Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Finally got around to starting it...

Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Huey2k2

I bought all five seasons off the Steam sale, I started this morning and just finished playing episode 1. Absolutely loved it, and having to make decisions like that in a couple seconds is gut wrenching.

I chose to save Doug, not necessarily because it was the best decision, but because it was what my gut told me to do at the time. Can't really explain why, but when the pressure was on, it happened. I was actually really surprised with the graphic at the end explaining peoples choices, almost every choice was nearly split 50/50, except for the final choice. Apparently I was in the minority for saving Doug, is there a reason for this? He is a nice enough guy, I find it strange that so few people chose to save him.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Most people just want to save the chick. I saved him because I thought he'd be more useful with any tech we came across.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Ghostiet

Most people simply save the girl first. Also many people figured that Carley being good with a gun might come in handy.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By buft

I choose to save the lady because she knew how to use a gun and also knew my secret but choose not to expose but simply support me and to be honest at that point i didn't really see the death coming, as far as i understand it there are some puzzles that play out different depending on your choice but i cant say for sure

Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Huey2k2

@Ghostiet said:

Most people simply save the girl first. Also many people figured that Carley being good with a gun might come in handy.

Fair enough, I didn't really think about it though when I made the decision... it just kind of happened? I looked at them both and said fuck it, something tells me saving Doug is the right thing to do. I feel like going with your gut is probably the best decision at times like that.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mrsignerman44

I spent more time getting to know Carley so I saved her. I love how the game asks you why you chose Doug or Carley near the end of the episode as well, nice touch.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PillClinton

Yup, same here, just started a couple days ago and also chose Doug. He helped me out with my brother and the pharmacy and stuff. I couldn't have just let him die.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Karkarov

@PillClinton said:

Yup, same here, just started a couple days ago and also chose Doug. He helped me out with my brother and the pharmacy and stuff. I couldn't have just let him die.

Lets not forget Carly couldn't figure out how to put batteries in a radio either. It didn't take a genius to figure out who was going to bring more to the team. What's Carley got, a gun and no brain. Anyone can fire a gun.

Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Master_Funk

Saved doug because he was just a more innocent and sincere character than Carly from talking to him. Alos he had good electronic skills which I hoped would have been useful later on.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By artelinarose

I saved Carly because I am sexist.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Subjugation

@Ghostiet said:

Pretty much summed up right here.

Also, you are in for quite the ride @Huey2k2: so I sincerely hope you have been able to avoid spoilers. TWD is a pretty singular experience.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Terramagi

Carley has 2 required scenes with Lee. Doug has 1, and he's not an active player in it. Plus, "hot chick who totally wants to jump your bone with a GUN" really just stacks the odds in her favor even more.

That said, Team Doug. \m/

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#13  Edited By alistercat

I saved the girl because I feel like I knew her more. It was that simple.

Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Huey2k2

@Subjugation said:

@Ghostiet said:

Pretty much summed up right here.

Also, you are in for quite the ride @Huey2k2: so I sincerely hope you have been able to avoid spoilers. TWD is a pretty singular experience.

I have avoided all spoilers luckily :) I am going in essentially knowing nothing about the experience, I am a good portion of the way through episode two right now, I think I might just play all of them today in a row.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By awesomeusername

I saved Carly because boobs.

Rasmoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rasmoss

@Huey2k2 said:

I bought all five seasons off the Steam sale, I started this morning and just finished playing episode 1. Absolutely loved it, and having to make decisions like that in a couple seconds is gut wrenching.

I chose to save Doug, not necessarily because it was the best decision, but because it was what my gut told me to do at the time. Can't really explain why, but when the pressure was on, it happened. I was actually really surprised with the graphic at the end explaining peoples choices, almost every choice was nearly split 50/50, except for the final choice. Apparently I was in the minority for saving Doug, is there a reason for this? He is a nice enough guy, I find it strange that so few people chose to save him.

I saved Carley because Doug had already risked his life to save her, so I figure it's what he would have wanted.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By golguin

I'd advise staying clear of any forum until you beat the game.

Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Huey2k2

@golguin said:

I'd advise staying clear of any forum until you beat the game.

I am not too worried, I have avoided all spoilers until now, and there is a good chance I will just play all of them before I go to sleep tonight (I am about to finish Episode 2 and HOLY CRAP IS IT GOOD). It shouldn't be a problem.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#19  Edited By alistercat

At what point can I safely listen to the day 2 podcast where walking dead won't spoiled? A timestamp will do. I've only finished chapter 1.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By Humanity

I also just started and finished the second episode but so far it hasn't grabbed me nearly as much as everyone else. I saved Carly because she had a gun and she could use it, also was a reporter and seemed to have her wits about her. Doug looked like a nerd that would just end up dying sooner or later. Also Doug wore socks with sandals, and that is really not excusable.

Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Huey2k2

@Humanity said:

I also just started and finished the second episode but so far it hasn't grabbed me nearly as much as everyone else. I saved Carly because she had a gun and she could use it, also was a reporter and seemed to have her wits about her. Doug looked like a nerd that would just end up dying sooner or later. Also Doug wore socks with sandals, and that is really not excusable.

The second episode was good, but honestly I predicted the "twist" around when the barn door showed up. That said, I am about two thirds of the way through episode 3 now and I must say, it has been an emotional rollercoaster. I have made some decisions I really did not want to make.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#22  Edited By BeachThunder
    @Terramagi said:

Carley has 2 required scenes with Lee. Doug has 1, and he's not an active player in it.

What does this mean?

Anyway, I chose Doug; Carley doesn't know how to use batteries (!?) and she could possibly oust my secret. Doug seemed like he was smart and could be helpful.
    John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By John1912

@Huey2k2: How does your gut not tell you to save the hot chick?! :p

darkstorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By darkstorn

Stick with it, and don't listen to the second GOTY podcast lol...

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25  Edited By GS_Dan

The lass was a dead weight to me when it was revealed she didn't know how batteries worked. Fuck that.

Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Huey2k2

@John1912 said:

@Huey2k2: How does your gut not tell you to save the hot chick?! :p

Because I am of the attitude that in a real apocalypse a hot girl who doesn't understand how to use fucking batteries(like what?) will be nothing more than a distraction to the group of people I am with. As opposed to a guy who is relatively technologically inclined.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ares42

I found the choice to be pretty easy as Doug seemed like a sidenote character, while Carly was very prominent.

Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Huey2k2

Well, I cried at the end of episode 5.

I admit it.

dr_mantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By dr_mantas

You can tell someone to put in batteries right. Teaching someone to use a gun properly takes time.

Also, I don't really care about my "secret". My Lee always told it to everyone as soon as was possible, and it didn't have any negative impact.

Of course, my Lee was a freaking saint.

Besides, nothing to do with her being a girl.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.