Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Episode 4 save issues

royrules22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By royrules22

I've been having some save loading issues with Episode 4. I finished Ep3 yesterday and today when I started up Ep4 it said that I hadn't finished Ep3 yet. So I had to play through the very last scene (the walkie talkie scene) and then continue. I quit this afternoon after the kid scene in Episode 4 and then attempted to come back to it today. Now it still says I haven't finished episode 3. What the hell!?

Does anyone know of a fix for this issue. I deleted all save files except the ones from today and it still has this issue :(

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By bed

what console are you on? telltale said that they released a patch for PS3 that should fix any save problems

royrules22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By royrules22

PC (Steam)

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
    Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Same issue here. Fired up Steam stoked to play and my save is gone. The Telltale document file has saves in it but the game isn't reading any of them. A GOTY contender for me straight into the toilet. Fuck it, I guess I'll wait until Ep. 5 comes out and play them all at once. Enormous fail, Telltale....

royrules22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By royrules22

Well I'll probably wait until next weekend when I can play the whole thing in one sitting. Still I was so excited :(

majormitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 31

#6  Edited By majormitch

I had the exact same problem, also playing on Steam. I let it randomize my choices for episode 3 so I could play ep 4, which kind of sucks. Actually, episode 4 as a whole was kind of buggy, seems like they might have rushed it a bit.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Dagbiker

Its Gary Whitta's fault.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By eccentrix

@royrules22 said:

I've been having some save loading issues with Episode 4. I finished Ep3 yesterday and today when I started up Ep4 it said that I hadn't finished Ep3 yet. So I had to play through the very last scene (the walkie talkie scene) and then continue. I quit this afternoon after the kid scene in Episode 4 and then attempted to come back to it today. Now it still says I haven't finished episode 3. What the hell!?

Does anyone know of a fix for this issue. I deleted all save files except the ones from today and it still has this issue :(

It sounds more like Episode 3's broken than Episode 4.

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By CJduke

Anybody figure out a solution to this? I just went to play episode 3, and its not reading my saves though all of them are still in my TellTale folder.

royrules22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By royrules22

Nope :(

Avatar image for guerrilla_mason
    guerrilla_mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By guerrilla_mason

I had the same problem, except my epsiode 3 is at the part where Duck is helping you find the thief. Before that, had to redo the last scene of episode 3, saw my stats, went back and SAW my stats, booted up episode 4, and all the choices weren't mine. Went back to look at Episode 3 stats, and they were gone, and the rewind was where I said earlier. I was streaming for friends, so I went with the choices they gave me (which were almost all against what I did), but it really sucks. I guess I'll do another playthrough when Episode 5 comes out and these bugs will hopefully be behind us.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.