybe a newer supporting character might make it through with her). I suspect that Lee will die at the end. I'd love for Clem to be the POV character in season 2, maybe a few years down the line with her a bit older.

I wonder what Clementine would look like in a few years?

Maybe like this, except less pasty?

#12 Posted by Hailinel (23659 posts) -
@AndrewB Duuuude.
#13 Posted by vikingdeath1 (925 posts) -

Damn those One-day PSN exclusives.... makin me wait ONE MORE DAY GRRRRR!!!!

I want the Whitta-sode!

#14 Posted by AndrewB (7436 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@AndrewB Duuuude.

I know, right?

#15 Posted by Yummylee (21200 posts) -

I've always assumed that's basically the whole reason why after having your group cut in half, you then inexplicably bump into more survivors... More people to killl. Hopefully it won't be that predictable, though, because lord knows that's not exactly how one would describe the episodes thus far.

#16 Posted by BeachThunder (11630 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

I've always assumed that's basically the whole reason why after having your group cut in half, you then inexplicably bump into more survivors... More people to killl. Hopefully it won't be that predictable, though, because lord knows that's not exactly how one would describe the episodes thus far.

Well, there would only be three characters if there wasn't anyone replacing the dead ones...

#17 Edited by megalowho (955 posts) -

Not really up to Gary, Sean and Jake have said the whole season arc was mapped out before they started - episodes 1 and 5 specifically. Other writers have come in to fill in the blanks, but they've still got to follow the overall flow of things I'd imagine.

But yea, no doubt bad shit will happen, and it will be depressingly awesome.

#18 Posted by Yummylee (21200 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

@Yummylee said:

Well, there would only be three characters if there wasn't anyone replacing the dead ones...

Your point? I would have loved that actually if it was just Lee, Clem, Kenny and possibly Chuck. Hell, an entire episode solely following Lee and Clem (ala The Road) would be fantastic.

#19 Posted by BeachThunder (11630 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

@BeachThunder said:

@Yummylee said:

Your point? I would have loved that actually if it was just Lee, Clem, Kenny and possibly Chuck. Hell, an entire episode solely following Lee and Clem (ala The Road) would be fantastic.

Maybe that's Episode 5 :o

#20 Posted by Yummylee (21200 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

@Yummylee said:

@BeachThunder said:

@Yummylee said:

Maybe that's Episode 5 :o

Hmm, I dunno. I think Kenny will probably stick to the end. But then who's to say really; with every new episode there's a whole new curve ball ready to completely change just about everything. The entire episode 3 was just one big collage of twists! Not a complaint mind you. I loved what they did to the group. But we should have been past that now; we've gone through the motions and themes of group in-fighting and such, and I was really hoping that this was leading into a much smaller cast of characters to tone it down a bit more.

But again, who's to say everybody doesn't just eat it during the opening!... OK, nothing that extreme will happen, but I'm excited to see this through regardless.

#21 Posted by lclay (383 posts) -

Where is the UK release goddamnnit?!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.