Episode 4 - Star Wars References *possible spoilers*

#1 Posted by Rittsy (79 posts) -

Anybody else picking up on a few Star Wars quotes in this episode? Or did I snap under the tension of Mr. Whitta's writing?

#2 Posted by MeierTheRed (4941 posts) -

@Rittsy said:

Anybody else picking up on a few Star Wars quotes in this episode? Or did I snap under the tension of Mr. Whitta's writing?

If there was one i don't think i spotted it.

#3 Posted by HistoryInRust (6397 posts) -

Caught the "I've got a bad feeling about this" Ben says. Was there another?

#4 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@HistoryInRust said:

Caught the "I've got a bad feeling about this" Ben says. Was there another?

that is way too broad, now if they said "These aren't the xx you're looking for" we'd be talking.

#5 Posted by HistoryInRust (6397 posts) -

@Sooty said:

@HistoryInRust said:

Caught the "I've got a bad feeling about this" Ben says. Was there another?

that is way too broad, now if they said "These aren't the xx you're looking for" we'd be talking.

"I've got a bad feeling about this" was a phrase popularized by Star Wars. Dare you to google it.

#6 Posted by Rittsy (79 posts) -

@HistoryInRust said:

Caught the "I've got a bad feeling about this" Ben says. Was there another?

There was another in a conversation between Lee and the new girl, about her ice pick.

"...she wont get a scratch."

"I got your word, not a scratch."

#7 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

The one that got me was when Lee turned to Clementine right near the end of the episode and said "We'll last longer than we will against that Death Star!"

#8 Posted by JasonR86 (9723 posts) -

The one I heard was "I have a bad feeling about this." and that shit was forced as all hell.

#9 Posted by Dtat (1630 posts) -

Molly says "Luck aint got nothing to do with it." That seems like a reference to something I can't put my finger on.

#10 Posted by JasonR86 (9723 posts) -

@Dtat said:

Molly says "Luck aint got nothing to do with it." That seems like a reference to something I can't put my finger on.

It's when the Millennium Falcon tries to outrun the Imperial fleet and Leia tells Han, once she hears the idea of outrunning the fleet, that they would be lucky to do so. Han turns to her and says 'luck ain't got nothing to do with it." Then the Falcon breaks down.

...What the fuck is wrong with me?

#11 Posted by Kraznor (1588 posts) -

@Rittsy said:

@HistoryInRust said:

Caught the "I've got a bad feeling about this" Ben says. Was there another?

There was another in a conversation between Lee and the new girl, about her ice pick.

"...she wont get a scratch."

"I got your word, not a scratch."

Yeah, mentioned that to Whitta on Twitter and he confirmed it as an ROTJ quote.

#12 Posted by HistoryInRust (6397 posts) -

@Kraznor said:

@Rittsy said:

@HistoryInRust said:

Caught the "I've got a bad feeling about this" Ben says. Was there another?

There was another in a conversation between Lee and the new girl, about her ice pick.

"...she wont get a scratch."

"I got your word, not a scratch."

Yeah, mentioned that to Whitta on Twitter and he confirmed it as an ROTJ quote.

Absolutely. Fucking totally missed that, even though it rang familiar when I heard it.

Han and Lando. So smooth.

#13 Posted by mrfluke (5340 posts) -

also felt like i got a indirect "shoot that guy" reference in that scene with lee using the shotgun in the stairs

#14 Posted by BeachThunder (12392 posts) -
#15 Posted by FengShuiGod (1492 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

@Sooty said:

@HistoryInRust said:

Caught the "I've got a bad feeling about this" Ben says. Was there another?

that is way too broad, now if they said "These aren't the xx you're looking for" we'd be talking.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/I_have_a_bad_feeling_about_this

No. That's like giving Star Wars credit for the wilhelm scream or something.

#16 Posted by Rafaelfc (1443 posts) -

I caught that Star Wars reference, also caught a Star Trek and a Back to the Future reference in the episode

bless Gary Whitta

Online
#17 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

I just noticed the "I've got a bad feeling about this", although the other quoted lines did stick out a bit.

Only Gary Whitta can make a ridiculously depressing story that is also an homage to Star Wars.

#18 Posted by Barrock (3553 posts) -

I just loved the "What have you done for me lately?".

#19 Posted by bkbroiler (1641 posts) -

@Barrock said:

I just loved the "What have you done for me lately?".

I loved that too. There was a line that Clem had that I thought was fucking hilarious, too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.